Profile for MISS ZJK > Reviews

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
Offered by Turbotrance

4.0 out of 5 stars L.A. Noire, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Before you decide to purchase a copy of this game, there are two things you need to consider:

1. This is NOT GTA - more like the exact opposite. Just because it's made by Rockstar doesn't mean it has to be like their other releases.

2. This is NOT all about shooting, killing, and roaming around in a big open-world with a huge map.

For a busy person like me, this game is good for many reasons. For starters, it has linear game-play. I don't have time or patience to sit through huge maps on games like Skyrim. But does that mean those games are bad? No. Just because this game doesn't allow "freedom" that people are looking for doesn't mean it is poor. I quite enjoy using my analytical skills to solve cases and mysteries without dying every second. I don't have to worry about getting lost in the open world. The only game where I've enjoyed doing that was Assassin's Creed, but that's aside the point. All these qualities mean I can solve a case or two at night before I go to bed and still get enjoyment out of the game. The concept is very unique and original and I had a lot of fun driving around 1940s Los Angeles. If you're not into that kind of a thing and want a game where you're constantly doing something and irrelevant side-missions, please get yourself another game and don't bother picking this up. This one is for a mature audience. The only reason I am giving it four stars is because the driving and controls can be annoying. Other than that, I have quite enjoyed playing this game and recommend it for anyone who wants to relax and play a game for their own enjoyment and not because they want to get as many kills as possible for a good night's sleep.

Another thing I'd like to add is that my sister who is in her late 20s and has NEVER really played video games in her entire life, actually got sucked into the game watching me play and finds herself helping me out to solve the cases. Clearly, the game has done something right for a person who doesn't even know the first thing about video games to be attracted to it.

Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Offered by games.empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad to see Ezio go., 15 Nov. 2011
Here is my strategy of playing yearly games - I play a good one, skip one or two, catch up on the story, on to the next. This is one of the big reasons why:
a. I don't complain of boredom and recycling
b. I don't waste money on buying the same thing
c. I appreciate the game for what it actually offers and don't base my review on what happened in the previous games that was better.

I didn't play Brotherhood, for the record. I played Assassin's Creed Bloodlines on the PSP, thought it was mediocre, and then went on to play Assassin's Creed II which blew me away. I resisted the temptation of buying Brotherhood despite low price, and I have now just played Revelations. My God...what a great ending. The game play is fantastic and it is visually stunning. A great break from Italy - I felt like I was transported to centuries old Constantinople. The mechanics and new weapons, alongside the new and improved combat system makes this game a blast to play. Jesper Kyd's awesome soundtrack does a fantastic job in improving the experience overall. I did see some repetition from Assassin's Creed II, but I felt the same emotion while playing this game that I did back when I witnessed the injustice done to Ezio's family.

My only issue with this game is the slight change in controls which can make it, sometimes, harder to fight. But that's not a problem. I also found that in some cases, the story went a little off-track. I can forgive Ubisoft for that. I do not regret the money I spent on this game. And the special edition I bought with the soundtrack CD makes me one happy woman.

Mortal Kombat (Xbox 360)
Mortal Kombat (Xbox 360)
Offered by games-wizard

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars from a veteran MK gamer, 28 Oct. 2011
One of the very first few games I played in my life was Mortal Kombat. I instantly fell in love with it, and subsequently, played all the following parts that came out. It was nerve-wracking, challenging, and simply, a blast. But then, this game was imported to PlayStation, Xbox, Wii and even PSP. Having owned all of these systems, I can honestly say that the recent MK games have been a huge letdown. However, when they announced this one, I had a glimmer of hope and went out, blew my hard-earned money, and bought one of the copies in the first week.

To start off, I finished the story mode, which somehow got boring halfway through. Mind you, it was great to see some flashbacks of MK from my childhood, but this story mode was far from how it used to be. My main issue is the controls. Controls are very poor, and it seems like the developers have made it a point to set them that way so that people are inclined to purchase a joystick. I'm sorry, but after paying all that money for the game, I don't think I want to fork out an extra 50 quid for an arcade style gamepad just so I can execute the moves perfectly. The x-ray moves are HOT, but excruciating to deliver with a regular controller. A game that does not serve the main purpose and requires you to purchase extra accessories is not worth it.

