Profile for Jay > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Ribbons
Ribbons

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 14 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Ribbons (Kindle Edition)
Quite gory , yet i really enjoyed this book . my only gripe is how the author chose to layout conversations between the characters . all speech is in italics , and when characters are having a conversation you have to figure out who is saying what eg: 'where was the victim found' 'she was lying in a ditch' was there a witness' 'yes hes waiting over there' .... this layout is fine when its only 2 people talking but can be confusing if more than 2. that aside , it was a gripping read ,and i am now starting the second book in this series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2017 1:56 PM GMT

We Don't Talk No More (Smooth Mix)
We Don't Talk No More (Smooth Mix)

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet music, 18 Oct. 2014
Now one of my favourite tracks. Very smooth. If you like R&B you will like this track

An Evil Mind: A brilliant serial killer thriller, featuring the unstoppable Robert Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Aug. 2014
Chris Carter on top form as always. I couldn't put this book down. Recommended. I think this is his best book to date. Excellent read.

Say Goodbye (FBI Profiler 6)
Say Goodbye (FBI Profiler 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Oct. 2013
I read this in two days. Fast moving story. The plot is intricate and in places left me a little confused as to how many killer's there were as the story mixes past and present. It also doesn't for up some loose ends, like what happens to the boys taken, are they ever found. Confusing but still one of her best books. Recommended.

River of the Dead: Crime Thriller
River of the Dead: Crime Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 17 Aug. 2013
Excellent . I finished this in 2 days. Very unexpected twist in the end. Way better than his first book which I thought great , but this really held me.

The Thirteenth Torment
The Thirteenth Torment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 May 2013
An amazing read . Couldn't put it down. The characters grabbed you and held you right to the end. You think you know what's coming but you don't . I am eagerly awaiting Ms Chambers next book.

Halfhead
Halfhead

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Halfhead (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this down. This futuristic story was so gory but I enjoyed it immensely. For me, this is his best book so far.

Chasing Darkness (A Taut Psychological Thriller)
Chasing Darkness (A Taut Psychological Thriller)

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 28 Feb. 2013
Disappointed. Having read one of her book's before, which I enjoyed I was actually bored with this book. It had the makings of a good story. What spoilt it was the authors tendency to spend pages at a time telling you what her characters are thinking. So you have 3 plus pages of whatever that character is thinking, before you return to what's actually happening. This really drags out what is potentially a good story, so I found myself skipping a lot of pages. Hmmm...

The Child Taker
The Child Taker

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Child Taker (Kindle Edition)
This was ok, but not as good as Criminally Insane . Interesting storyline, but for some reason I wanted more from it. A fair read.

Criminally Insane
Criminally Insane

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Criminally Insane (Kindle Edition)
This has to be the best UK crime fiction I have read in years . I had not read Jones before, but I am from now on. This book did not have any fillers . Every chapter was filled with something to tease you. I couldn't put it down. An author who is now on my list of favourites alongside James Patterson, Chris Carter, Karin Slaughter , Chris Mooney . The story was Fast Funny Fierce . The characters were on point. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2013 12:14 PM GMT