Profile for Pj Betts > Reviews

Content by Pj Betts

Pj Betts "Pete Betts" (Hull, UK)

Warrior of Rome, Part 2: King of Kings
Warrior of Rome, Part 2: King of Kings
by Harry Sidebottom

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch reading!!!!!!!!!, 25 Sept. 2010
I'm now reading the third instalment of 'Warrior of Rome' and still loving it!
The books are expertly written with characters you feel a real empathy with. Harry's knowledge of the Roman Empire is second to none, being a amateur enthusiast as I am its nice to get a feel for the period and these books don't disappoint.

Renaissance Mix Collection Anniversary Edition
Renaissance Mix Collection Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars The last bastion of a classic era in Trance and dance music, 20 Mar. 2010
I had this on double tape many, many years ago, it came around just as I started my clubbing 'career' and it has stayed with me since, I bought this as soon as I saw it advertised and to be honest you can't go wrong, the quality of the mixing, the choice of tracks and of course for myself (and others out there no doubt) that longing for the glory days of clubbing when clublife was and underground and very choice thing with choice clubs and people (no disrespect to today's generation of clubbers!), I often sit and listen to this and it brings back many succulent memories of (dare I say it?) a time gone by, it still rates as probably the best mix collection ever to be produced by the legend that is Sasha although I have to say they should re-master and re-release the Digweed collection which folowed shortly after (to which I am proud to say I still have the original mix CD's), anyway to summarise, it's up there with the best and even if you're the new generation check it out, you won't be disappointed, long live this mix collection!!!!!