Profile for varuni > Reviews

Content by varuni

varuni

TaoTronics® Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Transmitter (DSP, A2DP, 3.5mm Audio-Out Jack, USB Audio)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little transmitter, 7 Jun. 2016
This is an excellent little transmitter. And I mean LITTLE! I am using it to connect my TV audio out to wireless speakers/headphones, and switching between the two is as easy as turning one off and turning pairing on (simply hold thr only button for a few seconds). Easy. Range is as you would expect from Bluetooth. The only thing I can't really comment on is battery life since mine is always plugged in. That being said, since it is Bluetooth 4 it should give you reasonable battery life if the device you connect also supports BT4. Overall, very happy with this little thing and wished I bought it earlier for its practicality.

iPhone SE Screen Protector, Anker Xtreme Scratch Terminator Ultra-Clear Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for iPhone SE / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, excellent support, 29 July 2014
As always, Anker is delivering an excellent product for an excellent price. So far, my wife and I were using a mix of Anker plastic screen protectors and Zagg InvisibleShields. While the latter are clearly superior (especially in terms of resisting smudging) they are also vastly more expensive. This glass screen protector now effectively bumps Anker to the top spot of best screen protectors. The feeling is exceptional, smudges hardly register (and can easily be wiped off) and scratches are resisted superbly. Anything from coins to keys to knives just skid right over the surface. The only thing able to make a scratch was a ceramic knife and I do hope that no one is carrying one of these knives unsheathed in his or her pockets. Add to all this the excellent low price, and you end up with a deal that is hard to beat.

This purchase was exceptional though, as I had to rely on Anker support. Two protectors were ordered over the course of two days. Yes, installing the first one and seeing how excellent it was immediately made me order a second one for the second iPhone. However, the second one did not install as expected. Two of the corners did not want to adhere, leaving clearly visible circles that extended onto the screen of the iPhone. While support was relatively slow - it took about 24 hours to reply to each email - it was very satisfactory. A picture of the issue and the Amazon order number was all the proof that was needed to get a new screen protector shipped. Very impressed, and I will keep on ordering products from Anker without a doubt.

One final hint. The screen protector has two protective stickers which you need to remove before and after installing. You can make installation a lot easier if you apply a piece of tape at the top and the bottom of the side that you need to remove after installing. This way, you can remove the protective sticker that needs to go before installing, lift and drop the screen protector in place using the tape pieces and then apply the screen protector by pressing on it once you are happy with its position. The two pieces of tape will come right off with the second protective sticker that needs to go after installing, leaving you with an easy and perfectly installed screen protector.

The Riddick Collection [Blu-ray]
The Riddick Collection [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Vin Diesel

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: NOT the trilogy, only first two movies, 9 Feb. 2014
Of all the Blu-Rays I have ever bought, this must be the worst rip-off ever. Everything about this box screams trilogy: it is the Riddick COLLECTION, there are THREE MOVIES LISTED AT THE BOTTOM of the box, each corresponding with the names of the three Riddick movies, And then we have the reviews, where the reviews link to the TRILOGY on DVD ...

Well, before anyone else is sorely disappointed, this bundle only contains the first two movies and some lousy DVD. Given the omission of the last movie, this collection is even very expensive. You can easily buy the first and second movie and save a pound or two while doing so. Overall, keep away from this collection ...
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2014 12:40 AM BST

Poetic GraphGrip Silicone Case for Apple iPad Air (5th Generation iPad) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

4.0 out of 5 stars This Poetic case is for those people who like to have the screen exposed at all times (e, 26 Nov. 2013
Cases are always tricky to consider because people have wildly different expectations when it comes to a case. This Poetic case is for those people who like to have the screen exposed at all times (e.g. because they use a screen protector), who do not use an Apple smart cover and who have no problem hiding away the beautiful back of their iPad as long as it means some serious protection for your iPad. For those people, this case is worth considering.

Applying the case is easy, even when you have a screen protector on. The case feels very sturdy and fits snugly around the case. Not too snugly though, as the rims of the case will sometimes slide up and down when you pull the iPad out of some bag. The case has a nice grip to it, which is a joy to hold. The silicone of this case is very thick, especially around the corners. But ... the case is extremely heavy. Put this case on your iPad Air and the iPad suddenly feels like an iPad 4. I would guess that the case weighs about half of an iPad Air. Add to this its bulky, protective design and you end up with a case that feels like it is weighing your iPad Air down. On the flip side, I wouldn't mind dropping my iPad when it is in this case as I feel confident that it would protect the iPad, even from cosmetic damage.

Overall, I would think this is the best case for an iPad that I have ever had, save for the original iPad case for the iPad 1. There are definitely some points that bother me, such as the weight, but I am okay with these downsides as it ticks all my boxes such as a good fit, added protection and an always accessible screen.

