Profile for Bookworm > Reviews

Sport DirectTM Bicycle child Girls Kids Pink Bell
Sport DirectTM Bicycle child Girls Kids Pink Bell
Offered by BFC

5.0 out of 5 stars Ding-a-ling!, 22 Aug. 2017
Super little bell which attaches very easily to handlebar of either bike or scooter. Has a very clear ring & is easy for little fingers to operate. My granddaughter loves it.

I See You
I See You

5.0 out of 5 stars More please Clare Mackintosh!, 29 Jun. 2017
This review is from: I See You (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book so much, couldn't wait to get to the end but at the same time didn't want to stop reading it as I found it so absorbing. Like others I got hooked with the previous book "I let you go" so was really looking forward to reading the next from Clare Mackintosh & now I will eagerly await any future offerings. As previously reported the action all takes place in London, most particularly centred on "victims" daily commute on the Underground. It is supposed to be fiction so it doesn't matter to me whether or not the plot is believable because the characters all have back stories which makes the book interesting. The writing is well paced and makes for comfortable reading and keeps the reader absorbed. Towards the end I had a few theories about the perpetrator so wasn't totally surprised to learn who it was. However I loved the final twist on the last page, it made me smile. Suggest you are not tempted to look at that before you start reading as it would completely spoil the whole book! I would say that this is one of the best books I have read this year so highly recommend.

20 Bar Wooden Tie Hanger, Coat Scarfs & Belt Rack Mens Organiser (1 Hangers)
20 Bar Wooden Tie Hanger, Coat Scarfs & Belt Rack Mens Organiser (1 Hangers)
Offered by The Hanger Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stocking filler, 7 Dec. 2016
Is exactly as pictured and described & entirely suitable for the storage of ties, which is what I bought it for, as a present. Wouldn't think so good for scarves though as spaces are quite narrow. The quality is good and the bargain price & free postage very attractive. Package arrived on promised day, delivered by Royal Mail & fitted through letter box so no need to wait in.

Alcatel Pop 4 (5.0) - New Flip Wallet Book [Stand View] Premium Leather Case Cover + Free Screen Protector With Microfibre Polishing Cloth (Alcatel POP 4, Red)
Offered by Pooni

4.0 out of 5 stars Red leather phone wallet, 23 Nov. 2016
Really happy with this purchase, it fits the phone well & holds it securely in place. The first one I received had a little kink in the rubber holder making it stretched & so not a good fit but the seller quickly sent a replacement which arrived the following day. As others have pointed out the thickness of the holder over the buttons on the side of the phone makes it a little harder to press these but it's a minor irritation. Overall it's a good quality product and has a nice leather feel to it. There is a full length side pocket & 2 card size slots on the inside of the cover & it came supplied with a screen protector & stylus. Top rated seller, free postage & bargain price, what more could you ask for? I would recommend.

Meduim Round Embellishment Acrylic Mirror Art Craft School Project Decoration for Living room, Doors, Window, Bathroom, Fridge
Offered by Mirrors-Interiors

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution, 28 Dec. 2015
Was looking for something to stick on the bathroom wall so that I could attach a suction type toilet roll holder. Previously we had attached a conventional fitting with screws & rawlplugs but this had worked loose & damaged the plaster leaving an unsightly hole. This stick on shiny mirror has served a dual purpose now by covering the hole & providing the perfect matching surround & base for the suction to grip. The mirror advertised was slightly too small but when I contacted Mirrors-Interiors about different sizes they replied the same day & offered just exactly what I needed. Am very happy with the result, a problem solved! Excellent service from Mirrors-Interiors.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for a genuine Braun toothbrush then give ..., 26 Oct. 2014
If you're looking for a genuine Braun toothbrush then give this a miss. Having said that it is compatible with both our 1000 series Braun electric toothbrushes and for the price I paid I'm not complaining. I have given 3 stars because they are ok but of substandard quality & appearance compared to the Braun product. Not sure how long each will last but next time I will probably shop around and look for an offer on the genuine replacements.

Genuine Flymo 33 cm Metal Lawnmower Blade FLY030
Genuine Flymo 33 cm Metal Lawnmower Blade FLY030

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to recommend, 26 Oct. 2014
This item was quickly despatched and securely packaged, delivered by Royal Mail. It appears to be a genuine Flymo part as advertised and fits perfectly to our pac-a-mow rotary mower. Very competitively priced and worth it for the improvement it has made to cutting the grass. Happy to recommend.

The Detective's Daughter
The Detective's Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't give up too soon!, 2 Feb. 2014
After I had started reading this I looked back at some of the reviews and realised that like me others had struggled to get into the story. It goes against the grain to give up on a book so I persisted but I do understand why some people said they had abandoned it early on. Eventually I began to make sense of it and became hooked on the characters Stella & Jack. The story is long and fairly complicated but it is definitely worth reading to the end. The more the mystery unravels the more the reader can make sense of all the clues that have been given and it does turn out to be a book you can't put down. I was intending to award 3 stars but on reflection think it deserves 4. My advice is stick with it as it has a satisfactory conclusion!

[2 Pack] TECHGEAR® Amazon Kindle Fire 7" (2nd Gen/2012 Edition) ANTI GLARE / MATTE LCD Screen Protector Guards With Cleaning Cloth + Application Card (NOT FOR ANY KINDLE FIRE HD OR HDX TABLETS!
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Remedy, 18 Dec. 2013
In common with many others I found it impossible to read books on my Kindle Fire when on holiday in bright sunshine. As this was the main reason I took it away with me & to avoid taking several paperbacks in my suitcase I was greatly disappointed. I have even contemplated purchasing an additional Kindle e reader before my next holiday to save this happening again. (Still may do as there would be other advantages including longer battery life and a lighter device). However before I go to that expense I thought I'd give one these anti glare matte screen protectors a go. I found it simple to apply and the effect is a great improvement. There is a little difference with the sensitivity of the touch screen but it's not significant. Haven't yet had the opportunity to test reading in sunshine but have noticed the reduction in glare on the screen in a brightly lit room so fingers crossed it will do the trick. Other people have commented that it is necessary to increase the brightness setting on the device when reading in sunlight but since this will use more battery life I am hoping that won't be necessary. I would definitely recommend this product as the expense is minimal & it genuinely does do what it says.

Keeping Secrets
Keeping Secrets

3.0 out of 5 stars Only ok for me, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Keeping Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Was a bit disappointed as it seemed to come to a rather abrupt end. It was well written and the characters were believable. The fact that the story was set in the 80's added a bit of nostalgia and also made the reader have to appreciate the differences between having a baby then and the way things are now. I enjoyed the content and the story telling but still felt it ended without a satisfactory conclusion. Sorry didn't feel it deserved any more stars!

Page: 1 | 2