Profile for cheryl burnal > Reviews

Aled
Aled
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Aled, 23 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Aled (Audio CD)
I cannot recommend this CD highly enough - I purchased the cd after hearing the sample 'o holy night' featuring the young Aled in duet with himself. My search was for a 'male choir' vocal rendition of this classic hymn,(as featured on the t.v. programme 'The West Wing').
However, having been extremely dissapointed with the Pavarotti version of 'o holy night', and as I am not the greatest fan of popular Christmas Carols, I purchased the Aled Jones version very much a 'last resort'.
I remembered Aled singing 'walking in the air' and expected to be dissapointed with the 'older Aled' matured voice, but was delighted to discover a wondeful singer, and a performer of true talent and emotion.
I cannot remember a previous occassion when I brought a CD for a particular track to discover all the songs on the entire CD to be equally enjoyable. This CD and singer far exceeded my albeit limited expectation! I was totally surprised at the depth and quality of Aled's voice, which more than does justice to the 'classical favourites' often covered by the more famous tennor voices!
This cd will leave you wanting more, especially remarkable as providing the listener with both a feeling of tranquility whilst still 'sending shivers to the spine'. Although not even vauguely a fan of Aled Jones in the past, after hearing him sing on this 'Aled' CD,I most certainly am now!