Profile for Oddsocks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Vidal Cable Bites
Vidal Cable Bites

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Bag - not an even colour split though., 21 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Vidal Cable Bites (Grocery)
Lovely and fresh - a MASSIVE 3KG bag, really tasty - the green ones are really tasty sharp Apple, the Orange ones are a mellow Orange flavour and the red ones are a little disappointing as the strawberry flavour isnt very strong.

The only (slight) problem is the bag was about 50% green and 50% red and orange - but seeing as green is the nicest - its no big deal.

Rosehip 5000mg 120 Tablets - High Strength Joint Support Supplement - UK Manufactured GMP Guaranteed Quality
Offered by Troo Health Care

5.0 out of 5 stars Aaaaaaahh pain free Bliss, 9 Aug. 2016
I've been taking all sorts of pain relief tablets for ages (sprays, rubs, heat pads etc) for my hip which has been paining me for a long time and the pain relief tablets were doing nothing.

I thought I would try these after researching them on the interweb - I'm getting a couple of the side effects - but nothing serious and the fact that I'm now pain free (!) means that putting up with a few minor drawbacks is something I can live with.

I started off taking 1 a day - but saw no real change so I upped it to 2 and then the pain improved - I'm now on 3 a day and it's gone completely! (3 a day is the recommended daily amount, 1 taken with food)

Rose hip is also (allegedly) good for removing wrinkles - so that's an added bonus!

I would highly recommend these - but check with your doctor to check that you can take these supplements with other medications.

Best £8 I've ever spent.

Nouske iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6S Plus Case Flip Folio Wallet Stand up Credit Card Holder Cover Holster, Embedded Magnetic Closure Secure Lock feature, Soft TPU bumper shell cradle, Sufficient 360 Full Body protection, Sleek Slim Thin Lightweight Low Profile, Navy Blue
Offered by NOUSKETECH UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but Annoying, 8 Aug. 2016
This is a nice flip case without the obtrusive clasp that some other magnetic cases have - this has a super strong magnet in the top right and bottom right on the rear of the case that keeps the case closed securely and holds it in place when the front cover is folded around the back so it doesn't flap open.

I'm not sure what damage (if any) those 2 magnets are doing to the intervals of my iPhone 6s Plus (some reviewer have noticed problems) but I have not had any problems.

It fits the phone nicely buy a few of the cut outs are a bit to close to the slots (headphone jack, speaker grill) but not a big problem.

The cut out for the headphone socket will ONLY ALLOW VERY THIN 3.5mm jacks - so iPhone buds are fine others might not be.

It offers great protection from General wear and tear on the front, sides and rear ie in pockets with coins, keys etc (But I wouldn't want to drop it as it doesn't look that protective)

It even has a nice internal pocket for a card or some cash.

So why 2 stars and annoying ? Well when it is in your pocket or you open it dust settles on the inner flap and then gets transferred onto the screen so when you open it you have a screen covered in dust and the internal pocket leaves a very distinctive rectangle of dust on your screen which has to be cleaned off every time you use it, and for some reason Nouseketch (the seller) keep emailing me to review it.

It also has no way of locking it into position when it is landscape mode so it tends to fall flat and you have to try and get it stood up again (on a desk it's fine - but on a bumpy car/train journey it's annoying)

iPhone 6s Plus Case, Anker Ultra Protective Case With Built-in Clear Screen Protector for iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 6s Plus (5.5 inch) Drop-Tested, Dust Proof Design (Black/Blue)
Offered by AnkerDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a great case - but awesome customer service., 29 July 2016
****Update**** I have been contacted by Anker and due to the fact that my case had a lot of problems I was offered a Anker screen protector (which I declined) and then I was offered a full refund (which I accepted) so the case might not be very good but the customer service certainly is very good - and it goes to show what comes from leaving an honest and informative review....here is my original review..

I cant decide whether I like this case or not -

1) Its sturdy and offers great drop and scratch protection - but its massive and adds bulk to an already big phone.

2) It has socket covers at the bottom for dust protection and slight waterproofing - but they are a pain to close /open and get in the way if they are not closed properly.

3) The case has a built in screen protector which offers pretty good scratch protection - but it is about 4 mm from the screen so dust gets under it really easy, it is of a cheap quality so its always smudged and dusty and you have to hard press as it doesn't always register presses.

4) The black bit at the back looks good and is quite grippy - but its useless as it doesn't offer much extra protection.

5) Its cheap (under a tenner) - but could I have got a similar but better case for a few pounds more?

6) It has a cut out for the finger print sensor which is built into the case - but its sharp and all the dust gets under the screen protector through it.

