Profile for CatherineB > Reviews

London: A Travel Guide Through Time
London: A Travel Guide Through Time
by Dr Matthew Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and interesting, 21 May 2016
I found this book really interesting and informative. The author uses the device of imagining the reader is a time traveller and describes what you would experience visiting London during different historical periods. I found this really brought history to life - the sounds, smells, people, buidlings, lifestyles, dangers, etc of life in different eras and also the kind of behaviour and manners that would be acceptable or considered offensive. There is so much information, both about the bigger picture as well as the little details of everyday life. It also links the historical information to today's London. As a Londoner I found it interesting to know that I had walked past buildings and sights that had been there for centuries, or that some of the road names I was familiar with had quite unexpected origins. It's quite a quick and entertaining read and I would thoroughly recommended it if you are interested in London history and want to get a flavour for the changes the city has been through over the centuries.

Beurer PS240 Soft Grip Acrylic Electronic Bathroom Scales
Beurer PS240 Soft Grip Acrylic Electronic Bathroom Scales

4.0 out of 5 stars ... these about 3 or 4 weeks and they seem fine. As far as I can tell they are ..., 4 May 2016
I've had these about 3 or 4 weeks and they seem fine. As far as I can tell they are accurate (my old scales still worked but had got very tatty, and I weighed myself on both a few times at first to check that I got the same result). I think they'd need to be on a hard level floor, not sure they would work on carpet. They are simple and straightforward and a nice plain design. I like that you can change between stones, pounds and kilos with your feet (you press down on the top righthand corner).

Micro USB Mains Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300)
Micro USB Mains Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300)
Offered by Cregan ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Mine was supplied by Amazon and appears ..., 4 May 2016
Good price. Mine was supplied by Amazon and appears to be a genuine Samsung charger, but I saw when I wrote this review that a different supplier is currently listed. I'd guess the hugely different reviews are down to different suppliers providing different quality products, so probably worth checking the reviews for specific suppliers.

High 5 Sports Nutrition Marathon Race Pack Mix
High 5 Sports Nutrition Marathon Race Pack Mix

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value variety pack, 4 May 2016
Bought this for my husband who is training for a marathon. It works out much cheaper than buying gels separately,. Having bought 2 boxes, the contents were slightly different in each box, so if you are looking for specific products rather than just gels in general, don't assume you will get exactly what is in the picture. For the price it is definitely worth buying and also means you can try different Hi 5 products and see what works for you.

Rain: Four Walks in English Weather
Rain: Four Walks in English Weather
by Melissa Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable short book if you like nature/countryside writing, 4 May 2016
A very enjoyable short book if you like nature/countryside writing. Nicely observed and well-written. The book itself is also very attractive and printed on good quality paper and would make a good present for an outdoorsy person who enjoys reading.

Book Three: Part 2 Herobrine's Message (The Elementia Chronicles, Book 3)
Book Three: Part 2 Herobrine's Message (The Elementia Chronicles, Book 3)
by Sean Fay Wolfe

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun reading for 11 year old, 4 May 2016
My 11 year old son is loving this series of adventures set in the world of Minecraft. He loves adventure book series like Young Bond, Kuromori, Skulduggery Pleasant, Artemis Fowl, etc so I think they will appeal to other kids around age 9-13 who enjoy those type of books.

Bridgedale Coolfusion Light Hiker Women's Sock - Smoky Blue, 5-6.5
Bridgedale Coolfusion Light Hiker Women's Sock - Smoky Blue, 5-6.5

5.0 out of 5 stars The best walking socks you can get!, 4 May 2016
Wonderful socks. I've had several pairs of Bridgedale socks over the years and still have the first two pairs I bought for a walking holiday in about 1995 & they are still going strong. As always these are excellent quality and very comfortable. I work as a gardener so I also wear these (or the winter version) for work socks under steel-capped boots and they are great for that as well as for walking. I don't think you can go wrong with a pair of Bridgedales. I am a size 7.5 and normally have to buy men's socks, but the Bridgedale women's size 7-8.5 (L) are a perfect fit. They are quite expensive but I think well worth the price.

Bullshirt's Kids Eat Sleep Mine Hoodie
Bullshirt's Kids Eat Sleep Mine Hoodie
Offered by Bullshirt
Price: £11.99 - £14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value top, 18 April 2016
Excellent top and such great value for money.

I bought this for my son for his 11th birthday & bought size 9-11 which is fine. My son is quite slim and slightly above average height & it fits perfectly. If you are looking for a baggy-style sweatshirt or your child is of a larger build then you might want to go up a size, but I found the sizing comparable to other places I buy children's clothes - M&S, Next, etc.

I did not expect amazing quality as it was so cheap, but it is as good quality as other similar tops he has. I have washed it 2 or 3 times and it has kept it's shape & colour and not shrunk.

Book Three: Part 1 The Dusk of Hope (The Elementia Chronicles, Book 3)
Book Three: Part 1 The Dusk of Hope (The Elementia Chronicles, Book 3)
by Sean Fay Wolfe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 10 year olds, 25 Mar. 2016
Not my cup of tea but my 10 year old son is really enjoying this series, so I think they'd be a safe bet to buy for a child who enjoys Minecraft and likes a series of books.

Samsung Original SD Card Reader 5pin/11pin Compatible with Smartphones, Tablets and Laptops

3.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if you have a very recent Samsung phone - doesn't work on last year's models, 25 Mar. 2016
Ok, but only works on the most recent phones. Tried on 4 different phones and it only worked on a new Galaxy Core Prime (others are S3 Mini and I think Fame all around 15 months old so not ancient). Would be great if it worked!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11