Profile for Ms. Pamela Broomhead > Reviews

Content by Ms. Pamela Bro...

Ms. Pamela Broomhead "pamb11" (manchester uk)

Economy Gastronomy: Eat Better and Spend Less
Economy Gastronomy: Eat Better and Spend Less
by Allegra McEvedy

3.0 out of 5 stars economy gastronomy, 15 Sept. 2009
I was disappointed with this book after watching the tv series I found the book a let down the recieps were too expensive with wine etc included in a lot of them also wanted to learn what to have in store cupboard which was not there . I found the recipes more to southern tastes than to northern where we tend to go for cheaper cuts of meat and more stews etc. On the plus side the idea of making one basic batch of food that does 3/4 meals at a time is great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2009 1:19 PM BST

Whirlpool Jet Chef 31 Litre 1000 watt Microwave Oven with Grill and Crisp Function, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars best microwave ever, 5 Feb. 2009
I have had various microwaves since 1965 and this one is super sleek lines and the jet defost well I was amazed how fast without what I call 'burn' on the edges. The steamer function is much better that my electric steamer (which Ive thrown out now)quicker better all round and as my kitchen is very small find the drop down door super for taking things out to turn over etc. would recommend this product anytime.