7) The buttons are all covered well and there is a cut out for the silence switch - you need serious fingernails to reach the silence switch!

I do really like this case as my last iphone got a massive scratch on the screen from a drop and I wanted a case with built in screen protector - but this case is such a pain !

Its a shame because my iphone 6s plus is such a amazing phone to look at but its now stuck in a massive case with rubbish screen protector. I know I need protection for it and the screen - but there must be a better solution than this?

For protection and practicality I would give this case 5 stars - but as a whole and the fact that it hides away a fantastic phone phone with a lot of compromises I will give it 1 star.

I know the whole point of a case is to protect the phone from damage etc etc - but I want to show off my phone and the screen protector badly lets it down.

They should sell it without the rubbish built in screen protector and team up with a really good screen protector manufacturer who could offer a screen protector especially designed to fit with this case.

Closer to Nature Artificial 57cm Green Ivy Plug Plant - Pot Not Included
Closer to Nature Artificial 57cm Green Ivy Plug Plant - Pot Not Included

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 24 July 2016
Rubbish, expensive and Really fake looking. You can tell straight away they are fake and the 'stem' is so short it's useless.

Closer to Nature Artificial 24cm Red Begonia Plug Plant - Pot Not Included
Closer to Nature Artificial 24cm Red Begonia Plug Plant - Pot Not Included

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL, 24 July 2016
Rubbish, really small, expensive and Really fake looking. They fell to pieces upon delivery. Absolutely terrible.

Closer to Nature Artificial Red Begonia, Pink Azalea and White Geranium Display in a Basalt Black 60cm Trough Planter - Artificial Bedding Plug Plant and Display Range

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish and Artificial looking, 24 July 2016
Not sure wether they have changed the type of plants - one reviewer has said they "look so real people don't believe us when we say they are fake" these however are so fake looking it's obvious they aren't real. The metal trough is sharp and badly made and was really badly packaged.

iBoo Motorola Moto X Play Armour Phone Case - Quality Protection - With Fold Out Stand - 2015 Release - Moto X Play - Phone Cover...
Offered by iBoo

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, useless, poor, cheap and nasty, 17 July 2016
Arrived with the stand loose and within 30 seconds the stand fell off with no way of keeping it in place as its clip is useless.

The case protection is ok but the black inner rubber lining doesn't fit the phone very well and the hard plastic outer has a few sharp plastic bits inside the case which are scratching the rubber on the back of the phone.

Is £3 acceptable for a poor case? No I don't think so. Avoid.

Medion Life X6001 32GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Medion Life X6001 32GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars THE WORST PHONE AND MANUFACTURER I HAVE EVER USED, 13 July 2016
This is a nice big phablet with a terrible HD display.

###UPDATE - I've had this phone over a month now and it has stopped working a few times and the touch screen hardly ever works. The tech support from Medion is lousy and the phone was an expensive mistake. If I could give no stars I would###

The standard apps that come with the phone are unusual and some are quite fun - the camera app is particularly good, Pictures taken on the phone are pretty good - not iphone or samsung standards but for a phone that is 1/3 there price you cant complain.

Music, Ringtones and videos sound good (not really loud - but loud enough) and video playback is pretty good with pictures looking nice and defined.

It has no removable battery and takes 2 micro sims (the medium size ones) no expandable memory but on board is 32gb.

It feels big in the hand and its quite thick when compared to modern day mobiles. The buttons on the side are substantial and are clear plastic - so when the phone is on you get a bit of light bleeding out behind them which gives them definition and it looks pretty good (not sure if that is intentional or not!).

Why 1 star ? I'm on vodafone and they do not have MMS/WEB settings for this brand of phone and getting settings that are just for this phone proved to be impossible (I got various parts of the settings - but I kept being told that as they were not official I might be charged for data use) every time I sent a text or made a call a pop up came up to tell me I may be charged for this service! (I know I could have hid that message but I wanted to see how many times it would appear).

This is a terrible, useless, garbage, horrible phone and Medion support is unhelpful and they never got back to me.

I wish I had never bought this phone, for the same money I could have got a lg G4.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2016 2:39 PM BST

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell [DVD]
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Marsan

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoilers in Review!, 14 Jun. 2016
Fantastic costumes, fantastic story, it's spooky and whimsical, it's got some fantastic special effects, it's got amazing locations and a fantastic story. The best bit is the acting - absolutely outstanding!

Why 1 star ? Well - the ending is awful!! It ends with such a cliffhanger I almost wished I had not watched it! Utterly disappointing ending with a few major plot lines hanging in the air. You spend the whole series waiting for the Raven King to show up and when he does it is such a let down it's shocking.

I'm not sure if it's open ended for a sequel - but it sure looks that way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13