Profile for Mike OKeeffe > Reviews

EIGHTH DIVISION IN WAR 1914-1918
EIGHTH DIVISION IN WAR 1914-1918
by Col J. H. Boraston and Captain E. O. Bax

5.0 out of 5 stars www1 army war., 1 Jan. 2014
I enjoyed this book because it describes the various battles in clear detail. I do however have a personal interest because my father served in this division. Others may find it tedious unless they are devotees of the stratergies of ground warfare. A useful book for research.

Six Not-so-easy Pieces: Einstein's Relativity, Symmetry, and Space-time (Penguin Press Science)
by Richard P Feynman

5.0 out of 5 stars advanced physics, 1 Jan. 2014
A thought provoking book which will challenge all the those well versed in physics. Unfortunately I am not one of those but I enjoy being stretched a little and doing the research needed to understand the thihgs described.

The Ten Most Beautiful Experiments
The Ten Most Beautiful Experiments
by George Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Nature of experiments, 1 Jan. 2014
book is ckearly written and experiments are well chosen however I found them over simplified. I would have to think carefully about to whom I would recommend it.