Profile for liquerpoker > Reviews

Content by liquerpoker

liquerpoker

For All Kings
For All Kings

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the 2nd song "monster at the end" maybe the ..., 26 April 2016
This review is from: For All Kings (Audio CD)
A cd of 2 halves, its starts off strong and then I think has some filler songs, I love the 2nd song "monster at the end" maybe the song of their career???

Giving the Game Away [Limited Edition]
Giving the Game Away [Limited Edition]
Offered by firefly-music-store

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly in great condition, a great band but prop not their ..., 26 April 2016
Arrived quickly in great condition, a great band but prop not their best work, try the new release" all you can eat", amazing value for money and a fantastic mix of songs including a great cover of "all around the bend"

This Is Gonna Hurt
This Is Gonna Hurt

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album, stand out songs for me are the ..., 30 July 2014
This review is from: This Is Gonna Hurt (Audio CD)
Great album, stand out songs for me are the title track and ' sure feels right'. These two tracks are better than anything done by motley crue

From Donington To Download: The History of Rock at Donington Park
From Donington To Download: The History of Rock at Donington Park

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read so far, 30 July 2014
A very good read so far! Have read up as far as Monsters of rock 1994. Reliving some great memories from attending donington in 1987, 1988, 1990, 1992 and 1995. I find that the artist and fan recounts of each festival are more informative and amusing than than the start of each chapter. Well done to the author a great read for a bargin price. Would happily pay £15-£20 for a hardback version of this book with some cool colour photos of each year-an idea to think about ?????

Persistence Of Time [Australian Import]
Persistence Of Time [Australian Import]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album, one of their best, 30 July 2014
Great album, one of their best, standout tracks for me 'Keep it in the Family' is probably the best song anthrax have written EVER!!!!

Mission To Lars [DVD]
Mission To Lars [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars mission to lars -mission to amazing, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Mission To Lars [DVD] (DVD)
This a a beautiful film.I am 41 years old and have not been brought so close to tears over a movie since I saw ET when I was 9!!!. I have been a huge metallica fan for over 20 years seeing them 13 times.I was always told ' never meet your hero , you will be dissapointed'
This is the fear that i had with this movie, how will it end,???

To me, the movie was more about the love,dedication and frustration that Toms family have towards him.The patience and sacfifice that Toms sister show towards him could teach us all a thing or two about family love and tolerance.I really hope that Kate (Toms sister )reads this review because you are a very special person and sister and I loved your honesty about how you and Tom drifted apart.

Please rent/buy/watch this movie. Its not necessary u like metallica , TO ME ITS MORE ABOUT HOW TO MAKE SOMEONE ELSE HAPPY !!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2013 3:24 AM BST

Live At Donington 1990
Live At Donington 1990

3.0 out of 5 stars huge dissapointment, 11 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Live At Donington 1990 (Audio CD)
I was at this gig in 1990 and like most was over the moon to hear of the dvd release, again, like most have had the full unedited BBC broadcast for the past 21 years. I regularly listen to the boot and always enjoy it as a reminder of a great day at donington. The soundtrack on the cds is faultless, chrystal clear and dare i say it most likely enhanced by overdubs!!! In my personal opinion i prefer live recordings to have a raw feel and to be kept in their natural state, like previously mentioned alot of coverdale's interactions with the crowd are omitted from this new release.

The audio cd of this gig in my mind was never in question i've loved it and enjoyed listening to it for 20 years, what i was really looking forward to was the dvd. I just wish the dvd could have been sold as a seperate item. To reinforce my review title i was hughly dissapointed with the dvd. I expected much more. I knew it couldnt compete with the high standard of todays HI DEF releases but in short the vast majority , in my opinion, isnt any better than an audience shot bootleg, some of the far off shot are blurry at best and i totally agree with a previous review that said all the shots are close ups and you dont get to see the sheer size and emmensity/atmosphere that the monsters of rock at donington is world famous for.I have a VHS recording of the highlights of the whole day at donington '90 from MTV Headbangers ball and the picture quality is WAY better than this dvd. Other reviews have compared thiS to the AC/DC gig from 1991 donington, isee their point but yo can also compare his dvd to the VHS tape released by THUNDER in 1990 which contained 4 songs from the same day- that release is still better quality that the dvd being reviewed now.

To finish off I would like to thank MR Coverdale and the w'snake organisation for relasing this product but i just dont think you did yourself justice with the dvd quality.

Dont get me wrong, im very happy to have this gig on dvd,If the dvd had of been better i would easily give this release 8 out of 5