Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for cpt_saturn > Reviews

Content by cpt_saturn

A Man About a Horse
A Man About a Horse

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old Tibbetts!, 30 Sept. 2002
This review is from: A Man About a Horse (Audio CD)
So, this is Steve Tibbetts first record in quite some time. And apparently the years gone by from his last record "Å" have been good for him! This is the best he has done for many years.
On this record he goes back to the sound he had in the eighties, I think. The music here reminds me of the music on "Big map idea" (a must-have for Tibbetts fans). Now, this doesn't say much if you haven't heard that record before. So let me try to describe the music on "A man about a horse": Steve plays the guitar in a quite laidback way. The electric guitar appears here and there but not in such an aggressive way as on other records he has made. As usual Marc Anderson plays the percussion, and also as usual the tabla is frequently used. The whole atmosphere on the record is very relaxing and laidback. There are some exceptions to this, but overall a very relaxing sound.
If you have heard Steve Tibbetts before you will no doubt recognize the music on "A man about a horse". My opinion is that he has been lost for some time in musical experiments but now have found his way home again. Welcome back!

Days Of Future Passed
Days Of Future Passed
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 25 Jun. 2002
This review is from: Days Of Future Passed (Audio CD)
This album is one of my all time favourites - no doubt. The beautiful mix of classical music and electric instruments is superb. When the electric instruments in a song takes over from the classical instruments it's so beautiful done that it's almost hard to be aware of when it happens.
"Tuesday afternoon" and "Nights in white satin" are two classic songs. But the rest of the songs are also very, very good. This was the first Moody blues album I bought and it's still my favourite. I listen to it often is fascinated every time how good it is and how well written the songs are.
I usually don't write this positive about an album as I don't want to be seen as an immature, fanatical fan. But with this album I can't help it. This CD is on my top 5 album of all times!

Beyond Life With Timothy Leary
Beyond Life With Timothy Leary
Offered by WORLD WIDE MEDIA MARKET (12-24 Days for Delivery from California)

4.0 out of 5 stars The best CD with Timothy, 14 Jun. 2002
The first time I heard this record I didn't think much of the music, in fact I thought it was quite boring. Of course it's always interesting to hear Timothys words, but the music itself didn't impress me. But as it often is - after a few listenings the record grew. Nowdays it's often in my stereo creating beautiful sounds.
The record has a modern sound/production. Timothy has been around since the 50s but this CD is recorded in the 90s. Most of the songs contain Timothy speaking with a landscape of electronic sounds with it. A lot of Timothys words on the record is about death and how to die. The songs could be described as experimental but they are easily gripped. It's not a record that contains "difficult" music. It even got an early Moody Blues song in it!
Overall it's a quite laidback record, quite "dark" in its sound.
I recommend this record. It has some very beautiful creations on it and it's always interesting to hear what Timothy has to tell us.