Profile for Trevor J Edwards > Reviews

Trevor J Edwards

Financial Times - UK Edition
Financial Times - UK Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and convenient, 8 Oct. 2010
I subscribed to the FT the same day I received my Kindle. Got the first issue within minutes of placing my order. The product has met my exectations as I have been wanting to subscribe to FT for some time but they do not deliver hardcopy papers to my home and with the online version I won't have time to read it until I get home in the evening at which point some of it would be 'old' news.
Pros:
With the Kindle subscription, I open my Kindle in the morning at breakfast or on the train and its there to hand. I do not need to deal with using two hands or folding the newspaper to read and turn pages. The indexing of the articles means I can jump to Markets or UK Companies. The search function is also useful. If I know something is going on at a particular company I can perform a search of the current issue and it will take me directly to the article(s).
The Kindle is also easier on the eyes than the FT coloured hardcopy.

Cons:
You don't get market tables. However that is not a problem for me as I can look at it on the office newspaper copy and if there is a significant movement of note, it would likey be covered by an article anyway.

Also there are no adverts which means you can miss out on important notices, but for the convenience Kindle subscription brings thats a minor trade off.

Overal I'm happy with the product and at > £1 per issue I will definitely be keeping the subscription when the trial offer is over.