Profile for JoJo > Reviews

Content by JoJo

JoJo

The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ramin Karimloo

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 30 Oct. 2012
This concert is, in a word, amazing. Having seen the production at Her Majesty's I wondered how they would be able to do it justice at the RAH. I loved the use of the screen, and the slight changes made to allow them to actually put on a show (as opposed to say, the Les Mis Anniversary show with the performers just standing singing, which I found boring). Before watching this, John Owen-Jones was the only Phantom for me, but Ramin Karimloo is fantastic. His voice is beautiful, and the acting superb. Sierra Boggess also has a beautiful voice. Contrary to some other reviewers who felt the finale went on too long, I enjoyed it. I was particularly pleased that Michael Crawford didn't sing, as I'm really not a fan. Shame the same couldn't be said of Sarah Brightman. I have the original cast recording and rarely listen to it, as I just do not like their voices at all. I look forward to seeing what celebrations await us for the 30th anniversary!

Cake Decorating at Home
Cake Decorating at Home
by Zoe Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, 4 Mar. 2011
I have quite a collection of cake decorating books now, but this has quickly become my favourite. All of the designs are beautiful, contemporary, and easily adaptable. I love the fact that every main cake has little cupcakes or cookies to go with it. The instructions are clear and concise, and I've found them very easy to follow. I have been making cakes for about a year, but I think this would be good for complete beginners too. The equipment lists are good; not too over the top, or too basic.
The first cake I made from this book was the daisy cake from the front cover and it looked absolutely stunning! I'm planning on attempting every cake from this book at some point, and that is something I've never been able to say about any other cake book I've bought.

20 To Make: Sugar Animals (Twenty to Make)
20 To Make: Sugar Animals (Twenty to Make)
by Frances McNaughton

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 19 Nov. 2010
This is an absolutely lovely little book. I ordered it to assist me in making a first birthday cake for a friend's daughter. I do have some experience with cake decorating, but it's always nice to gather extra hints, tips and inspiration! This book is great for beginners, it keeps the figures nice and simple, with a few more complicated ones if you're feeling particularly brave. One thing I particularly liked about this book is the list of equipment required at the beginning of the book...it was very basic. There are far too many modelling/decorating books around claiming to be aimed at beginners, with an 'essential' equipment list as long as your arm!