For the price, I can only advise you to give this case a go. I have used far more expensive cases that didn't even come near to the ease of use and quality of this case.

Anker Screen Protector for Apple iPad Pro 9.7 / Air / iPad Air 2 [2-Pack] - Xtreme Scratch Defender Crystal-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect screen protector for a bargain price, 22 Nov. 2013
I am a bit surprised seeing other people react negatively about these screen protectors. I have always used InvisbleShield protectors on just about all of my products thus far. However, those protectors weren't available from Amazon just yet so I went ahead and bought the Anker protectors. I am extremely fuzzy when it comes to screen protectors. Up until now, only the InvisibleShield has given me the finish and ease of application that I expected. The only reason I even considered Anker was because I have had top-notch experience with their battery pack and USB-ethernet adapter. Each and every time I received a product that was way better than the price I paid.

This is exactly my feeling with these screen protectors. You get an awfully decent protector for a bargain price. In all fairness I have to say that the application of the first screen protector didn't go well. You start by unpeeling the first layer, which was easy. You then apply the screen protector. This was okay, but make sure your screen is spotless as all pieces of dirt will be visible. Getting your screen spotless isn't hard at all given the included piece of cloth and the dirt sticker. Finally, and this is where I screwed up: you have to carefully unpeel another layer WITHOUT removing the actual protector. I was a bit too enthusiastic and peeled the protector off as well. Once you do that, it is a major dust magnet. So much so that you are better off binning it right away as reapplying would mean a screen full of bubbles. Lesson learned, and the second protector was applied spotless.

At first, the screen protector is a bit sticky. Just get some dish soap and gently clean the surface of the protector. I guess the stickiness is due to the third layer that is put on there using some form of very mild glue. After that, the experience is phenomenal. The protector fits perfectly, is extremely nice to the touch, and is truly unnoticeable. Compared to the InvisibleShield HD on my old iPad I would give it a 9/10 or a 10/10. In fact, I am so happy with it that I ordered another set for my new iPhone and didn't even look into buying an InvisbleShield. Given that they are nearly as good or even as good and only cost about a tenth of high-end protectors, I would wholeheartedly recommend this to everyone who is looking for a screen protector.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 11:51 AM GMT

Energizer 3-in-1 Lantern
Energizer 3-in-1 Lantern
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent lantern for emergencies, 5 Nov. 2013
This is the second Energizer 3-in-1 lantern I ordered, and the quality of the product just speaks for itself. What you get is basically a plain torchlight (with an okay light bundle, but more than good enough for the price) and a very capable lantern for during black-outs. The lantern has two settings. You can have a white area light that is sufficient to lighten up a small room. It won't be as bright as when you turn your normal lights on, but is sufficient to find your stuff and avoid you from bumping into something. Alternatively, you can have an amber light. This light uses only one very power-efficient LED and is sufficient to put on a table and see what's happening on the table. It is barely usable to read a book, but it is more than powerful enough to e.g. read a map or play a board game.

Most impressive of all is the (rated) battery life. Using the flashlight you can get about 50 hours out of this thing. Using the white lantern will get you about 40 hours. Using the amber lantern ... well, I wouldn't be surprised if you get over a week of continuous use. Our other 3-in-1 has been with us for about a year know, has been used through black-outs and is still going strong on the first set of batteries. Actually, the beam is still just as strong as the new one with a new set of batteries.

Overall, whether you want a lantern for emergencies, camping, festivals ... then this is probably the best price vs. performance lantern you can buy.

Pack of 4 Wooden Spoon Set - It protects your cookware from scratches - Ideal utensils for cooking, mixing & flipping

4.0 out of 5 stars good, cheap wooden spoons, 26 Oct. 2013
There really isn't much to review here. You get 4 spoons, of two different sizes. The spoons are a bit roughly cut, but otherwise do their job exactly as any other wooden spoon. They are cheap, they are sturdy so yes, I would recommend them.

Acctim 21023 Supervisor Wall Clock, Black
Acctim 21023 Supervisor Wall Clock, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars not radio controlled and now failed after less than 3 years: avoid, 26 Oct. 2013
I ordered this clock as I was looking for a radio controlled clock. I checked the description and it indeed mentioned "Radio controlled for precision timekeeping". You can image my surprise when I get a basic clock, no better than a £2 clock IKEA clock. The clock is nice looking, but the (cheap) internals were broken on delivery (the hour hand had come loose, easy to fix though). You even have to advance the calendar in shorter months. The clock does look like the picture, but it is just that ... a clock. So mind you when buying: this is just a basic clock with a somewhat decent look.

update: less than three years in, and the clock has completely jammed up. The discs inside that regulate the day are jammed and are holding the whole clock back. Fixing it is out of the question, as to do that you would need to peel off the black sticker that is actually the clock face. What a waste of money ...