Profile for DARKcell > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 45

DARKcell
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LingsFire® Water-resistant 3 Modes Diamond Shape 2 Red LED Laser Beam Bicycle Bike Cycling Safety Warning Taillight Light Lamp (red)
Offered by LingsFire

3.0 out of 5 stars Great light - but not sure about the laser..., 29 May 2015
DISCLOSURE:
I was kindly supplied this item free of charge to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.

—— WHAT’S IN THE BOX? ——

- 1x ‘jewel’ laser cycle light
- 1x USB cable for charging
- Instructions (in Chinese and English)
- Bracket to attach to bike

—— INITIAL IMPRESSIONS ——

A novel idea: using lasers to paint lines on the ground behind you as you cycle, to create your own ‘virtual cycle lane’.

Intuitive to operate: it has two buttons: “LED” and “LD”. As you’d expect, pressing the LED button activates the LED lights. You can cycle through three options: two types of flashing and a constant light. Similarly, the LD button activates the laser lights, which also have three options: two types of flashing and a constant light.

The English in the instructions isn’t great, but they’re still understandable, and since the device is intuitive to operate, they’re mostly unnecessary.

—— FITTING ——

Attaching to the bike is easy: no tools are required, just finger-tighten the plastic ‘nut’. I had to remove the rubber lining in order to fit it round my seat post, but once removed it fitted easily and securely. The light slots onto the bracket, and is easily removed for charging and to prevent theft when the bike is left locked up somewhere.

—— IN USE ——

Indoors, it all works great and looks bright.

Once outside, it proved to be a disappointment. I rarely cycle at night, preferring to mostly use lights to increase my visibility during the day. To test these lights I put them on a bike my father-in-law was riding and rode along with him, testing the visibility of the light by cycling at different distances behind him. The LED light is great – it is bright and clear, and can be seen from a good distance. Whereas the laser light was barely visible – totally ineffective – and sadly disappointing.

Even at night, with street lights and car lights creating light pollution, I didn’t find the laser that visible, but the LED was just fine.

At less than fifteen pounds, if you’re buying this for the LED light, I think it’s good value. Just be warned that the laser is – in my experience – a gimmick and not bright enough. I think this would be a good light as a gift for a child – the laser adds an interesting dimension to it that would appeal to children who would probably also enjoy playing with it around the house.

---- CONCLUSION ----

I like the LED, unfortunately the laser is not bright enough.

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes – but only with the caveat that the laser didn’t work well for me.

PROS:
✓ Bright LED
✓ USB rechargeable

CONS:
✗ Laser not bright enough

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
I hope you found this review helpful. If you have any questions regarding this product, feel free to leave comments down below - I'm happy to help...
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Smart Weigh SMS500 Digital Bathroom Scale, High Accuracy, Dual Color Weight Change Detection and Smart Step-On Auto Recognition for 8 Users, Black
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars After weighing it up..., 29 May 2015

----- WHAT'S IN THE BOX? -----

· Scales
· Instructions
· 4x AAA batteries

----- INITIAL IMPRESSIONS -----

Wow! They look good. A really polished, sleek finish. Thin and elegant. A great addition to any bathroom.

----- IN USE -----

The instructions are easy to follow.

Requires 4x AAA batteries (included).

Always place on a hard surface. Don’t use on a carpet.

The default unit is lbs, but you can switch to kg using the button on the bottom of the scales.
No need to switch it on or wait for it to calibrate. Just step on to the scales and they tell you your weight in moments.

Now here’s the clever part – it remembers you! Step on a second time and once it has weighed you it will turn red if you’re heavier than when you last weighed yourself, or green if you’re lighter.
So conditioned are we to red representing 'bad' and green 'good' that seeing the screen turn red feels like a reprimand, and green a 'well done'! Of course it only tracks changes from one reading to the next. I'd prefer to see a graph of readings overtime which would better help to identify the general trend - perhaps an idea for the next version.

Apparently it will store up to eight users, and if two users have a weight difference of less than 2kg you will need to manually assign a new user identifier to them. I tried it with three different people and it worked just fine.

