Profile for Zodiac107 > Reviews

Content by Zodiac107

Zodiac107

My Cousin Rachel
My Cousin Rachel

1.0 out of 5 stars I wondered why it was so terrible and so incredibly short, 1 Oct. 2015
This review is from: My Cousin Rachel (Kindle Edition)
I bought this on Kindle because it is our book group book of the month, but it wasn't at all clear that it was an abridged version. I wondered why it was so terrible and so incredibly short. Amazon should made it crystal clear when you are buying an abridged version of a book. Very disappointed and I won't trust Kindle versions of our book group reads any more.

Bahco Laplander Folding Saw (396LAP)
Bahco Laplander Folding Saw (396LAP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jun. 2015
Brilliant saw! Cuts through tree branches like butter.

Showa 341 Advanced Grip Gloves Work Wear Safety Coated Breathable - Size 6 / Small
Offered by Prominent

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jun. 2015
Excellent for gardening and very good fit.

Electric Griot Land
Electric Griot Land

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 3 April 2007
This review is from: Electric Griot Land (Audio CD)
I first came across Ba Cissoko on the recent tour of the African Soul Rebels and was mightily impressed by them live - so much so that I bought this CD. I certainly don't regret it. There are 4 or 5 really superb melodic tracks. A couple of others are a bit bland, but for any lover of West African kora music (with electric bass and sensitive percussion)this album is highly recommended. I wonder what Jimmy H would think of the title, but why not?

Breaking and Entering: Music from the Film
Breaking and Entering: Music from the Film
Offered by LIBAUT

5.0 out of 5 stars Minimalist but Brilliant, 22 Jan. 2007
I had been looking forward to the next Underworld album, wondering how Rick and Karl had moved on since the amazing "One Hundred Days Off". But what would a film score be like ... the driving dance sound from "Trainspotting"? Nothing like it. They have teamed up with Gabriel Yared (whose credentials include the scores for other Anthony Minghella films "The English Patient", "The Talented Mr Ripley" and "Cold Mountain")to produce a beautiful, minimalist soundscape. Classical sounds mix with mesmerising piano, marimba-like percussion and electronica to create a wonderful chill-out experience. The Underworld feel is still there, but this album is in another dimension. Turn the lights down, relax and listen. Brilliant! ... pity I missed the film at the cinema - will have to wait for the DVD.

Vespertine
Vespertine

5.0 out of 5 stars Sumptuously Ethereal, 22 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Vespertine (Audio CD)
Vespertine is not quite like Bjork's earlier albums (Debut, Homogenic, Post). Its lush orchestration and heavenly choirs take her to a new level. It takes a while to appreciate, but is now my absolute favourite. The Bjork voice is as fresh and the lyrics are as quirky as ever - who else could come up with "Now I have been slightly shy / But I can smell a pinch of hope"? Pure poetry! From the opening track "Hidden Place" to the gorgeous "Unison", this is music at its most ethereal and sublime.