Profile for Mr. J. Margetts > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Margetts

Mr. J. Margetts (Lincoln, UK)

Lightroom® 6/CC Made Easy
Lightroom® 6/CC Made Easy

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 1 May 2017
This book is telling me a lot. Downside: there are no paragraphs or just the one - making it hard to read.

United States Of America
United States Of America

5.0 out of 5 stars refound masterpiece, 22 Sept. 2010
I originally bought this on vinyl in 1970 and nearly wore the record out. The music is still as fresh today as it was then - not mainstream by any notion but brilliant.

Historical Thesaurus of the Oxford English Dictionary: With additional material from A Thesaurus of Old English
by Christian Kay

5.0 out of 5 stars Word Addiction, 28 Jan. 2010
Be prepared to lose a lot of time. There are a lot of words here and for someone who has a passion for words, this is a very addictive book. I have no specific use for this book, but already I would not want to do with out it. It is also large and heavy - something I did not think of before buying (or strictly, allowing Bestbeloved to buy for me). It needs a sturdy bookcase with large shelves - that cheap, flat-pack bookcase might not cope.

Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice in Open Source)
Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice in Open Source)
by Akkana Peck

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginning Gimp, 28 Jan. 2010
I have moved from using Photoshop to using Gimp for processing my photographs. I was really wanting to know how Gimp differed from Photoshop as well as knowing how to get the best from Gimp. This book was excellent for that purpose, although no comparisons with photoshop are made. For people who have not previously used Photoshop or similar, some more discussion of the basics might be useful.

The chapters of the book are well thought out and mostly in the best order. The chapters for writing your own plug-ins or adapting the code for Gimp will be useful for those who understand programming or are willing to learn but it was lost on me. The book assumes you are using Gimp with the Linux operating system, but as Gimp will also run on Windows and Mac computers some more mention of the differences those users will experience would perhaps be useful.

This is a very useful, well written book, and I thoroughly recommend it.

MY-Link USB External Slim USB External DVD-RW CD-RW DVD/CD Drive Burner Writer, suitable for Samsung NC10, Asus EEE PC , Acer Aspire One , and other Laptops, Windows and Linux Compatible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photo storage, 14 Oct. 2009
I recently bought the my-link dvd reader/writer for my Acer Aspire One netbook. I use this to download and store photographs in the field. The dvd drive seems to be well made and is small enough to carry around with the Acer netbook. It was very easy to set up - i.e. just plug in and works well.

I am very pleased with it.