The scales switch on automatically when you turn them on. Unless you’re too light, that is! I let my two year old son step onto the scales – he is about 12kg – and they didn’t turn on automatically. On reflection I guess this is good as it stops him from playing with them and using the battery too fast. Once I’d stepped on to them to switch them on, they then weighed him just fine and saved him as a user.
It’s worth noting that these scales do not show BMI, measure fat %, muscle %, bone mass etc. Something else I would have liked – but it does exactly what it says in the description.
I love the step-on function, and the fact it automatically recognises users without having to fiddle with buttons etc. And the coloured status helps you know whether you’ve put on weight since your last reading. So all in all, a nifty pair of scales. They look great, and sit neatly on my bathroom floor.

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

----- CONCLUSION -----

A great pair of scales – the green/red display rewards/reprimands you for weight loss/increase. Plus they look great, and look great on my bathroom floor.

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes.

PROS:
✓ High quality
✓ Looks great in any bathroom
✓ Red/green status for weight increase/loss

CONS:
✗ None

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

KukuBird 37C Owl Couple In Love Pattern Large Ladies Purse Clutch Wallet - BLACK
Offered by KukuBird

3.0 out of 5 stars Great (if it's empty!)..., 29 May 2015

—— INITIAL IMPRESSIONS ——

This leather purse is teal coloured with a beautiful owl design, and embellished with flowers and hearts. The stitching around the edges is also teal in colour, and gives a perfect finish. It really is a stunning design, and the pink and brown in the décor compliment the teal colour really well.

My first impressions on holding the purse are that it is solid and well made. This is an absolute must for any woman whose purse takes a complete battering on a daily basis, from being jostled about in a handbag full of old receipts, half eaten bananas and baby wipes, to having coins thrown in and cards yanked out.

—— IN USE ——

On a practical note, there are nine card slots, three of which are transparent. One of these transparent slots is hidden away in a larger section, but is still easily accessible. Now, maybe I have far too many store reward cards (in fact, I do) but I have way more than nine cards. I’ve had to double or triple-up on some of the slots, with cards I rarely (OK, never) use. If I actually wanted to use one of these cards, I would undoubtedly break a nail or two trying to pull it from the jaws of the card slot. My credit card, which is used on an almost daily basis, is perched snugly in a slot right at the front. Snugly is definitely the word. In comparison to my previous decade-old purse, the cards fit so tightly there is no fear they will fall out. This is not so much of a problem if you just have one card per slot.

The purse has 3 larger sections, presumably for notes (if I was ever lucky enough to have such tender), receipts, and stamps or whatever else one hides in a purse. There is a zipped coin section but unfortunately the space in this seems quite limited. I had to find an alternate place for all my coppers (not in the purse) as there just wasn’t sufficient room. Now you may think there’s room; go ahead and fill the coin section to the brim, squeeze the zip across…and now try to close the purse. Go on, I dare you. This is the problem. If the purse has too much of anything in it (especially coins) it is almost impossible to popper it closed.

So I keep it fairly light. But the main issue remains; the fastening, in my opinion is not sufficient. As an empty purse, it closes beautifully, almost elegantly. But what use is a purse without anything in it? Even with me travelling light, I still must get some odd glares as I stand, holding up a queue, whilst struggling to close my purse. In the end I give up and stick it in my handbag, unclosed. Granted, when I do manage to close it, it stays shut. What I feel would add volumes to this purse is a magnetic popper, one that still has the strength of a popper mechanism, but the guiding of a magnet, so it’s not such a battle every time I buy something.

—— CONCLUSION ——

In conclusion, the appearance of the purse and the feel of it is more than I could ask for. I actually feel stylish parading it around. However, it is let down greatly by the inability to fasten the purse closed without somewhat of a struggle. For this reason I can only give this purse 3 out of 5 stars.

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes.

PROS:
✓ Looks great
✓ Very stylish
✓ Well made

CONS:
✗ Hard to securely fasten (unless completely empty!)

