Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Teach Yourself Irish New Edition (Teach Yourself Complete Courses)
Teach Yourself Irish New Edition (Teach Yourself Complete Courses)
by Diarmuid O Se

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful book, 9 Nov. 2015
I am relearning Irish and having looked at another student's copy of this book I decided it would be very useful.
The copy I chose is second hand and I was delighted with its condition. It has a very faint tinge of yellow as if it had been put away for some time but otherwise it's really clean and what a saving as the latest edition is very expensive. There is no CD with my copy so it might not be suitable for a beginner

The explanations are clear and there are many exercises, with answers, to check understanding. I have only covered a few units but I am finding it easy to follow.

I recommend this book especially for those returning to learning Irish.

Field of Blood
Field of Blood

2.0 out of 5 stars I read 'Harry's Game' some time ago and really enjoyed it. From the same author, 24 April 2015
This review is from: Field of Blood (Kindle Edition)
I read 'Harry's Game' some time ago and really enjoyed it. From the same author, I expected a similar standard of writing.

The subject matter of the supergrasses in Northern Ireland formed the basis for a clever story. There are many twists and turns in this absorbing book so why am I giving it two stars? Simple - the language is atrocious; I doubt that there is a page on which the f word is not used; Jesus and Christ are used in a most disrespectful manner. Contrary to the argument that I often hear, it is possible to paint the personalities of supergrasses, police and army without employing the language which predominates. Leaving aside the offensive nature, the writing becomes boring. What a pity Mr Seymour that you spoiled this book.

I will not buy another book by this auhor.

Speak Irish Now (Irish Edition)
Speak Irish Now (Irish Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful aid, 25 Feb. 2014
I bought this book for my Kindle as I am attending Irish classes to relearn the Irish language.

It is an advantage to have previous knowledge as beginners find Irish really difficult. The most common problem is that the written word and pronunciation do not appear to match. This is where "Speak Irish Now" is so helpful; phonetics are included for all words. The lessons are short so it is possible to fit one in to a busy day. In each new lesson the previous material is repeated.

I recommend this book for beginners and returners.

Tisserand Lavender Blend Daily Body Lotion 200ml
Tisserand Lavender Blend Daily Body Lotion 200ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Many good qualities, 30 Sept. 2013
This is a smoothing and non sticky product that sinks into the skin. My previous body lotion, bought in a supermarket, was horribly sticky and ended up in the bin so buying cheaper doesn't always pay off.

I have reservations about the smell of it, as initially, on use, there is a very strong burst of lavender but after a few minutes I cannot detect it on my skin. Yes, a little puzzling and my reason for giving four stars instead of five.

3 Pairs Ladies Black Magic Fingerless Gloves One Size
3 Pairs Ladies Black Magic Fingerless Gloves One Size
Offered by CLASSIQUE FASHIONS

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 30 Sept. 2013
I bought these gloves because my hands suffered so much during the last harsh winter.

They are soft and suitable for different sizes of hands; I gave a pair to my husband and another to my daughter-in-law and although their hands are larger than mine, the gloves stretched well to fit them.

The price is great so I am interested to see how long they will last.

These arrived very quickly.

The Complete Little Women Series: Little Women, Good Wives, Little Men, Jo's Boys (4 books in one)

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 14 July 2013
This is the first book that I bought for my new Kindle; I did so for sentimental reasons, but fully aware that can result in disappointment. Happily not so! I am thoroughly enjoying 'Little Women'. It is refreshing in it's innocence and is a welcome relief from many modern novels that contain so much violence and bad language.

Great value for money.

TeckNet@ Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover/Case With 2 Kindle Screen Protectors & Built-in Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature - Dark Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars First class, 2 July 2013
When I bought a Kindle recently, my son recommended this case.

I am so pleased with it. There is great protection for the Kindle; it is very easy to fit; feels comfortable and soft; good value for money; what a lovely colour i.e. the dark blue!

I can say no more!

Highly recommended.

Yes Nurse Protect Your Lovely Hands 50ml
Yes Nurse Protect Your Lovely Hands 50ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the average, 2 July 2013
My hands really suffered during our long cold winter; a combination of low temperatures, too hot water and anti-bacterial soaps left them very dry and cracked.

I have tried numerous creams with little improvement but I feel that 'Yes Nurse' has made a difference. Having used most of a tube, my hands are more hydrated and feel softer.

This product has a lovely, subtle scent and is absorbed almost instantly; there is no sticky residue.

I don't agree with the 'pea-size amount' - hence the four stars.

Perhaps this cream could be available in a larger size. I would ask that consideration is given to producing soap and body lotion in this range.

I recommend this product.

Womens wool socks, 3-5 UK, 3 Pairs of beautifully Soft, Charcoal, Chocolate & Caramel, 10% Alpaca wool socks

2.0 out of 5 stars Not soft, 21 Feb. 2013
I have considerable difficulty finding socks that fit well, as many start at size 4 and they are just too large for my 3 1/2 size feet. It was wonderful to see that this supplier was providing my correct size.

Unfortunately, I have struggled to award even 2 stars for the following reasons:

the socks are certainly not 'beautifully soft'; the adjective hard is more appropriate.

there are nasty rough seams at the toes.

threads have not been tidied.

they are quite wide so do not give a comfortable fit.

In trying to find something positive to say, the colours are okay and they are fairly warm.

Very disappointing!

National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books)
National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books)
by Catherine D. Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful book, 23 Jan. 2013
I bought this book for my 5 year old grandson as part of his Christmas present. He asks many difficult questions e.g. what was there before light and dark?

It is a hardback with the most attractive pictures and laid out in a child friendly format. Great value for money!

Maybe a child's book, but adults could benefit from buying it. I must get a copy!

Highly recommended.