Profile for studio inches > Reviews

Content by studio inches

studio inches "inches matteo architetto" (Switzerland)

Bill's Food
Bill's Food
by Bill Granger

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice on the eyes, 4 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Bill's Food (Paperback)
This is the second book that I have purchased by Bill Granger and I must say, it is quiet similar to the book 'Bills Sydney Food'. In this respect I was quiet disappointed as I was expecting a range of new, exciting recipes but instead found myself thinking: 'Wasn't this in the last book?'. So indeed, I got up and had a flick through 'Bills Sydney Food' and was surprised to find recipes that were much the same as in 'Bills Food' with a slight tweak.

This is not to say the recipes aren't good. In my opinion they are no fuss, simple, fresh recipes. However, I think they suit more the Australian climate and lifestyle rather than the European. A lot of the dishes include fresh seafood and Asian ingredients which might be hard to find in Europe. Yet, it makes a great summer cook book.

I do recommend this book if you enjoy light, Asian infused recipes. There are also some nice breakfast ideas and a few baking recipes. I am asking myself whether or not I should continue buying anymore of his books as I am afraid that I will just end up with another round of familiar looking recipes.