Profile for Casada > Reviews

James Martin's French Adventure: 80 Classic French Recipes
James Martin's French Adventure: 80 Classic French Recipes
by James Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars :pve you James, 11 Mar. 2017
wonderful illustrated book, recipes aren't bad either. Loved the TV series so had to have the book!

An Act of Treachery
An Act of Treachery

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 2, 29 Nov. 2016
Unfortunately I read Book 2 first but I think the 1st book is the better of the 2. I quite like the way Ann Widdecombe writes although she came under a certain amount of criticism for her writing. We read this as a Book Club choice and it had a mixed reception though I wonder if Ann was criticised more for her personality than her writing. Quite a good story line.

Game of Thrones - Season 5 [DVD]
Game of Thrones - Season 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kit Harington

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling viewing, 29 Nov. 2016
What can I say? I cannot get this series on our TV channels so I wait "with baited breath" each year for the new series to come out on DVD.
I try and spread it out but it is compelling viewing so I guzzle it up each year. I think when it is finished I will have to sit and watch the whole series again as it is difficult to remember what has gone preciously. I am glad it comes out in the wintertime as I can just shut the curtains and curl up.
Must be getting close to the next Season! Bring it on.

Into The Woods [DVD] [2014]
Into The Woods [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved Prince Charming, 29 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Into The Woods [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Quite a change from the pantomimes with plenty of twists and turns. Acting was good and very much enjoyed watching it with my older grandchildren. May watch it again at some point.

Nurse Jackie Season 6 [DVD]
Nurse Jackie Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edie Falco

3.0 out of 5 stars This series is loosing it., 29 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Nurse Jackie Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
This was not as good as the first few. It is loosing its quick fire conversation among the main characters and becoming heavy going.

The Muse
The Muse
by Jessie Burton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good page turner., 29 Nov. 2016
This review is from: The Muse (Hardcover)
Found this a good page turner with the story holding my interest until the last page. It gave me, yet again, a small incite into the Spanish Civil War. A good writer and excellent holiday read.

Nurse Jackie Season 7 [DVD]
Nurse Jackie Season 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edie Falco
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad to know there will be no more!, 29 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Nurse Jackie Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I sort of lost interest after season5 but as it was coming to an end I thought I may as well watch the last 2. I felt this one was no where near as good as the first few and glad there will be no more as the story line was repetitive and struggling. It was sad to watch someone never learn and have no regard for family and friends. I know this is often the case but with someone who had their chances and was in a position to know where she was heading it was unsettling.

Chorus Line [DVD] [1985]
Chorus Line [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Michael Douglas
Offered by Dress_Circle_Of_London

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure song and dance., 29 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Chorus Line [DVD] [1985] (DVD)
I watched this many years ago and loved it, so was glad to see it out on DVD. You have to be a lover of song and dance to enjoy it as there is not much story line but the dancing was glorious. Curled up and watched it all on my own, what a treat!

The Watchmaker of Filigree Street: The International Bestseller
The Watchmaker of Filigree Street: The International Bestseller
by Natasha Pulley

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a damp squid, 29 Nov. 2016
This book was Okay but given the choice I would not have bothered. It showed all the hallmarks of a first novel and I felt that a lot of the descriptive
parts were put in there to try and impress rather than add to the story. The story line would have been good if it had not been unnecessarily complicated. I am surprised it was recommended so highly in the press. Given more time Natasha Pulley could make a good writer in her maturer years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5