Profile for John Hammar > Reviews

Content by John Hammar

John Hammar

Forgotten Voices of Dunkirk
Forgotten Voices of Dunkirk

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant, informative and engaging. As with other books ..., 6 April 2016
Poignant, informative and engaging. As with other books in this series, many readers will know the 'facts' about the event but not what the participants were feeling. This comes as close to filling that gap as I perceive it to be possible.

Running Gites and B&Bs in France
Running Gites and B&Bs in France
by Jo Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, informative and well thought out, 21 Jan. 2016
Very good book, informative and well thought out. An updated version on tax issues and laws would obviously help but provided all I needed to "decide"...

Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup
Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee - better than most machines!, 19 April 2013
I've owned a number of machines with various gadgets but this produces better coffee than all of them - provided one has filtered water, good coffee and don't overfill with water or heat too rapidly. Not as fast as other methods but taking time is all part of the delight.

The Forex Trading Course: A Self-study Guide to Becoming a Successful Currency Trader (Wiley Trading)
by Abe Cofnas

4.0 out of 5 stars Pragmatic and well written, 19 April 2013
Very good overview of the fundamentals, not encountered in similar books, and good technical analysis section (as useful as indicators ever are!). Good coverage of the various currencies and the major pairs too.

*GENUINE* SAMSUNG REMOTE CONTROL FOR HT-C450 , HT-C453 & HT-C460 HOME CINEMA
*GENUINE* SAMSUNG REMOTE CONTROL FOR HT-C450 , HT-C453 & HT-C460 HOME CINEMA
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for lost remote!, 20 Feb. 2012
As described, this was a genuine replacement for the original control that I somehow managed to lose, so it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Most impreseed with the company - there was a mix up in the email from the delivery company indicating when it was sent and they immediately sent a second unit, without my asking. When the original replacement appeared (predictably, it was the following day), I was happy to return the follow up unit.

Daewoo KOG6L6B Digital Microwave with Grill, 800 Watt, 20 Litre - White
Daewoo KOG6L6B Digital Microwave with Grill, 800 Watt, 20 Litre - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good value..., 12 Jan. 2012
I'd had to reluctantly replaced an old favourite combination grill microwave that I grown very used to (clearly need to get out more) and I'm very pleased that this microwave does all that the old one did - at an excellent price. I particularly like the ten power settings that allow me to cook things gently and therefore evenly. Although I don't expect to use it that often, the grill is a great improvement over my previous model.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to real books!, 20 Nov. 2011
As someone who treasures shelves of good books, I was very doubtful that this would be for me. However, as books are essential for evenings during long cycle rides (but not welcome weight when pedalling up 7 km of Bavarian mountain road) this seemed well worth trying. As it happened, its first outing was on a long haul holiday across the Atlantic where the weight saving and convenience were just as valuable.

Once used to the process of button pushing to change pages, one soon forgets the book is 'electronic' and reading is no different. In truth, it is in some ways better. A quick and easy change in the font typeface and size makes it far easier to read. Best of all, I finished an excellent book (My first try of Michael Harvey) on a Mexican beach in a hotel, where the Internet was both patchy and expensive. Rather than wait until returning to the UK, simply switched on the free wireless connection and bought the next in the Author's series within 2 minutes. I could have received and sent emails for free if I'd bothered to set that up but it was a holiday...

My only slight disappointment was the experimental text-to-speech facility. The choice of only two electronic American voices will no doubt be expanded but the staccato delivery has to be improved - I'll not use it again in the present form.