Profile for Mal Page > Reviews

Nivea Vital Soja Anti-Age Day Cream SPF12 50 ml
Nivea Vital Soja Anti-Age Day Cream SPF12 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 25 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Use a lot of this brand so expected it to be good. A good sized pot that feels generous. The cream is rich but not cloying. It sank it really well and left a dewy finish. Skin felt refreshed all day. Found it a good base for makeup which stayed put well. I sometimes find rich creams fight with foundation and make a claggy mess. Good to have SPF and U V A protection. Expecting good things with long term use....

Levivo Shopping Basket, Aluminium, Red
Levivo Shopping Basket, Aluminium, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful..., 21 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like this very much. One of those things you might not think to buy but wonder how you did without. The cover is a nice cherry colour and heavy duty. I imagine it would repel a light rain shower. The heavy duty handle clicks in place and there are two strengthening struts inside to hold the case rigid. The zip cover is a nice touch, keeping everything secure and out of sight. Best of all, it has a small zip compartment inside - perfect for folding money or a credit card. This is my go-to carry all for a walk to the shops. No need to take a purse and everything is stored securely. I also use it as a craft case as it is ideal for yarn and crochet hooks. I could also see it as a car boot tidy and it would be great for baby's 'stuff' or kids toys in the car. Ideally, I would have liked some elastic straps around the sides for bottles or jars but this a minor niggle.

pür Correcting Primer Prep & Perfect 30 ml
pür Correcting Primer Prep & Perfect 30 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 17 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received the colourless version of this product. The packaging is nice and sits well in the hand. It is easy to dispense the required amount of product. The primer goes on smoothly and is economical. I applied it after moisturising, as advised. I found I had to wait a bit before following with make-up. If you had drier skin you may not have this problem. The primer gave a smooth complexion and foundation was easier to apply. However, it didn't reduce pores and I didn't notice an improvement in the skin. It is nice but I did not love it. I won't be changing from my usual brand. It was a little rich for my skin. Nice, but pricey for only an OK result.

Rimmel London Fresher Skin Foundation, 25 ml - Classic Beige (Shade Number 201)
Rimmel London Fresher Skin Foundation, 25 ml - Classic Beige (Shade Number 201)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 17 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great value product! It goes on smoothly and this shade is a good medium all-rounder, suitable for those with naturally warm facial colour or a light skin with a tan. It covers well and a little goes a long way. One odd thing - it goes on very pale, almost white, when you are blending it in. This is a little disconcerting. It soon reverts to a proper shade though. Lasted all day without caking or patching. Impressed with the performance for the price. The packaging is not great but perfectly functional. A good buy.

Models Own Flawless - Under Eye Concealer - Pearl
Models Own Flawless - Under Eye Concealer - Pearl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 13 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This concealer comes in a pen with a brush at one end. You twist the end which floods the brush with product. After about 20 twists nothing had happened then a splurge if concealer came out! Not a good start. The product is quite thick, too much so for the delicate eye area. The brush spreads it around but it didn't blend in properly until I used my finger. It covered my, faint, dark circles completely but is very glittery. At the end of the day particles had fallen on my cheeks which isn't a good look. I prefer non-glitter concealer as you could not use this product on blemishes etc which would mean having at least two different concealers on the go. I have given it 3 stars as it did cover dark circles but it really isn't for me.

JO HANSFORD LONDON Leave-In Conditioner 150 ml
JO HANSFORD LONDON Leave-In Conditioner 150 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice scent, 8 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This item is nicely packaged in a box and is a generous size. It would make a nice gift. The instructions are poor, however. It doesn't say how much product to use, whether to shake before spraying or how far away to hold the spray. I played it by ear and did OK. It smells lovely - a fresh grapefruit scent which is so much nicer than fake florals. I did not find my hair easier to comb but it had a good shine and bounce. I leave my long curly hair to dry naturally and think this product is probably better suited to those who blow dry. I liked it a lot but maybe not enough to change from my regular product.

Models Own Runway Foundation - Liquid Matte, Buff
Models Own Runway Foundation - Liquid Matte, Buff

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 8 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When the foundation arrived it was not the buff shade promised but natural ivory instead. This is therefore a review of natural ivory. This is a liquid foundation. I used my fingers, as suggested, to apply. It went on smoothly and blended with my skin almost immediately. It leaves a lovely velvety finish. It provides light cover and covered some differences in shade in areas of my skin. It would not cover major blemishes without concealer as well, however. It is very economical. Two pearl sized blobs covered all my face. The shade supplied is light but warm - what I would describe as a honeyed English Rose. It is lovely. I would certainly keep using it and compliments received from friends means they will shortly be buying some too. One negative comment, I absolutely hate the packaging. The glass bottle comes with a paddle attached to the lid. This is clumsy and, if you use the paddle on your face, would surely transfer bacteria to the bottle? Also, you can't put the lid down as the foundation runs down the paddle into the lid. I have seen other versions which have a pump action, which I would prefer.

Rapesco Hole Punch and Stapler Set with 1,000 10/4mm Staples
Rapesco Hole Punch and Stapler Set with 1,000 10/4mm Staples

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 8 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This hole punch and staple set is quite small. It is ideal for the home and would suit children doing homework. Neither piece is very robust though and the translucent blue plastic looks a bit cheap. I had trouble getting the safety lock off the punch. It is good to have extra staples included. There are more than enough to keep you going for some time. In summary, perfectly fine for general household stapling and filing duties but not for anything heavy duty.

The Harrowing
The Harrowing
by James Aitcheson

4.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but needs work, 8 Sept. 2016
This review is from: The Harrowing (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I agree with many of the reviews posted here. It was an intriguing idea for a book. Five travellers with secrets join up on a hazardous journey. However, it never really lives up to its potential. The long passages where the back stories of each are related are clunky. Even one of the characters asks where this is going and speed it up! I'm growing a little weary of the ' if only they knew I had done something terrible' which punctuates all works of this type. The reality rarely lives up to expectations. Also, being a sort of medieval road trip, there is a lot of walking, riding, eating etc which gets repetitive after a while. This is a sort of miserable, less entertaining, Canterbury Tales.
Having said that, I like the author and have read all his other books. I would certainly recommend them and often read them again. His prose style is excellent and easy to read. I'm glad I read this book. I wouldn't read it again. I just don't love it. Sorry.

Crochet In Color
Crochet In Color
by Kathryn Merrick

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, useful patterns, 22 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Crochet In Color (Paperback)
A great book, well set out with attractive designs and nice bright photos. The designs are varied so there is plenty for everyone. Some of the yarns are less well known but substitutions should be possible. From the title, I would have expected more 'colour theory' but this book celebrates statement pieces rather than colour wheels. The block coat would make a great stash buster.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8