Profile for Barbara Z. > Reviews

Content by Barbara Z.

Barbara Z. "beatrice" (UK)

Phantoms of Breslau: An Eberhard Mock Investigation
Phantoms of Breslau: An Eberhard Mock Investigation
by Marek Krajewski

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with my choice, 12 July 2013
The book is great as all the books by Krajewski. I like the feeling of disgust and disbelief while reading.

Gelert Sleeping Pod Jnr - Pink Camo
Gelert Sleeping Pod Jnr - Pink Camo

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly ideal, 22 Aug. 2011
Apart from the ridge around 'head area' that should be in my opinion thicker and stiffer- the bag is fabulous. Spacious inside and slippery so that pyjamas do not tangle when child is wriggling. Quite warm- I did not expect that but it really is warm (label states 2 seasons, enough for camping).
My child likes to play with it at home- hiding inside is fun!
It is not a small bag in my opinion. 165 cm in lenght is enough for any 6 yr old girl,I believe. My girl is petite so I reckon this bag will do for her until she is about 130-140 cm tall.

Tangram - Ausgabe in Vier Banden: Kursbuch & Arbeitsbuch 1b
Tangram - Ausgabe in Vier Banden: Kursbuch & Arbeitsbuch 1b
by Rosa-Maria Dallapiazza

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated and lack of gramma, 25 May 2011
It is a book written in 90's so I have to accept the dated looks (clothes and hair) of the characters pictured and dated technology that the characters dealt with in everyday life. But the real drawback is lack of chronologically explained gramma. As a result it is impossible to work on alone as I simply don't know what's going on there.

The Fourth Way: Teachings of G.I. Gurdjieff
The Fourth Way: Teachings of G.I. Gurdjieff
by P.D. Ouspensky

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great, 25 May 2011
It looks to me like a more practical side of Gurdjieff teaching, or at least spares me some effort to understand it better myself (which in the end might not be a very good idea but it works for me perfectly, gives me the positive impuls which I need right now.) This is why I love it but certainly will not recommend it to anybody.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2015 11:09 PM BST

Panasonic DMW-BCE10E Li-Ion Battery
Panasonic DMW-BCE10E Li-Ion Battery

3.0 out of 5 stars Something is not right, 25 May 2011
My Lumix FS33 says in instruction that this is the right battery model for it. But it is not- simply does not fit in my camera nor my battery charger. When buying I probably didn't pay enough attention to the fact that it has only FX30/FX35 in its name.

Get Rid of Your Accent: The English Pronunciation and Speech Training Manual
Get Rid of Your Accent: The English Pronunciation and Speech Training Manual
by Linda James

5.0 out of 5 stars beatrice, 14 Jun. 2008
This book is good.
Although I doubt if it is possible at all to get rid of an accent- this book shows you very clearly how to pronunce English phonems. If you fail to sound correctly- it is only the matter of your ability to copy the sounds. If you can copy exactly like it is on CDs - you can really achieve the success and get rid of your accent!
I am in the middle. I have learned a lot, but experience difficulty in using the proper sounds in my daily spoken English.
But I will keep practicising. And I also bought "English Pronounciation in Use. Advanced" which is nicely combining with "Get Rid of.." as it consists of lots of short stories and sentences spoken in English - giving you a view on how spoken language should look like.(i got the version with 5 audio CDs -£28).
Get Rid of your accent is a valuable position for all learning how to speak quality English.

Body Sculpture BS1370 Twist Stepper with Bungee Cords
Body Sculpture BS1370 Twist Stepper with Bungee Cords

5.0 out of 5 stars barbara, 14 Jun. 2008
Pretty heavy but it must be heavy and solid- otherwise it would get broken very quick. I find this machine very useful. I am a lazy type but I felt that my body needed some activity . This stepper provides me this without me getting too much tired or fed up. I like it more than any other kind of activity.