Profile for D. Jenkins > Reviews

D. Jenkins "DJ"

Love Remains the Same
Love Remains the Same

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute gem of an album, 25 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Love Remains the Same (Audio CD)
As I write this review, the amazon bestselling ranking is somewhere south of 11,000.

Excellent, only a few mortals will ever know what the rest are missing and I can be smug in my knowledge that I have found something that the rest of world (except Finland) will never hear. The music is vibrant, exciting and lyrical. It rocks, it has harmony, it has passion, it takes its time. It has suspense and glorious moments where the music takes off in other directions and to another level. All the tracks stand out.

I have tried to compare it with other bands from the past, but I cannot pigeonhole the sound. I'll leave that for others to do but this is a record for the modern age and does not hark back to old sounds.

Fans of Be Bop Deluxe, Rush, Blondie, Ayreon, Led Zeppelin and any other band that can mix harmonies and melody with quick rocking rhythms will enjoy this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2013 7:47 PM GMT

HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One CB584A#BEK
HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One CB584A#BEK

1.0 out of 5 stars HP Fail Again, 28 Oct. 2008
This was the second HP printer I had which has now failed after six or so months use. In both cases it appears that using non-HP ink cartridges had caused the failure. I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices charged for their ink cartridges and will continue to search for a printer make that is robust enough (honest enough?) to allow generic cartidges to be used.

I will not buy HP again and strongly recommend everyone else do likewise.

One star is too much.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2013 12:59 PM GMT