My second main issue is the multiplayer. The developers are kind enough to insert a special code in each new game, which makes it impossible for anyone to play MK online for free unless they purchase the code separately or buy a whole new game. Cheap tactic that has not delivered. The lags in the online games are horrible and I can't count on my fingers how many times I, along with my opponents, get disconnected. If you get disconnected in the middle of the game and your opponent doesn't, he gets the win, while you get the loss. With all the money they have made by only allowing online gaming through special codes, it's shocking to see that the money hasn't improved anything in terms of multiplayer. It seems like it went into the pocket of a money-hungry organization.

All that being said, the game is not terrible, it's just disappointing for the price and the fact that playing online is annoying. Controls made it worse. I did get a lot of flashbacks and it was great to see so many characters but the novelty wore off after the first one month. I am still holding on to the game and still play it online every now and then to try and revive my love for it, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2012 8:10 PM BST

Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of this world!, 9 Oct. 2011
At 25 years of age, I have an abundance of video games under my belt. From Mortal Kombat (when I was little) to Assassin's Creed today - I've played them all. Never have I ever heard a soundtrack THIS good. I was a little bit into the game when I first heard 'Venice Rooftops' while making Ezio jump over rooftops. I immediately Googled the soundtrack and came across this. Downloaded the track and couldn't stop listening to it. My sister, who is far from being a gamer, loved it equally and often played it just because it was so beautifully composed. Just a few days ago, I finished the game and just as I was sitting through the end credits, a different version of 'Venice Rooftops' was played. This was called 'Ezio's Family'. I decided to download the entire album and now both, me and my sister, have this music as our ring tones. Jesper Kyd is simply amazing and Hollywood should consider getting him to compose for movies. I don't know about anyone else, but he definitely made my gaming experience fantastic with his beautiful composition.

Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of amazing., 13 Aug. 2011
I know this review comes 2 years late, but I played the first AC on a PC a long time ago and for a little bit. Found the concept intriguing and thought the game had potential, but got bored pretty quick. When Assassin's Creed II was released, I didn't own any consoles but decided to give AC: Bloodlines a shot on the PSP. Since the story was set somewhere between AC 1 and 2, I knew I had to play it somehow. Got an Xbox recently and got a copy of AC II with it and the game hasn't left my Xbox ever since. Outstanding graphics, amazing and realistic game-play, with a not-so-cliche' and unique story. Since I have a busy life, I don't have more than a couple of hrs to play here and there every alternate weekday and the weekends. Despite that, I was able to finish a significant amount of the game because it's not ridiculously hard, which I think is another good thing about it. I'm sure it must have drawn criticism for not being hard but to be honest, it isn't practical for someone who has a life outside of video games to spend weeks and weeks on a single level. I'm a girl and although the game focuses on being a male (sexual innuendos with other women and being macho), I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't give it any less than 5 stars. I'm definitely going to be purchasing Revelations :-)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Wii)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Wii)
Offered by * The Game Monkey *

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay., 14 Mar. 2011
This game isn't bad, but it isn't great either. I've been playing soccer games for as long as I can remember. God, I started with Fifa on the PC when I was a child. It just seems that over the years, controls seem to be getting more and more tedious for casual gamers like myself. I love video games but with a full-time job, I really don't have time to sit around and spend half my day getting used to the controls. I have no complaints with the graphics and no complaints with the game-play once you get the hang of it. However, I do think that the game doesn't offer a lot more than the previous version and seems a little generic. Three stars.

