Profile for L.P. > Reviews

L.P.

Construct
Construct

2.0 out of 5 stars Content of the Limited Edition is a letdown, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Construct (Audio CD)
This review is not about how good the songs are on the album (they are!). It's about the concept of the Limited Edition. It's a reminder and a warning to people who, like me, instantly buy the limited edition album of their favourite bands.

I must say that the contents of this limited edition are clearly stated in the product description on this page, and that if I had read it carefully I would not have bought it.

First of all. When I opened the amazon package I was pleased with the sturdy carton box which contains the CD's. Nice design, great artwork, overall well developed whith an eye to details.

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, the consequence of this design is that the album does not fit inside a standard CD rack. It's not just one milimeter, the box is almost 2 cm's taller then any other CD casing.

But this is not the main reason why I don't like this Limited Edition. It's the bonus content which is a letdown. Previous limited editions had at least the bonus tracks on the main disc and an extra DVD with a documentary and video's of concerts. This one doesn't have all that. There are just 2 bonus tracks. And they've put them on a _separate_ disc. I find that really bothersome, just to have to swap a disc for only two more songs.

For almost £4 extra, I think they could and should have put more effort in this.