Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for K King > Reviews

Content by K King

K King "kathy8904" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Studio By Ellen Barrett Barefoot Cardio DVD - region 0 Worldwide
The Studio By Ellen Barrett Barefoot Cardio DVD - region 0 Worldwide
Offered by Fitness & Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Increase your energy with this enjoyable low impact cardio workout., 17 Mar. 2013
This is a great workout for anyone who is new to exercise, anyone who wants to workout without busting a gut, anyone from recovering from injuries or coming back to fitness after illness. You will increase your heart rate nice and gently, and you will sweat. Exercise does not always have to be fast and furious to get good results. No sudden jarring moves here.

This presenter is very pleasant in demeanour, the whole workout will stretch you out considerably and work the whole body top to toe in a graceful, controlled manner. I find my balance is improved afterwards. Ellen gives very good pointers on correct form. This is one of these workouts that looks deceptively easy, but you will feel it afterwards (especially in your lower legs).

4 BINDING RINGS, PAP004IP
4 BINDING RINGS, PAP004IP
Offered by Hobby Art & Crafts

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice big binding ring - keeps all my loyalty store cards in one easy place., 16 Mar. 2013
Many restaurants, shops and coffee shops give you loyalty cards nowadays where they stamp your card at each visit - (ie. buy 9 coffees and get the 10th one free). These cards take up room in your purse and are a bit of a bother to get the correct ones out each time you visit. Not so with this binding ring. All of my loyalty cards go on the one binding ring - takes seconds to flip the cards over to find the right one. I just stamp a little hole in the right hand corner with Tiger 6mm single hole metal paper punch x 1 All the cards are kept neatly together, and are easily found inside my handbag. Easy! Lots of people have said what a great idea this is.

Lower Body Pilates [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Lower Body Pilates [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, enjoyable workout - effective, but not too difficult, 16 Mar. 2013
This DVD is very different to my usual 10 minute solutions workouts. This instructor talks constantly giving you very good advice on correct positioning. She doesn't do any of the exercises herself, but talks whilst the girl is doing the exercises. The exercises are challenging, but not so you feel you are going to bust a gut! There are few reps of each exercise so you can keep to the correct position.

There are three 20 minutes sections:

SLIM & SCULPT HIP ROUTINE: this includes your waist section, very enjoyable.

TRIM & TONE THIGH ROUTINE: This section supposedly elongates and tightens the thigh muscles, without building mass.

LIFT & SCULPT GLUTE WORKOUT: Great bum lifting moves to firm those bum cheeks. Lots of pulsing movements of the butt muscles!

Simple is good, and this has been a timely reminder that you do not have to push yourself out of your comfort zone every time you exercise, these simple workouts are of equal effectiveness - they get the job done.

Salt Liquorice Coins-Dutch Munten Drop-100 grams bag
Salt Liquorice Coins-Dutch Munten Drop-100 grams bag
Offered by ATL Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Juicy, gorgeous liquorice Dutch coins!, 12 Mar. 2013
These are great,they are hard, but not too hard. These are very fresh. If you have tasted cheaper dutch coins and compared them to these, you will immediately know why these ones are a bit expensive. However, the postage was free too which was an added bonus. I find that if you don't store liquorice in an airtight tin it can become horrible and hard and stale. However, I didn't have to store them, they went in one evening! When you suck them you get lots of juicy, slightly salty taste busting all around your mouth. So happy eating these!

Assortment of mixed Dutch SALT Liquorice 150 grams bag
Assortment of mixed Dutch SALT Liquorice 150 grams bag
Offered by Liquorice with a Twist LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star, genuine Dutch liquorice from a trusted seller,, 12 Mar. 2013
I adore Dutch liquorice, but my UK purchases can be a bit touch and go because the quality and taste can differ considerably. This licorice "drop" is top class, slightly salty, not rough, liquorice. My favourite is the Soft Salt Jujubes and the muntendrop (coins). Next day delivery too. I look forward to buy other types.

