Profile for IS Haute Savoie > Reviews

Content by IS Haute Savoie

IS Haute Savoie (Annecy France)

Life on Planet WWF
Life on Planet WWF
by C.Y. Chong

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable, 25 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Life on Planet WWF (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book greatly. It was most interesting, amusing, and easy to read. I kept picking it up to read another chapter. It will appeal to a very broad audience.

The Class of '92 [DVD]
The Class of '92 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Beckham
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from the book but just as interesting, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Class of '92 [DVD] (DVD)
The book "The Class of 92" was about the Manchester United Youth team of that year. The DVD is more about the reminiscences of the key players from the youth team of 1992 who were part of the Man United team which won the treble in 1999. Having read the book first helped me enjoy the DVD more.

I am a Man City supporter, but could not help liking the DVD. All the players (Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Butt and the Neville brothers) came over as down-to-earth, amusing and modest. What they had to day was interesting.

The only negative points for me were the contribution of Eric Cantona and Zinedine Zidane. Cantona's English is so poor, it would have been better to have him speak French and translate, but maybe he is no clearer in French. Zidane had nothing new or interesting to say. I would have preferred to hear more from Eric Harrison on their development or the perspective of a respected opponent, eg Tony Adams.

Very interesting; the players come over as responsible committed and intelligent men. So much so that after watching it, I don't know how I can continue hating Gary Neville, who epitomised everything "Red" in his playing days.

Class of 92 (MUFC)
Class of 92 (MUFC)
by Ian Marshall

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, even for a Man City supporter, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Class of 92 (MUFC) (Paperback)
As a City supporter, I would not normally have bought this book, but I got it for a friend who let me read it.

To my surprise, I really enjoyed the book, especially the insights into the mental approach of the players involved. Apart from Ryan Giggs, they were not necessarily the most talented players of that 1992 Youth team but they had the determination and were willing to make the sacrifices needed to reach the top. The book also showed how tenuous a career in football can be. Ben Thornley was as talented as Beckham, Scholes and co and looked set for the top till a bad injury from a bad tackle by a journeyman reserve, and he was never the same player again.

An interesting read for any soccer fan.

My Samsung Galaxy S III
My Samsung Galaxy S III
by Steve Schwartz

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise and helpful., 1 Dec. 2013
There was no documentation with the Galaxy SIII and the on-line help did not help. I downloaded the User Manual which was somewhat useful, but did not answer many of my questions.

"My Samsung Galaxy SIII" filled in almost all the gaps in a clear concise manner. I highly recommend it to anyone who is not highly skilled in usage od smartphones.

The Good, the Mad and the Ugly: The Andy Morrison Story
The Good, the Mad and the Ugly: The Andy Morrison Story
by Andy Morrison (foreword by Joe Royle)

5.0 out of 5 stars Andy Morrison's book - more Good than I expected, 14 Dec. 2011
I bought this book as a way of thanking Andy Morrison for what he did for Man City. I did not expect it to be particularly good. I was wrong.

It is a great book for any adult soccer fans but especially for those of Man City or Plymouth.

He chose the title well, as his life has included some very mad and very ugly which he describes with great honesty. It was compelling reading for me, and surprisingly well written compared to many other soccer autobiographies.

A caution... I would not recommend this book for younger or adolescent readers in view of some of the violence and trouble he got involved in. He was the right man at the right time when Man City was in great difficulty, but in no way could he be considered a role model for young supporters or players.

Once in a Blue Moon: Life, Love and Manchester City
Once in a Blue Moon: Life, Love and Manchester City
by Steve Worthington

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Dec. 2011
A great read, whether or not one is a City fan or even a soccer fan. His recollections of life in Manchester in the 1960's and 1970's brought back so many memories.

The Boat That Rocked [DVD] (2009)
The Boat That Rocked [DVD] (2009)
Dvd ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars It did rock.., 16 Feb. 2010
The film is based on the closure of the pirate radio ships Radio Caroline et al in the mid-60's. I was a teenager in Manchester at that time and was very much into the music of that period... and still am. The film is funny and brought back so many great memories and great music of that time. Only criticism... why cut short some of the songs in the film?

Windows VistaTM Plain & Simple (BPG-Plain & Simple)
Windows VistaTM Plain & Simple (BPG-Plain & Simple)
by Jerry Joyce

4.0 out of 5 stars User friendly Vista, 16 Feb. 2010
I had used Vista for personal work for some months and thought it had the user friendliness of a cornered rat.

Plain & Simple took most of the pain and frustration away. It is what it says in the title... plain and simple. Wish I had bought it earlier