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Dragon Touch Y88X 7'' Cute Cartoon Kids Tablet Quad Core, Google Android 4.4 KitKat, 8GB Nand Flash, Dual Camera, WiFi, HD 1024x600 Multi-touch Screen, Google Play Pre-loaded, 3D Game Supported, Red Silicone Case Bundle

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with my son!..., 21 May 2015
Length:: 1:48 Mins

---- WHAT'S IN THE BOX? ----

- User manual
- Tablet
- Plug
- USB cable
- Red heavy-duty silicone protective cover

---- INITIAL IMPRESSIONS ----

As you'd expect, it feels robust - an important feature to combat potential heavy-handed usage from young children!

It has front and rear cameras, a power button, volume buttons, TF card slot, mini HDMI port, microphone, headset jack, and speakers. The red silicone protective-surround neatly fits over the device, with necessary cutouts for jacks and power ports etc.

---- FEATURES ----

· 5.6GB storage
· Pre-loaded with various apps
· WiFi
· Camera
· Android 4.4
· Can link to a Google account

---- IN USE ----

The instructions are easy to read and well illustrated. However, they're largely unnecessary as it is mostly intuitive to use.

I'm a bit of an apple geek - I have an iPad and am on my third iPhone - so I make no apology that many of my comparisons will make reference to the iPad or iPhone as these devices naturally form my baseline for comparison.

A menu of options is always available along the bottom of the screen - although when some apps are activated the icons are reduced to dots until they're touched. The menu allows you to increase and reduce the volume, return to the previous page, go to the home page, and display all the current open apps.

It comes pre-loaded with a host of apps, including a web browser, Gmail, clock, calendar etc. And of course, you can link your Google account, access the app store and download many other apps. It also comes pre-loaded with Zoodles - for me this is one of the highlights. Zoodles is a platform that delivers age-appropriate content for children. It's so easy to use, and my two year old son loves it! You can easily create multiple children's accounts, and you can tailor the settings in the adult's dashboard that young children can't access. It sensibly prevents children from leaving the app so they can't access your emails and other apps.

Among other things, Zoodles includes 'games' - often songs and clips accessed via YouTube, books, and a `paint' function. A word of caution on the paint function, my two year old son didn't quite get the hand of touching it gently with his fingers, preferring instead to `scratch' at it with his nails. So far no harm done to the screen but unless I can persuade him to stop scratching (or cut his nails very short) I worry it may eventually damage the screen.

My two year old son - who has been banned from using the iPad for a few months - seemed delighted with this tablet. He quickly got the hang of using it with very little help from me.

Since Zoodles leverages WiFi to call down YouTube clips, I noticed there was sometimes a short delay, and my son was sometimes too impatient to wait - although I guess the blame here lies with my broadband connection and not the device!

I should also mention the camera - it is just fine. Clearly it's not something you'd take professional wedding photos on, but is great for snapshots to capture the moment, or for some humorous selfies!

If a picture says a thousand words, then a video must say a hundred thousand. So, to save writing a full length novel here I've included a short video showing the speed of this little tablet and some of its features.

I am used to typing on an iPad or iPhone, and while the typing experience here is fine it is not as good as with an up-to-date Apple device. When you press a key it isn't highlighted so it's harder to confirm you're pressing the one you wanted. It also doesn't have the predictive abilities that I've started to take for granted with Apple.

Let me be clear that this is not an iPad - it's not a high end device - but one would not expect this given that it's a fraction of the cost. For its price it's great value for money and has an impressive array of features.

Although marketed towards children I see no reason why it can't have broader appeal. Pre-installed with a web browser, a Gmail app and Google maps, plus with access to the app store, it's just as useful and relevant for adults too.

---- CONCLUSION ----

In summary, it's no iPad, but it's a great little tablet. Fast, and with an impressive array of features. Given its price I'd say this is great value for money and give it five stars.

All-in-all a nifty little device at a good price. Represents good value for money.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes - without hesitation

PROS:
✓ Robust
✓ Great for children
✓ Pre-loaded with zoodles app
✓ Good for adults too
✓ Camera
✓ WiFi
✓ Various ports

CONS:
✗ None

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

FeiPad® 10 inch Tablet PC Anroid 4.4 Kitkat HD 1024X600 Touch Screen Dual Camera 1GB RAM Pre-installed Google Play Store 3G Wifi function UK Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars A fairly easy five stars, considering the current price point..., 20 May 2015

—— WHAT’S IN THE BOX? ——

- User’s manual
- Charging cable
- Screen protector
- Tablet

—— INITIAL IMPRESSIONS ——

Everything was packaged well in a firm box.
Upon opening the tablet look great, and feels fairly light.
A good start.