Sony PS2 Console (PS2)
Sony PS2 Console (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars LEGEND, 2 Mar. 2011
I came across the PS2 when it first came out (big and bulky version) as my cousin bought it for her little one. I remember playing with him when I went over to visit and not even realizing what time it was! I was a teenager back then, and I'm in my mid 20s now. I walked over to the Game store after work the other day and picked up a pre-owned PS2 (even though I have newer consoles) just because it was going so cheap. Wow, what a great decision I made! It was one of the last pieces left in store and it gave me nostalgia. I started gaming on it all over again (completely forgot all the other high tech newer consoles I had), bought me some old PS2 classics and had hours and hours of fun on it. The fact that PS2 consoles and games are STILL in circulation and high demand in the market is proof of the legendary status this console has in the history of video game industry. I will be pretty sad if mine breaks down and when one day I can't find a replacement for it or any PS2 games in the market. It'll be the end of an era.

Sony PSP 3000 Series Slim and Lite Handheld Console (Black)
Sony PSP 3000 Series Slim and Lite Handheld Console (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment center!, 2 Mar. 2011
I can't even begin to describe what a fun journey it has been gaming on the PSP 3000. I got mine a few years ago before the PSP Go came out and I will probably never part from it (especially since mine is a limited edition). The graphics are amazing. At least PS2 equivalent, if not more. There's a decent library of games to choose from as well. The console in itself is a complete entertainment center. You can store music, pictures, digital comics, watch movies (UMD), play multiplayer games on the internet (there's an in-built mic for in game communication), browse the internet (I've browsed Facebook while I was waiting to catch my flight out of the country at the boring airport). The console is light weight and can easily fit in anywhere. I've even fit it into my pockets on few occasions. My only complaint is that the screen gets dirty quite fast and despite being such a careful person, I managed to get a few scratches on it, which makes me wonder if it's vulnerable material. Other than that, great console and I recommend it to anyone who is looking to take a step into gaming. No big bulky TVs required, no bunch of cables required, or 4 extra controllers with batteries etc etc. Buy this, you won't regret it. And if you want to play something on the TV, it's simple. Get a component cable and you can hook your 3000 series straight on your TV and get PS2 graphics. What more do you want?
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2011 10:48 AM GMT

PSP 3000 Console (Silver) with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle (PSP)
PSP 3000 Console (Silver) with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, 2 Mar. 2011
Since I'm a casual gamer, many people recommended buying the PSP to me. At the time, PSP Go wasn't even out so one day, I wandered into a game store and asked for a PSP. The gentleman pulled out this limited edition box and I knew instantly that I wanted it. Bought it, and I haven't regretted my decision. I will leave a detailed review for the grand console that is the PSP, for the PSP's product page. In this review, I will only comment on this bundle.

This themed box with some of the best artwork I have ever seen, comes with a Monster Hunter branded PSP carry case, a little charm to go with your PSP if you want, a sticker that can totally bling out your PSP, and of course, the great Monster Hunter Freedom Unite video game that is ideal for any gamer to start gaming on this mean machine. I applied the Monster Hunter sticker on my console and it definitely looked better than a regular PSP.

The game is amazing. You will not be disappointed. The console itself is great fun. Try it out for yourself and grab this bundle if you can.

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (PSP)
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable Assassin, 2 Mar. 2011
I think this game is underrated because people have the console versions in mind and forget that they are referring to the PSP, not PlayStation or Xbox.

Controls - I have had no problems with controls whatsoever. You just need to be a regular PSP gamer to be able to figure that out. If you're buying this game just for the sake of trying it out on the PSP, you're not going to like it.

Camera Angle - a little annoying, but nothing that hinders in game performance or enjoyability.

Story - great for the PSP! I like my PSP games short, sweet, and to the point. Prolonged games are best left for huge and heavy consoles, not a console you carry with you on the subway or in the car.

Game Play - excellent. I loved following the story while playing the game and enjoyed every minute of it. It sucked me in and made me want to finish small missions and tasks. Portable Assassin? Yes, please!

Graphics - great for the PSP. I don't know how people can complain that full PSP potential isn't utilized. I think it is. It's some of the best graphics you can find on the PSP. Again - don't compare it to PS3 or Xbox or you'll simply never be happy. 5 stars from me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7