Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now
Profile for Half a loaf of Tao > Reviews

Content by Half a loaf of Tao

Half a loaf of Tao (London, UK)

Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition
Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars On the 8th day God created a Bluemic Yeti, 2 Feb. 2012
This does exactly what it says on the tin, and really well too. I bought this mainly to record vocals for podcasting and was really hoping for the cartoid preset (where it only samples audio in front of the mic) to do for me what my crappy analogue microphone couldn't. What can I say, it worked flawlessly. I plugged in my headphones and was straight away able to test the audio quality - crystal clear even with my computer tower humming away in the background.

What's more, I'm running a Linux machine - Ubuntu 11.10 - and getting the microphone working in it was as simple as selecting it in the sound settings menu. Awesome :)

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of earphones, 25 Feb. 2009
I've had these for over 2 years now and they've served me well. Initially I was worried that they would completely block out external sounds (being earbuds) but that didn't turn out to be the case. Having said that they do a great job of blocking out most external noise.

The bass tones comes out nice and deep. It's no different to listening to my desktop subwoofer. The overall sounds (mids and highs) are also included.

My only gripe is that these earphones don't come with a carry case. Over the last couple of years they've been through rough and tumble in my bag and now the right- arphone isn't working anymore. I would buy this model again if it weren't for its successor being present - Creative EP-830 In Ear Headphones.

If you've never tried these before I recommend getting them.

Northern Namaste
Northern Namaste

4.0 out of 5 stars Good debut album, 14 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Northern Namaste (Audio CD)
I went to see Ghosh perform Live at the London Jazz Festival a few weeks ago. Needless to say, his live performance ranks higher than the recorded format, particularly since he had some different instruments accompanying him. His performance inspired me to get the album, and I'm glad I did.

Because it's Jazz the music flows ok from one track to the next. My favourite tracks are Bondhu, Deshkar and Uterine - lots of repeat listening value here. Aurora and Greenhouse are good. The remaining tracks aren't as interesting although still worth listening to.

Overall this a good buy. And I recommend going to see him live if you can.