Profile for Jo > Reviews

Jo

SockShop Women's 2 Pair Plain Bamboo Socks 4-8 Ladies Peacock Jewel
SockShop Women's 2 Pair Plain Bamboo Socks 4-8 Ladies Peacock Jewel

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the photo, 2 Dec. 2014
I bought these as a gift for someone who is travelling to a hot country. I can't comment on the fit and how they wash etc as I don't know, but I would say that the colours of the Peacock set are much nicer and more vibrant in real life - the photo does not do them justice. They feel nice and silky soft too.

Facebook Pages Manager
Facebook Pages Manager

1.0 out of 5 stars why are updates always worse than the last version?, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Facebook Pages Manager (App)
This was working fine yesterday then I was asked to update to the latest version. Now it won't open. Great. I have removed it from the device and the cloud and reinstalled - still won't open. Thanks a bunch.

Facebook  For Kindle fire HD
Facebook For Kindle fire HD

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt work, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Facebook For Kindle fire HD (App)
I got this app as I can't zoom in on the official Facebook app using my Kindle Fire HD. I have a visual impairment. This app would not load at all. Waste of time.

FULL FACEBOOK
FULL FACEBOOK

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt work, 22 April 2014
This review is from: FULL FACEBOOK (App)

BBC iPlayer Radio
BBC iPlayer Radio

1.0 out of 5 stars BBC takes a big step backwards, 6 April 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
The other day, I launched the usual i-player app to listen to radio programmes. My Favourites list had been emptied and when I tried to access the radio section, I was told I needed to get the new radio app.

I can find no way to store Favourites on the new app. As I want to listen to a full series of a radio play, this means I have to do a new search to find the episodes each day. The 'more episodes' button is greyed out so I can't even find the next episode after listening to one without having to search again. This eats into the time I have free but then, to add insult to injury, the programmes don't play as well on this app. They get 'stuck' so the little circle of doom starts turning and keeps going for ages. For two days now, I've been trying to listen to a 15 minute programme and still not made it to the end. The slider bar doesn't work as well on this new app either. And finally, the screen is portrait not landscape like the old one.

Very disappointed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect present, 24 April 2013
I wanted to buy a wipe clean apron for my boyfriend's birthday. He is a keen cook but I struggled to find a design that wasn't too feminine. I was delighted to find this one as he particularly likes chillis and spicy food. He loves the apron and I was pleased with the price and service.