Greenbrook T17B-C Digital 7 Day 13A Plug-in Time Controller
Greenbrook T17B-C Digital 7 Day 13A Plug-in Time Controller
Offered by The Electrical Company

3.0 out of 5 stars I needed a magnifying glass to programme this - the numbers are so small!, 1 Mar. 2013
I found this extremely fiddly and difficult to programme, simply because the display is about the size of a postage stamp! I only wanted a simple plug to delay my slow cooker turning on but got an all bells and whistles model instead. If you want a controller with loads of programmes for this to turn on at different times this is great, but not for me

10 Minute Solution Tighten And Tone Pilates with Band [DVD]
10 Minute Solution Tighten And Tone Pilates with Band [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lara Hudson
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging, but very rewarding, 1 Mar. 2013
I have been using this DVD for a couple of months' now, and I am still working hard to improve on my form and to do the exercises exactly like the instructor. I really like Lara Hudson's calm, pleasant demeanour and careful instructions. This is on par with Lara's other pilates DVD: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD]This looks easy but is anything but! I would rate this as intermediate to advanced, but saying that it is one to build on and work up to. I find that exercise dvds that are too easy won't really challenge you at all.

I was a bit dubious about using a band DVD as I had problems using bands before - I have found that the band slips about, rides up, bunches up etc and I have trouble moving from position to position. This DVD is different - the instructor has addressed these problems and designed it so you don't have to tie it the ends up into a loop, you just hold the ends. Saying that, I found the band still bunched up a bit around the toes, so I have to pause the DVD to straighten it out. Not good! Note, if you are tall like me it is much more of a challenge - I have to really pull the ends to get the same extension as the instructor. This is a great DVD - there are loads of exercises I have never seen before, its really effective.

There are five sections:

TIGHTENED & TONED CORE: The band enhances stomach exercises by really stretching the moves that little bit further. The whole of the stomach area is worked hard whilst doing roll ups with the band.

DEFINED ARMS & SHOULDERS: This is so hard! I found my arms ached in a completely different way from using dumbbells, I found I was begging for mercy as my arms felt like falling off! I couldn't believe that a band could be so hard!

TRIM & SLIM LOWER BODY: This tightens, tones and firms the thighs, bum and legs. This is the hardest section (and, to me, the least enjoyable) of the lot as you need to be pretty fit to lean on your side and extend your arm and leg whilst pulling on a band - the core strength required for this move is very much one to work up to. Lots of leg lifts etc.

TOTAL BODY TONER: This is a standing routine which improves your posture, with some lovely leg moves to really stretch the legs out. Trying to stand on one leg whilst doing exercises with a band is difficult when you are wobbling around!

LONG & LEAN STRETCH: my favourite! If you do any sports or need blessed relief from tired muscles or niggling injuries this will really stretch your legs and hips out. The final back stretch really stretches the back out effectively with the band. I can thoroughly recommend this after a run, you will recover a lot quicker and feel less tired afterwards.

London Pottery 10 Cup Globe Teapot Red
London Pottery 10 Cup Globe Teapot Red
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge red teapot, great if you like endless cups/mugs of tea!, 18 Aug. 2012
This teapot is huge! Beware, once full of very hot tea this is not so easy to lift - my 6 ft 4 lad had trouble lifting this with one hand. The handle was hot. We used two small oven proof gloves to pick up the handle. The lid doesn't fall out and the teapot doesn't drip. Of note, there is a clever little extra handle near to the spout that you can also as an additional handle when lifting.

I brought this as visiting relatives like endless cups of tea and it saves filling the kettle up again. We like large mugs of tea and this provides at least 6 to 8 mugs.

80 Recipes for Your Breadmaker
80 Recipes for Your Breadmaker
by Richard Ehrlich

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes: my family prefer these recipes rather than standard breadmaker handbook recipes, 26 Jun. 2012
I must admit I have previously relied on my breadmaker's handbook for bread recipes. However,I liked the look of the focaccia bread in this book, and that was why I bought it.

My family absolutely raved about the focaccia - it looks so impressive - as if you have made it all entirely by scratch and not from a bread-maker.

The recipe for simple bread rolls using the "dough" or "pizza" setting was very successful. Again, the family preferred this book's recipes rather than my usual one.

I look forward to trying more bread roll and flatbread recipes.

Ronhill Trek Trackster Pants
Ronhill Trek Trackster Pants

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal running trousers for those who don't like tight fitting running tights, 21 Jun. 2012
Not sure if these trousers are designed for ladies, but I do know it is not easy to find trousers like these in running shops. Most running trousers are skin tight - great if you are stick thin with no bum and tiny thighs, but not if you aren't.

These are so comfortable, albeit rather warm in warmer weather. These trousers skim the bum area and are loose over the thighs. They have two zippable side pockets with plenty of space for keys, mobile, tissues etc. These trousers wash well and dry very quickly. I am really pleased with them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13