Profile for Coffee & Vanilla > Reviews

Content by Coffee & Vanilla

Coffee & Vanilla "Margot" (Brighton, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Quality Professional Penlight Always In Stock Fast Delivery by Nightingale Nursing Supplies
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Real penlight for our play doctor case..., 31 May 2015
Just what we need for our play doctor case (!)

It cost less than toy doctor sets and it is so much better. For under £15 we have created great doctor set with real stethoscope, nurse watch, syringes, pipettes and this penlight so my girls can actually learn something while playing.

It works well and is also very sturdy, haven't broke yet despite constantly being dropped on the floor.

Happy Times in Noisy Village
Happy Times in Noisy Village
by Astrid Lindgren

4.0 out of 5 stars Tells a story of growing up old style..., 31 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Happy Times in Noisy Village is different to other books we read so far, in a good way.

My girls who are 4 & 9 really enjoyed listening to adventures of the Noisy Village kids.

Similarly to Astrid Lindgren's "Pippi Long-stocking", the books tells a story of growing up old style... making lead solders, enjoying simple things. It reminds much very much of my own childhood but it is told in such an interesting way that my girls got sucked into it and now we need to read it every night.

This is paper back edition so it would not make a great gift but hard-cover version of the same title is also available.

Motorola Moto G 5-Inch (2nd Gen UK Stock) Dual Sim 8GB SIM-Free Smartphone White

5.0 out of 5 stars It has everything you could want from a modern smartphone at a ridiculously low price..., 31 May 2015
It comes in a little box, no headphones, charger or other useless gadgets. It charges through standard mini usb which is provided. It is also sim free, unlocked and uses micro sim cards.

Having use much smaller HTC Desire from couple of years ago I thought it would be a bit to big but I was wrong, it fits pefectly in my hand (and I have quite small hands) and it is not heavy but at the same time it does not feel like cheap plastic phone, which it isn't.

SPECS

- Motorola Moto G5 comes with Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system (which will be updated to the newest one as soon as you turn the phone on)
- Includes two cameras. A 2 megapixel on the front, with which we can make video calls, and one in the rear with 8MP with integrated LED Flash
- 5″ HD display with gorilla (scratch resistant) glass
- 2 front stereo speakers
- MicroSD card slot up to 32GB
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quadcore processor
- Dual SIM (it has space for another sim if you need separate business / personal phones or anohter one to call different country)
- Comes in black or white version

I love it... it has everything you could want from a modern smartphone at a ridiculously low price. I'm most happy and surprised by the camera, it takes photos which I can share with my blog readers on Instagram, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter (check quality yourself) but also record videos of children and take photos good enough to print in case I don't have my proper camera with me. You'd expect 8 GB internal memory to by reasonable for a under £150 phone, but Motorola goes much further by providing a micro SD slot for additional storage, up to 32 GB. It has enough space to install all the apps, music, and photos I need for a long time and did I mention the price?

Rexel A5 Mesh Bag with Blue Zip (Pack of 10)
Rexel A5 Mesh Bag with Blue Zip (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only for papers but also passports, craft materials, sewing accessories, cables or even cosmetics..., 31 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't know how I could live without those for so long...

Each bag cost a bit over £1.50 but they are well worth the price. Those are very sturdy mesh bags made with soft, strong plastic with nylon threads inside... very practical for all kinds of things and take less place than boxes and can fit easy in drawers and bags.

We have 10 of those A5 bags and we used them for everything: crochet hooks, watercolours, beads, needle felting accessories, spare buttons, usb cables and memory cards, pencils. They are also great to pack passports and tickets or even some cosmetics for travel or to store booklets from kitchen appliances. My girls used those mesh bags also for school to put important papers inside to protect them from getting wet or damaged.

Now I only need to get couple of bigger and smaller ones as I have already very clear idea what I would do with them...

k2-accessories 90 Meters 1mm Brown Waxed Cotton Thong Cord - C0596 / by Roll
k2-accessories 90 Meters 1mm Brown Waxed Cotton Thong Cord - C0596 / by Roll
Offered by lotusbeadsuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Real cotton thread., 28 May 2015
Great, sturdy real cotton thread.
Looks really good and is easy to tie while making jewellery.
90 metres is a lot of thread, it last us forever...

Philips HR1867/21 Viva Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt - Brushed Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to smooth surfaces it can be cleaned within just 1 minute..., 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips Viva Collection juicer is a quite useful gadget to have at home, especially during Summer months when there is a lot of seasonal fruit for juicing.

