Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Iain jackson > Reviews

Content by Iain jackson

Iain jackson (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Ashbury AB-48 Ukulele Banjo
Ashbury AB-48 Ukulele Banjo

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out nice again: an excellent instrument if you're sick of the wimpy sounds of the Ukulele, 20 Sept. 2016
This is an excellent musical instrument. Upon arrival, detach the back of the drum and tighten everything up - it takes 2 minutes. Keep tuning the strings as they stretch, or replace with something better!
The sound quality is great and it is very loud indeed, but not 'tin' sounding at all.
They are expensive, so you may prefer to invest in a nice Uke, but I don't regret getting a Banjo-Uke, much more fun and more folky sounding. Perfect too for the Irish drinking song get-togethers, if that's your thing.

My Little Pony Party Plates 8pk
My Little Pony Party Plates 8pk
Offered by Party Showroom

5.0 out of 5 stars My little pony skinny and boney, down in the stable, drinking Black Label....., 20 Sept. 2016
Perfect for a Pony Party and budding bronies. Sturdy enough to cope with pizza, nuggets and chips. We had fund squirting tomatoe sauce at the ponies.
They need to be 20% cooler.

Camelbak Products Groove Water Bottle, Berry
Camelbak Products Groove Water Bottle, Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't get the hump with your water bottle, get a Camelbak [sorry....], 20 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Camelbak Groove Bottle (Sports)
This is an excellent water bottle. It DOES NOT LEAK. It takes a bit of getting used to biting the teat, as it were, but once you've over come that it flows very well. The filters seem to work pretty well and it is large enough to carry enough water after a training session without being bulky and heavy. The nozzle lies flat and the carry handle is useful too - it can be attached to rucksacks, buggies etc.

ALTURA 2012 Classic Race Short Sleeve Jersey, Red, M
ALTURA 2012 Classic Race Short Sleeve Jersey, Red, M

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to ride my bicycle., 20 Sept. 2016
Very nice quality, classic design. I wear this for commuting so it gets a bashing in all weathers. Can't fault it. Large rear pockets to keep the phone, wallet and keys safe. Zipper allows a bit of ventilation in the summer. I'm going to get another one before they all go...

Mahalo Soprano Ukulele with Bag - Pink
Mahalo Soprano Ukulele with Bag - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out nice again / In the Pink, 20 Sept. 2016
A surprisingly good Uke. The strings stretch a lot, but don't despair - keep tuning and tuning and eventually they will settle down. My little girl loves it and has picked up the chords very quickly. The carry case is also useful for keeping the dust out etc.
At this price it is a bargain.

Tiger Orchestral Sheet Music Stand with Height and Angle Adjustment
Tiger Orchestral Sheet Music Stand with Height and Angle Adjustment

5.0 out of 5 stars Why make a stand, buy one of these, 20 Sept. 2016
An excellent music stand. Fully adjustable so can be used sat at the keyboard or stood up for vocals. The large head also tilts and I sometimes put my laptop on there with no concerns over stability.
It is light to carry to gigs and can easily hold an A4 ring binder of songs should you need it to.
Don't bother with the cheaper versions, stick with Tiger I say.

Gator ATA Molded PE Case w/ TSA Latches with Wheels for 88-Note Keyboards
Gator ATA Molded PE Case w/ TSA Latches with Wheels for 88-Note Keyboards

4.0 out of 5 stars Always protect your organ, 20 Sept. 2016
This thing is massive and heavy. It will protect your Roland RD800 very well. I use it to transport my keyboard to and from gigs - for rehearsals though it seems a bit cumbersome and there is a temptation to just shove the keyboard into the back of the car rather than lug the keyboard and the case around. You will need a large car to fit it in. In terms of protection it is very good - lots of padding and spongy bits to cushion your precious organ.
It you don't need such extreme protection then consider getting a soft case perhaps?

iPhone 6s Case, Anker Ultra Protective Case With Built-in Clear Screen Protector for iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s (4.7 inch) Drop-Tested, Dust Proof Design (Black/Grey)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't make it snappy, 20 Sept. 2016
Easy to fit, unobtrusive and tough quality. I dropped my phone and it didn't break. I put my phone into tight jeans and it doesn't snap. I put my phone into my cycling jersey back pocket and it is not damaged or 'sweaty' afterwards. All in all a very good product and costs less than replacing a cracked screen

Bialetti Venus Induction Espresso Maker 6 Cup
Bialetti Venus Induction Espresso Maker 6 Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Induction Bialetti? Perfecto., 20 Sept. 2016
I admit I was worried. I've used my aluminum 9 cup bialetti coffee machine for 13 years now [yes I've replaced bits over it during that time] and it still brings me a delicious coffee every morning.... but then suddenly we replaced our oven hob for an induction version, and my bialetti would no longer work, so I replaced it with this version. I did one coffee and discarded as suggested and then immediately did another to taste. The quality is perfect, it is much quicker on the induction hob than a gas hob and I think it will also be easier to keep clean than the trad version.
I don't like the look of it as much, and will certainly miss the octagonal form, but ultimately, it is the drink that matters.
If you have just got an induction hob then get one of these things - don't blow a couple of hundred quid on a George Clooney nespresso thingy.... they're no where near as good.... ciao.

History's Daybook: A History of the World in 366 Quotations
History's Daybook: A History of the World in 366 Quotations
by Peter Furtado

5.0 out of 5 stars you can quote me, 6 April 2012
An interesting idea; combining a calender with key events and associated quotations. I quite enjoy looking up today's date and then finding out what happened on that day. But, rather than just reading a historian's interpretation of the event, you get a quotation. The book covers a broad spectrum of events as well as historical periods. It would make a good present or general volume for a personal library

Page: 1 | 2