Profile for Mrs.D > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Living and The Dead - Season 1
The Living and The Dead - Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars When does season two start?, 27 Aug. 2017
This series is EXCELLENT! Can't wait for the second season to start!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2017 11:43 PM BST

Township
Township

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 16 July 2017
This review is from: Township (App)
This is one of the few games I play, and I highly recommend it. It gets 4 stars rather than 5 because the developers are stingy with what they give for your money if you want to purchase extras. What they fail to understand is that people would be more willing to buy if they got more for their money, and since they're selling bites of code rather than a physical product, they'd lose nothing. As a poor person, I hope they take this on board and change their policy. Other than that, the game is great.

Exhume (Dr. Schwartzman Series Book 1)
Exhume (Dr. Schwartzman Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Been there, 17 Sept. 2016
This is just a Ken Follett and John Grisham clone, and I gave that type of book up years ago for the simple reason that they're all much of a sameness. It's not a *bad* book, by any means, but totally predictable and not terribly exciting. I won't say that it should be avoided, as there's nothing really *wrong* with it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, either. Sorry I can't be more generous with the stars, but if someone asked me for a good spy-type thriller, I wouldn't hand them this. Even as a clone it's not the best of its genre.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2016 10:32 AM BST

Life in Pieces Season 1
Life in Pieces Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inanity, 7 Aug. 2016
This is one of the best comedies I've ever watched and it had me laughing out loud, which is something that doesn't happen often. Highly recommended!

Still: The Series
Still: The Series

1.0 out of 5 stars No talent required, 7 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Still: The Series (Amazon Video)
This series required no talent from anyone involved.... not the actors, the writers, the directors or producers. I'm surprised that any time was wasted on it at all, and whoever decided in the first place that this series needed to be made had to have been drunk. It's not even in the esteemed 'B' category of horror. I doubt it would qualify for a 'Z' category, if such a thing existed. Can you guess that it's a hearty 'NOT recommended'?

Pilot
Pilot

5.0 out of 5 stars Make this one, Amazon, 29 July 2016
I really enjoyed this pilot. It's different, and I'd like to see the series, so I hope you decide to follow through with it.

Solitaire Blast - Fairway cards
Solitaire Blast - Fairway cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one, 14 Jun. 2016
So far I'm loving it... much better than the other bingo by the same developer. Lots of different ways to get the scores needed and the graphics are better. Good way to kill some time without being wedded to the game. I imagine it will get harder as time goes on, but so far so good. Recommended!

Cold Red Blood (Stuart Phillips Crime Book 1)
Cold Red Blood (Stuart Phillips Crime Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Reset the type, please, 10 Jun. 2016
The author needs to reset the type on this book; it currently must be read in portrait mode. I always read in landscape, so I find this extremely uncomfortable. I can't swear to it, but I'm fairly certain that any device will automatically display the type correctly if the author leaves it 'free'. Please fix this. Thank you!

In Twenty Years: A Novel
In Twenty Years: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 4 Jun. 2016
I don't care for romances or detective novels, so this had to be the one (Kindle First). I can now report that this is a VERY good book. The author knows her craft and the writing is seamless, capturing your interest from the start. The characters are believeable and, for the most part, likeable. Where they're less-than-likeable, they are nonetheless recognisable, most likely as people we've either known or been at some point in our lives.

I won't go into any detail over the plot; that can be read on Amazon, and I've had my hand slapped before for giving away too much. It truly surprises me that no one else has reviewed this book yet, and I hope that I'm not the only person to do so, as the writing definitely deserves an audience. I highly recommend it to any other readers who are looking for a read they'll remember and probably revisit. Definitely a 'keeper'.

Preacher - Season 1
Preacher - Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to see more!, 30 May 2016
This review is from: Preacher - Season 1 (Amazon Video)
This one is promising... better than promising. The pilot was excellent, and I can't wait to see the next episode. Amazon is getting the hang of its video side of their ventures.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15