Profile for Hev St. John > Reviews

Content by Hev St. John

Hev St. John (Berkshire)

Girl on a Train
Girl on a Train

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read. Interesting plot. A lot of characters and stuff going on, 23 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Girl on a Train (Kindle Edition)
It was a worthwhile read and enjoyed it. Plot is interesting and draws you in. I read the sample chapters and enjoyed it enough to buy the book! Quite a lot of characters with 'stuff going on' but some seem superfluous in my view. Expect that they are there to build context for the plot and sub plot and take you in different directions. I felt that some threads were left loose at the end. The final paragraphs suggest that it is left open for the principal characters to be put into a follow up novel. As I have been happily engaged in reading this one I would read another by this author. .☺

The Platinum Collection
The Platinum Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection of tracks with acoustic guitar on some as hoped. Really love this CD, 27 Dec. 2016
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
We wanted a particular acoustic guitar track by Joe Cocker to play at our wedding - You are so Beautiful. Just as we'd hoped and everything was brilliant

Cornsilk Satin Loose Powder 12g
Cornsilk Satin Loose Powder 12g
Offered by BEAUTY BOX WHOLESALE COSMETICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Corn silk Loose powder for my Mum, 10 Nov. 2009
My mother was getting low on her preferred make-up powder and being unable to get out and about, I ordered her some via Amazon. All arrived quickly and apart from the Royal Mail leaving it on the front doorstep (not a good idea!) she is delighted. We all are. Top marks.

Freecom Mobile Drive XXS 160GB USB-2
Freecom Mobile Drive XXS 160GB USB-2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mobile Drive for laptop, 22 Jun. 2009
I agree with positive comments made about this product. It suited what we wanted as connecting to a laptop, although lead could be rather short if want to connect to our desk top.Rubber cover means it is protected so I keep in my laptop case and didn't buy anything extra. We stored loads of our music collection as tons of memory. Overall - great!!!Freecom Mobile Drive XXS 160GB USB-2

As Time Goes By: Complete BBC Series 1-9 Box Set [DVD]
As Time Goes By: Complete BBC Series 1-9 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value DVDs, 13 Feb. 2009
As usual Amazon come up trumps with an excellent value for money product. Whole series for this price - wow! Our favourites so well pleased. Timing is everything as got this when the offer was on, so less than normal listed price. Not to be beaten! Took a long time to arrive due to some postal blips, which was the only down side.

Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable, 30 m - White
Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable, 30 m - White
Offered by CCL Computers

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable which sorted out a problem connection, 13 Feb. 2009
I didn't know where to start to connect up my son's PS3 to the internet as it failed to connect as wireless even following the right connection instructions. However this patch cable sorted everything. I did a lot of research on the web to see what people said about connecting up, and read the reviews of different cables on Amazon as I was starting as a novice. For a reasonable price we have a great solution. This is a long cable, longer than packaged cables you find in the High Street - it works fantastically well. No problems with it (and I have read about longer cables giving not such a good connection. Not true.) I recommend it highly. I agree with the person that pointed out the colour issue though - I would not call this white , it is more of an off white grey/cream colour, so be aware of this if you are hoping for it to be 'invisible'.

Panasonic Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner 2500w
Panasonic Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner 2500w

4.0 out of 5 stars Vacuum cleaner - fit for a house, 13 Feb. 2009
I bought this for my elderly Mum as she wanted a cleaner for downstairs as well as upstairs so she didn't have to lug one up a steep stairway. Although a little heavy for her (hence the 4 not 5 star rating)she finds it a good all round cleaner for her house. It has good suction and is easy to use. Excellent value for money.

Dilbert 2009 Calendar
Dilbert 2009 Calendar
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Dilbert - great as always, 13 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Dilbert 2009 Calendar (Calendar)
I buy a Dilbert calendar every year as a gift for a friend, and this one is as funny as ever. Arrived quickly and efficiently in time for Christmas