Comparing to our previous (cheaper) juicer, this one is much more powerful, easier to use and clean as well. Philips states that the machine can be cleaned within just one minute... I haven't checked with stop watch in my hand but this is very possible timing. All of the surfaces are smooth what makes them easy to clean, especially the sieve that in some juicers is nightmare to clean. This juicer did not even come provided with the special brush for cleaning because there is no need, passing standard washing up sponge is enough.

The juicer has also Quick Rinse function where you can pour water into the machine and turn it on to clean in between juicing different fruits or to make cleaning even easier at the end.

It has extra wide (7.5 cm) feeding tube for big pieces of fruits and can make up to 2 litres of juice in one go.

Thanks to the round shape of the base it takes much less space on the counter which is another advantage.

We are very pleased with it and haven't discovered any faults or nuisances as yet.

Minecraft Construction For Dummies
Minecraft Construction For Dummies
by Adam Cordeiro

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad… Not great either, 3 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After having gone through the Redstone book in this series I was quite looking forward to this one on Minecraft construction. However as good as the Redstone book was, this Minecraft construction book was quite disappointing.

The problem is that by the time you’re at a level where you’re looking to advance your construction skills in Minecraft this book is too basic for you, yet it’s too focused on one area to recommend for a Minecraft beginner.

That is not to say that the book is terrible, it just does offer some useful tips and great advice but it feels like it misses it mark.

Minecraft Redstone For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Minecraft Redstone For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
by Jacob Cordeiro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting to grips with Redstone logic, 23 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If I had to chose 1 of the minecraft for dummies portable series, then this would be the one.

It's easy to look up Redstone circuits on the web, or follow a tutorial, but really getting to understand how Redstone works can be a bit tricky.

This book is a great resource with clear explanations, good examples and nice visuals. It's the perfect companion for Redstone build, not too intimidating with just the right amount of relevant information.

It includes great tips and tricks that will take your Redstone skill to another level. Of all the Minecraft books in this series, I think this is by far the most useful.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Offered by electricshop UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointingly Good System, 1 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On un-boxing the ALL3 the 1st thing you notice is the heft, it’s heavier than you’d expect by just looking at it. At 2.5kg it’s robust, and the build quality is awesome.

The slightly indented controls on the unit feels great and the response is perfectly calibrated.

Set up was a breeze including a smooth firmware upgrade.

All good so far… playing music from my device was simple and it sounded great, with surprisingly well defined bass and good mid to high range.

That’s where the good part ends.

The accompanying software is a the polar opposite to the hardware. The software specifically “Panasonic Music Streaming App” is simply woeful. Unresponsive, poorly thought out, and featureless.

What’s more the online streaming sources available in the UK is Spotify, AllPlay Radio (which hooks to TuneIn), Napster, and AUPEO. You can also stream LAN sources.

Fortunately there are many AllPlay compatible apps out there. Those apps can stream to and control the ALL3 without the need for the Panasonic software. I haven’t used the Panasonic app since initially setting up the ALL3 speakers.

Sadly this would easily be a 5 star product, instead, so infuriating is the control app that I would give it 3, it gets 4 stars. Saved by the availability other AllPlay apps

Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator
Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator

5.0 out of 5 stars The 1st snoring reduction product that has worked for us., 1 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It would be fantastic if there were a product on the market that could completely eliminate my husband's snoring. The Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator promises:"A significant reduction of snoring" and as far as I can tell it has reduced his heavy snoring.

Here is what my husband said:

"On 1st inspection I doubted that putting a simple plastic thing in your nostril could help you breathe better. My doubts were completely assuaged immediately after putting it in. It was almost like putting on your 1st pair of glasses.

Breathing feels markedly better, you actually feel more air coming into your body.

My next worry was comfort, will I be able to stand this thing in my nostrils for an extended period of time? The manufacturers suggest it takes 2 weeks to get fully comfortable with it, but it took much less time for me to get used to it.

From all reports this Dilator has reduced my snoring quite a lot, and I feel much better when using it.

Problems? Yes.

I have never been able to wake up with the dilator in place. At some point during the my nights it's guaranteed to fall off, my best guess is that it happens in particular sleeping positions.

Even with that annoyance, it's still by far the best product (strips, sprays, etc) that I've used to alleviative my snoring problem.

I'm even contemplating wearing one during the day, just for the effect it has on my breathing.

The sales pitch claims to:
Reduce nasal congestion - Yes
A significant reduction in snoring - Definitely
Better breathing during sleep - As long as it stays on
Better inhalation and exhalation of air through the nose - Absolutely"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20