Profile for kerry_k46@hotmail.com > Reviews

Content by kerry_k46@hotm...

kerry_k46@hotmail.com (Jordan)

Wuthering Heights (The Penguin English Library)
Wuthering Heights (The Penguin English Library)
by Emily Brontë

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 29 Nov. 2001
Right, where do i begin??? how did i ever live without reading this book?? i was told by some idiot that it was boring which put me off for a while, but i read it recently and was totally blown away!! It is honestly the most intense, passionate, maddening book i've ever read. It starts out strong and keeps on going, i actually had to force myself not to read it all in one night and to save some for the next day! Emily Bronte uses such powerful imagery in her prose that it just stuns you. The setting of the story in the Yorkshire moors was absolutely fitting, i doubt that if it had been set anywhere else it couldn't have possibly been half as powerful. The moors add to the air of mystery, gloom, beauty, passion,love, and tragedy. Heathcliff and Cathy are definately the most interesting and intense pair of lovers i have ever read of. Heathcliff especially provokes me, mostly because i cannot decide whether i love or hate him, and that is but one part of the genius of this book. Heathcliff is the hero/anti-hero of the book and just so utterly fascinating a character. The best ingredient of this masterpiece is the fact that the story takes place in such a secluded region, with equally interesting characters, away from the social niceties and civilities that are common in other books of this time. Therefore, the passion and tragedy of the love and hatred in this story is more strongly felt. I could honestly go on forever but i'll spare all you readers out there. All i will say is that you definately must read this book, i know that this is horribly cliche but it truly is one of the best books i have ever read in my life! You will not be sorry.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 7:23 PM GMT

Snap Happy
Snap Happy
by Fiona Walker
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud and keep you up all night kind of book!, 1 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Snap Happy (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought Snap happy on a whim after reading about it in a magazine. Not one to read these kinds of books I was immediately hooked! I found myself awake at 3am laughing my head off at Juno and her mad antics and odd theories! Jay was the perfect enigmatic and sexy stranger and Juno was just hysterical! From their first meeting, (which is one of my favourite parts in the book) to the touching and heartwarming end, Ms. Walker had me in stitches and left me wanting more. I have already read it twice and passed it onto my friends who loved it! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, enjoyable, fat read. I am now a fully fledged Fiona Walker fan! When's te next one Fiona????

Well Groomed
Well Groomed
by Fiona Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Excellent and fun read!, 1 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Well Groomed (Paperback)
I bought this book along with Snap Happy and French Realtions seeing as it was its sequel, and I am glad I did! Brilliant and witty, I was sucked in from the very beginning. Although most enjoyable when read after reading French Relations, it is one of the most entertaining books I've read in ages. The return of Hugo was amazing, he has a very Mr. Darcy quality about him, but with more shows of vulnerability. Tash was a funny heroine, very easy to sympathise with. I found myself laughing out loud whilst reading it, to which i got some very odd looks. Excellent read, very well written, and one of my favourite books by Ms. Walker. If only i had a Hugo! Keep them coming Fiona!