Profile for Amelia Wilson > Reviews

Content by Amelia Wilson

Amelia Wilson "Amazon junkie" (London, UK)

The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great, unique and strangely believable story - couldn't put it down, 24 April 2015
I really enjoyed this book which was like nothing I've ever read before. Well written, great story, so imaginative. Loved it and will be recommending it to my book club

The Last 10 Seconds: (Tina Boyd 5)
The Last 10 Seconds: (Tina Boyd 5)
by Simon Kernick

5.0 out of 5 stars another good read from Mr Kernick, 28 Mar. 2010
As always another great crime read from Simon Kernick. Couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the next.

Marathon!: You Can Do It!
Marathon!: You Can Do It!
by Jeff Galloway

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read for marathon beginners, 28 Mar. 2010
I'm doing my first marathon this year and a friend recommended I read one of Jeff Galloways books. Overall I found this very useful. I skipped the chapters on motivation as I'm not lacking in that area but I found the information on diet, running techniques and the programmes very useful. I've tried his walk break technique and plan to use it in the marathon.

Blue Ocean Strategy: How To Create Uncontested Market Space And Make The Competition Irrelevant
by W. Chan Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Ocean Strategy, 4 Oct. 2009
I bought this book as some of my international colleagues had raved about it. Having now read the book I can see why. I loved the way it flips traditional thinking on its head, and it included some great examples and was a really easy read. It says something when I chose to read it on holiday rather than the latest Dan Brown.

Funky Business (Financial Times Series)
Funky Business (Financial Times Series)
by Kjell Nordstrom

3.0 out of 5 stars Funky business is fun but not particularly enlightening, 4 Oct. 2009
This book was recommended to me by a colleague when we were discussing Blue Ocean Strategy. Unlike most business books its quite an easy read and has some witty and amusing observations and comparisons but there's nothing ground breaking in it. It talks a lot about how funky the world now is and why but not what you should do to get ahead in it. Worth a read though just as a break from heavier stuff. I think the writers probably had a lot of fun writing it.