—— FEATURES / PORTS ——

On the side of the tablet you have:
- On/off button

- Camera

On the front you have:
- Camera

—— IN USE ——

I’m not going to talk about the ins-and-outs of Android KitKat, as that information can be found anywhere. Instead I’ll talk about random things that have come to my attention in the month I’ve had this tablet:

- At 1024x600, the screen isn’t amazing, irrelevant of what brightness you have it at. It always seems quite washed out when compared to other tablets (of a higher price).
- Having the screen orientated one way seems to lessen the effect of the ‘washed out’ appearance, so that is something
- This washed out appearance of the screen, seems to increase the amount of glare you get, when compared to an old iPad 2 - something to be aware of
- The 1GB of ram certainly helps to speed things along, and in the past month, I haven’t had any time where is got depressingly slow (and quite often it’s impressively speedy!)
- Typing is as fast as you need it
- 16GB internal storage (expandable via the TF card slot)
- 0.3MP front, and 2.0MP rear cameras won’t win you any awards. They won’t really make you want to take any photos at all! Depressingly poor quality, but my guess is you won’t be looking at this tablet to take photos - more for surfing the web, social media, emails, and maybe the odd YouTube video.
- The tablet physically feels fine. Black front, with a plastic back - I have nothing negative to say about it.
- The sound is very usable, understandable, and goes to a decently loud volume - no complaints
- I’ve experienced no issues with internet speeds (although this is obviously largely nothing to do with the tablet, it’s nice to know everything works as it should!)
- A very brief mention for Android 4.4.2 - it all works marvellously, as you would expect. No issues.
- As a regular iPhone user, I’m loving the (admittedly now rather dated!) ability to unlock the tablet with my face. Whilst it’s no Touch ID, it’s certainly a fun way to open a tablet!
- Battery lasts plenty of time, and charges sufficiently fast as well
- Would I want to watch a whole film on this tablet? ONLY if I had no other screen at hand!

—— CONCLUSION ——

A 10” tablet for circa £60, you almost can’t go wrong. In my opinion it’s not as good as my five (ish) year old iPad 2. That being said, for the price paid for the iPad 2, I could get quite a few of these tablets, so it’s not really a fair comparison!
The negative I keep coming back to is the screen. As your main point of interaction with the tablet, it is a little disappointing. Having looked around on Amazon a bit, 1024x600 would appear to be the ’norm’ for tablets around this price (under £100).

When looking at this product as a budget tablet (which is what it is), then I can’t really help but give 5 stars.
The OS is great, the sound is easily acceptable, the cameras are rubbish, the speed is usually impressive, the feel and looks are fine.

If you’re thinking this might go up against some of the more expensive contenders, stop. It won’t. As a budget tablet that’ll get you through some emails, surfing the web, YouTube videos and social media - it’s being sold at a very competitive price.

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes, if they only had £60 to spend on a tablet.

PROS:
✓ Very fairly priced
✓ Sound is easily usable
✓ 10” screen is never a bad thing!
✓ Decently speedy
✓ Great for ‘normal’ usage (web surfing, emails, social media, YouTube etc)

CONS:
✗ Screen isn’t amazing (actually a little poor, but for the price, I can’t really argue)
✗ Screen just looks washed out most of the time
✗ Cameras are very poor (but they were always going to be!)

Charles Wilson Pique Cotton Plain Polo Shirt
Charles Wilson Pique Cotton Plain Polo Shirt
Offered by Charles Wilson Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars The highest quality, at the lowest price - welcome to Charles Wilson..., 9 May 2015

—— INTIAL IMPRESSIONS, DESIGN AND APPEARANCE ——

This top arrived well packaged and fully inside a protective plastic covering. No issues there.
Its minimalistic design, with one main colour, means that it stands out because it’s simple. It looks bang up-to-date and classy, all at the same time. Very impressed.

