Profile for Heather L Brouwer > Reviews

Heather L Brouwer

Sewing Machine Needle Schmetz Assorted 70-100 from Germany x10 needle packet
Sewing Machine Needle Schmetz Assorted 70-100 from Germany x10 needle packet
Offered by Cathedral Sewing Machines

2.0 out of 5 stars These needles are not as they appear in the picture ..., 2 July 2016
These needles are not as they appear in the picture! There was no twin needle in the pack, which was hugely disappointing as that was the needle I mostly urgently required!

Room on the Broom
Room on the Broom
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great story by Julia Donaldson, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (Hardcover)
We bought this after buying Stick man, and it is just as good. My 3 year old daughter loves it. We have read it so many times that she is now able to finish off each sentence-just what you want when you are trying to instill a love of books and reading into your children!

Stick Man
Stick Man
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year old daughter loves it!, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Stick Man (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 3 year old daughter at Christmas and she loves it! As a parent, it's also a story I'm very happy to read to her. It has great rhythm and rhyming verse. It's also funny, and builds suspense-my daughter always gets terribly concerned for the poor stick man who "just wants to go home mummy!" They're also beautifully illustrated. We love this book so much that we have since bought several others by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler and they have all been equally as good and as popular with my daughter. She now insists on reading multiple stories before bed as she is so spoiled for choice!

Magnetic Star Chart / Reward Chart ( Large)
Magnetic Star Chart / Reward Chart ( Large)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 22 Mar. 2013
I had made DIY reward charts before using just stickers, but this meant that I had to keep making new ones and buying new stickers-not very cost and time effective in the long run! I like this as you can start a fresh each week. There is a good choice of "good behaviours" to promote and I like that it comes with blank tabs so you can write your own. This is something we chose to do as not all the behaviours were quite age appropriate for our 3 year old yet. It's also good that the chart can be colour coded to use for multiple children.

65cm Natural Birth & Fitness Birthing Ball & Pump - NBF Birth Ball
65cm Natural Birth & Fitness Birthing Ball & Pump - NBF Birth Ball
Offered by Birth-ease

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels safe, 22 Mar. 2013
I feel really safe sitting and bouncing on this birthing ball. I don't feel in any danger of it popping. It was easy to inflate and I liked that it came with the measuring tape to ensure that it was inflated correctly. It is a nice colour too, not garish like some balls available, so it doesn't look too bad in my living room. The exercise leaflet has been useful too. Using this to sit on really helped stop my hips becoming too painful when the nesting instinct kicked in recently and I started sorting the house out and decorating. So much more comfortable than sitting on the sofa. I would recommend it for any pregnant lady suffering from pelvic pain! It doesn't quite get a full star rating from me though because it is quite expensive compared to others available, and I'm not convinced that a cheaper one would be any less effective!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 22 Mar. 2013
I bought these for my husband to use to unblock our kitchen drain that had become clogged with detergent. They're a great heavy duty pair of gloves that came plenty high enough up his arm to allow him to do the job without getting himself in a mess! Well worth the money as it meant that he was no longer able to put the job off!

BISSELL BS9708NP OXY PRO SPOT AND STAIN REMOVER
BISSELL BS9708NP OXY PRO SPOT AND STAIN REMOVER

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor compared to the original OxyKIC, 22 Mar. 2013
I had previously used OxyKic which was incredible at removing stains. It even managed to remove a dried in ink stain on my carpet from a leaky printer cartridge. Unfortunately that product seems to have been discontinued. I think this product claims to be the new version of OxyKic, but it is nowhere near as effective at removing stains. Even with repeat applications it hasn't fully removed the coffee stain from my beige carpet. I'm a bit disappointed, given that it's predecessor was so good!