Profile for LovingBooks > Reviews

Too Nice for Your Own Good: How to Stop Making 9 Self-Sabotaging Mistakes
Too Nice for Your Own Good: How to Stop Making 9 Self-Sabotaging Mistakes
by Duke Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book! Definitely worth reading., 2 May 2012
Being a nice and generous person is universally a beautiful thing but unfortunately it does not always pay off in our society. People easily abuse, take advantage or even often do not take you serious. This is very sad but unfortunately part of reality. This book does not tell you to be a bad person or to completely change the way you are towards other people, it simply does underline certain self destructive insecurities, beliefs and attitudes which so called nice people often carry within them. It is well written and illuminates psychological conflicts that nice people often struggle with. Rather than giving the advise to completely change, this book successfully transfers the meaning that being nice and good is a beautiful characteristic but it has to be in the right context and it has to be within certain limitations so that the nice person does not destruct himself but can respect and understand himself in a better way. It tells you to know when it is right to be nice and when not because in the long run, if you merely comfort others than yourself than you will be deeply unsatisfied and this will lead to a chain of unhappy events for you and the people around you.

Death Becomes Her [DVD] [1992]
Death Becomes Her [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, it is a classic! A MUST WATCH movie., 21 April 2012
What an amazing movie. Was looking for it for a while now and finally found it. Good standard delivery and the quality is agreeable for the price and the 'age' of the movie. A classic movie which to my mind should be highly valued as there is an important message. It reflects the money making Hollywood giant and the media for which the majority of our society is falling for or naively believing, trying to conform beauty standards and a certain way of materialistic life. It brings the message across that beauty should be seen in a holistic way and that a life without morals and ethics is sad and senseless. This movie should be used for educational purposes, showing that the beauty industry is to be considered with caution. At the same time it is a lot of fun watching it as there is 'black humour' involved and the actors are just incredible. Especially Meryl Streep who is doing an outstanding performance, funny and convincing. She is one of the best actors of all times and has yet again has proven it in this movie.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money!, 21 April 2012
I would give it NO STAR if I could. I bought this product hoping that it will be practical and of good quality. Unfortunately, only 2 months of using it (merely a few hours a day), it started to make my hand very tired and my mood miserable! The quality is so poor that after 2 months I had to click many times until a move was made and I needed to click with force! The only good thing is the size but that is all about it. Awful.

How to be assertive in any situation
How to be assertive in any situation
by Sue Hadfield

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret reading it! It is my new little friend., 21 April 2012
Great book, would definitely recommend it! Well written and illuminating in many ways! The author explains things using psychology which is great.

Language and Creativity: The Art of Common Talk (Routledge Linguistics Classics)
by Ronald Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Could hardly let my hands off this book, 20 Jan. 2012
I bought this book as part of my studies and I find it superb. I could hardly let my hands off this book as it reads fluently and it is very well explained. The arguments are convincing as evidence, logic and sense is given rather than just trying to persuade you with a lot of 'blah blah blah' into thinking what the writer wants, which is the case with some other books.

The writer enabled me to think critically and to see linguistic in different dimensions. Every time I read the book and I was in public for example, I started observing the people around me at the same time and everything made much more sense what I heard or saw in social life. The book is scientific and science in general also helps to understand why we are what we are in a social context. The book helped me also personally as I was able to travel/think back into my past and understand things better, relate things better and to understand myself better in the whole social context. Knowing more about linguistics enables you to understand people more and characters as well as why you have said yourself particular things.

The book made me understand the meaning of creativity in everyday language and I referred a lot to this book in my assignments. I immersed in this book and broadened my knowledge and horizon. The only thing I would say is that there is some repetition but this is not negative as it helps to memorize and manifest the knowledge in your mind and there is always relation.

So, everyone who is into linguistics, you should definitely get this superb book.

Thanks

TP-LINK TL-WN821N 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WN821N 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved my issue, 20 Jan. 2012
This product is great! For mysterious reasons (my laptop is fine), I had an unsolved and weird technical problem (which could be caused by Vista but not sure) to connect to the internet with my laptop and thanks to this little but efficient device I am gratefully connected again. Thanks!

Regional Innovation Performance in the European Union: Convergence or Divergence?
by Thanos Fragkandreas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Nov. 2011
I am usually not writing reviews, but thought to do one on this book. This is an excellent book which is well written and challenging. It helped me for my studies and I would recommend it to everybody who has an interest in this subject. It is well explained and the thoughts in the book differ from many other books I have read (and I have read loads). It just makes you think from a different angle, from different perspectives. The author has done an outstanding job.