A great start.

—— SIZING AND FIT ——

I usually wear medium t-shirts. I got this top in medium, and it fits brilliantly. My recommendation would be to order your normal size.
You can’t really tell from the Amazon image, but the sleeves come up short. When I relax my arms down by my side, the bottom of the sleeves are in-line with the centre of my chest. I like t-shirts with short sleeves, so this is a positive for me, but something to take note of incase you’re looking for longer sleeves.
This top honestly feel brilliant to wear. It feels tighter, and looser, in all the places where it needs to. Very well made.

—— MATERIALS AND FINISH ——

This top is 100% cotton and feels wonderful - not only to touch, but also to wear. I’ll reiterate as I feel it’s necessary, the feel is of complete and utter quality.
The stitching is second-to-none, and speaks to the overall quality of the product.

—— EXTRAS ——

This top has been worn multiple times, with washes in between. I’ve had no issues with fitting post-wash. The colours didn't run, even on the first wash, and the item has kept its shape like a champ.

---- CONCLUSION ----

For the price, this is an outstandingly good product. If you purchased a product of a similarly high quality on the high street, you could be paying four times this, easily - and in some shops, even more.
Bottom line - brilliant fit, great feel, stand-out looks and a dirt-cheap price.

DO NOT be put off by the cheap price. I’ve had many experiences with Charles Wilson over the past year or so, and they focus on putting money into the product, not into boardroom-bonuses! This leads to products that are so cheap you may be put off, but with a quality of items far more expensive - buy with confidence.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes. Definitely.

PROS:
✓ Well packaged
✓ Washes well

CONS:
✗ None

- Order your normal size
- Shorter sleeves than many t-shirts, this may or may not be inline with your preferences (I love them!)

Charles Wilson "Heritage" Premium Pique Cotton Polo Shirt
Charles Wilson "Heritage" Premium Pique Cotton Polo Shirt
Price: £10.00 - £17.95

—— INTIAL IMPRESSIONS, DESIGN AND APPEARANCE ——

This polo is part of the Premium range, and easily earns that title.

A great start.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes. Definitely.

PROS:
✓ Well packaged
✓ Washes well

CONS:
✗ None

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Charles Wilson Pique Cotton Contrast Polo Shirt (Large, Sky Blue)
Charles Wilson Pique Cotton Contrast Polo Shirt (Large, Sky Blue)

—— INTIAL IMPRESSIONS, DESIGN AND APPEARANCE ——

Its minimalistic design, with one main colour, infused with a contrast colour around the buttons, means that it stands out because it’s simple. It looks bang up-to-date and classy, all at the same time. Very impressed.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes. Definitely.

PROS:
✓ Well packaged
✓ Washes well

CONS:
✗ None

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Charles Wilson "Heritage" Premium Jersey Cotton Polo Shirt (Medium, Waterloo Red)

—— INTIAL IMPRESSIONS, DESIGN AND APPEARANCE ——

This polo is part of the Premium range, and easily earns that title.
Its minimalistic design, with one main colour, infused with a subdued-but-stylish pocket, means that it stands out because it’s simple. It looks bang up-to-date and classy, all at the same time. Very impressed.
The Waterloo Red is the version I have, and I can’t speak highly enough about its appearance.

—— MATERIALS AND FINISH ——

This top is 60% cotton, 40% polyester and feels wonderful - not only to touch, but also to wear. I’ll reiterate as I feel it’s necessary, the feel is of complete and utter quality.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes. Definitely.

PROS:
✓ Well packaged
✓ Washes well

CONS:
✗ None

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Charles Wilson Jersey Cotton Striped Polo Shirt (Medium, Green)
Charles Wilson Jersey Cotton Striped Polo Shirt (Medium, Green)

—— INTIAL IMPRESSIONS, DESIGN AND APPEARANCE ——

The varying sizes of the stripes creates something that is eye-catching, and I really love blue variation of this top.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes. Definitely.

PROS:
✓ Well packaged
✓ Washes well

CONS:
✗ None

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20