Profile for jakesbakescakes > Reviews

Content by jakesbakescakes

jakesbakescakes

Page: 1 | 2
Best Home Fashion Yellow Moroccan Printed Room Darkening Grommet Curtains 183cm L - 1 Pair

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold and silky, 8 April 2016
As aforementioned, these curtains are very shiny and silky feel. They are also more orangey gold in appearance but are absolutely beautiful and lovely quality.

FRONTLINE Spot On for Cats, 3 Pipettes
FRONTLINE Spot On for Cats, 3 Pipettes

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, great price, 4 Nov. 2015
great product, great price. Can highly recommend this seller - went the extra mile to ensure I was purchasing the correct treatment for my pet. Thank you.

1600 x 480 mm Vertical Column Radiator White Oval Double Panel Designer Heater
1600 x 480 mm Vertical Column Radiator White Oval Double Panel Designer Heater
Offered by iBathUK

5.0 out of 5 stars sleek, modern radiator, 28 Nov. 2014
Absolutely outstanding service - radiator arrived in less than 24hrs from placing order - well packaged and excellent communication from supplier. The radiator exceeds expectations - it is very sleek and contemporary, plumbed in easily following the instructions included. It looks far more expensive than the price paid. I would highly recommend.

Books I've Read (Journal)
Books I've Read (Journal)
by Annabel Fraser

3.0 out of 5 stars very basic journal, 16 Feb. 2012
I read other reviews before purchasing this, but decided to go ahead as i was specifically looking for a book recording journal that was laid out alphabetically. To be honest I was very disappointed with this one. It 'does what it says on the box' but offers nothing more. The cover is hardback but the pages are thin, lined paper. Apart from a little quote on each section page (ie each page with a new letter of the alphabet section)it is blank! It really is no more than a cheap A-Z (address book style) notebook. I had originally bought it as part of a 'reading hamper' gift i was making for my friend but i decided against including it because it was so dull and disappointing. I wouldn't recommend this one.

Toy Story 3 Scrabble Junior
Toy Story 3 Scrabble Junior
Offered by rogerjohn28 will post within 48 hours

5.0 out of 5 stars scrabble for kids, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Toy Story 3 Scrabble Junior (Toy)
Bought this for my 6 year olds birthday and we have enjoyed playing it as a family game. My 4 year old - who is toy story mad- is also able to join in. One side of the board has pre-decided words and therefore, when it is your turn, you choose 2 of your tiles to place anywhere on the board-if you complete a word then you win the points. This makes it much fairer and easier way for kids to play and enjoy it. The other side of the board is normal scrabble. It is a shame that the game doesn't include the traditional tile racks meaning your tiles have to be laid on the table. As pointed out in other reviews the letters are all capitals not lower-case but in my opinion this does not matter - children may recognise lower-case easier but they still need to learn capitals letters!
We have enjoyed this game as a whole family and the toy story slant makes it more accessible for kids who might otherwise be more resistant to 'word games'. I would definately recomend it.

Hasbro Trivial Pursuit Steal Game
Hasbro Trivial Pursuit Steal Game
Offered by Poker Shop Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars great card game to take on holiday!, 6 Jun. 2011
I bought this triv card game to take on holiday and was very pleasantly surprised. The questions are bang-up-to-date, the game is funky and fun - a refreshing modern twist on the great classic! Essentially you win card wedges by answering individual category cards correctly but in addition to this, you can use 'wild cards' to stand in for a category of your choice - and the best bit is the 'steal' or 'double steal' cards which enable you to nick your opponents wedges! This makes the game more competetive and gives everyone a fair game meaning its not always the 'brain box' that wins!!!!! The game is small enough to pack in your handbag, but on a negative note we found that after playing it for a couple of evenings we had worked our way through all the cards (although not every question on every card obviously)but this does limit its life span I guess. All in all I think its a fab game for holidays that offers lots of fun and for the price its virtually disposable when you've exhausted the cards. Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2011 12:39 PM BST

Easter Island
Easter Island
by Jennifer Vanderbes

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite read ever!, 9 May 2011
This review is from: Easter Island (Paperback)
I read this book a few years ago and have since lost my copy, therefore now online buying a new one! This story has stuck with me ever since i first read it and i honestly think it has been my favourite book ever!!! Anyone thinking about buying it.... DO IT! BUY IT!! you won't be disappointed - it is beautifully written, fasinating and twisty enough to keep you guessing until the end. Love it!

Klip Kitz Toy Story Sheriff Woody
Klip Kitz Toy Story Sheriff Woody
Offered by Prime Furnishing

2.0 out of 5 stars Tricky and complicated but OK for the devoted Toystory fan!, 30 April 2011
Purchased this kit for my 5 year old but it was way too old for him and required an adult to assemble it at every stage. In fact, it drove me so mad we had to do it over a couple of days just so i could manage my stress levels!!!! The instructions were very difficult to follow (although the idea is straight forward) and once you'd clipped two pieces togther it was very difficult to unclip them again to insert the bit that had been forgotten (due to dodgey instructions!) Basically i ended up clipping and unclipping virtually every piece at one time or another and broke a number of finger nails in the process. As you can imagine it was no fun for a frustrated 5 year old who wanted the toy completed in a tick! Once fully assembled the toy is held in place on a display stand so can't even really be played with!
Perhaps other people might have more success than I did with this toy but i must point out that i had also purchased another kit in the range (buzz) and my husband found it to be just as tricky, complicated and frustrating!!!! On a brighter note, its a nice display piece for the Toystory fan and seems very robust.

Galt Toys A0576L First Octons
Galt Toys A0576L First Octons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little classic, 30 April 2011
Great little classic, purchased for my 4 year old but been played with continuously by my 6 year old and the adults too! This toy is fantastic for their imagination and my kids have created many superb models. The set is quite small but definately has enough octons for some brilliant models and would be super as a birthday party gift. I have since bought a second set so we have enough octons for two kids to play together happily.

The Wishing-Chair Collection: Three stories in one! (The Wishing-Chair Series)
The Wishing-Chair Collection: Three stories in one! (The Wishing-Chair Series)
by Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely bedtime story book, 8 Mar. 2011
I purchased this for my little boys, aged 4 and 5 and they totally adore it. We have already read the 'Faraway Tree' series and this is a similar, great read by the same author. The stories are very well suited to small children, all about young children's adventures with pixies, fairies and a magic, flying chair that takes them wherever they wish to go. The magical lands and strange characters they visit really help small children to concentrate on a simple bedtime 'chapter story'. The occassional pictures throughout the book are wonderful too and help the children stretch their imagination. The chapters are quite short also, which is helpful. I believe this collection of stories are, as are most Enid Blyton books, a lovely, wonderful, magical read - quite removed from a lot of children's literature today. From time to time the language used in these stories is quite old fashioned and out-dated but this helps children learn to appreciate past times and different styles of literature. I can honestly say my boys have loved these stories and have requested them to be read over and over again. I can certainly recommend them for younger children, although i must say, us grown ups have enjoyed re-visiting them too!!!

Page: 1 | 2