Profile for James > Reviews

Content by James

James "Bazzatron" (Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Madingley Hall DAB/DAB+ Bedside Digital FM Radio Alarm Clock - 2 USB Charging Ports - Mains Powered (Black)
Offered by iZilla

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product. Returned., 23 Aug. 2017
Uncertain if the product is misadvetised or was mislabelled, but I recieved an FM radio, not DAB. Display was significantly lower quality than depicted. Never bothered to tune it or get an idea of sound quality. Returned.

Revoltech No. 58 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Fulldrillized Action Figure
Revoltech No. 58 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Fulldrillized Action Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars The figure that will pierce the heavens!, 28 Feb. 2013
This is a gorgeous figure. NOT something to be played with.

Wouldn't recommend wearing the large drill piece as a necklace as it's somewhat fragile (not break, just come apart, as it's two pieces)

Looks great on my shelf, and gives me a nice reminder of a beautiful story.

Truly the figure that will pierce the heavens.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a pen, what more do you want?, 28 Feb. 2013
Sturdy construction, feels really solid.
I found that as a lefty I needed to adopt a more upright writing grip, as angles that are a little flatter don't work as well with this (Bic pens allowed me to write with a very slanted grip)

it's lasted for ages and looks fantastic.
would recommend as an entry level pen (so if you're used to disposable pens, this'll feel great, can't speak for the pen connoisseur though!)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia value for me, 28 Feb. 2013
I had one of these when I was a kid, found it by chance and ordered it.
Still feels nice and sturdy, and is one of the few toy guns I've ever owned that is able to spin around a finger and come back into a natural grip.

Wouldn't recommend it for using in Nerf style wars, as the bullets pack a little more of a sting and would probably mess up an eye if shot there.

but for knocking down paper targets and just fiddling with, it's a nice piece :)

Dremel Plunge Router Attachment
Dremel Plunge Router Attachment

4.0 out of 5 stars Hobbyist router at a fraction of the price., 28 Feb. 2013
I bought this product against some of the reviews on here, and I have to say, I've not been disappointed.

I've an old 250 dremel tool and I wanted to just make some small grooves in a sheet of MDF, rather than spending £60 on a purpose built router I thought I'd just grab this attachment, and see how it fared.

Now I'm using this tool for mainly inlay type work where I need a smaller, lighter tool, and I found this to be perfect for that, and having used my fathers router for some larger work too, I think I can give some sort of impression to you about the differences:

The Dremel router is fine for small pieces, I've found that the small bits can heat up rather quickly, so if you're thinking of doing a larger project where you;ll need more than 15 minutes of use at a time, this is probably not going to cut it (no pun intended)
But if you can stand to stop every once in a while to stop the bits burning out, this tool will offer you a good mobility and very fine lateral control.
The base is large and smooth enough to glide over a (tacked on with spray adhesive!) paper template without tearing it up like my larger router did.

I will note that this router attachment has a little bit more vertical play than a "proper" router, as the locks that hold the vertical position are made of plastic, the application of pressure can cause these to compress slightly, so I've noticed some of my groves are <1mm deeper in some spots - whilst noticeable, it is only barely.

The user guide for the setup is a little complex I found, with all of the instructions give via images, and the labels for the images (like a key) is given on the next page, so there was a lot of flicking back and fourth (I just ended up writing them on the images)

If you're actual dremel is like mine, with vents to the top (rear) of it, you might notice some sparking coming from within the tool - they won't actually jump out at you, but because this is not typically how you look at your dremel, they'll be more noticeable - this is completely normal, as any rotary tool using a motor with brushes does this. So don't worry about that :)

Overall I'd say this tool would be great for a hobbyist, small to medium sized works, but you're not going to be able to easily or quickly something larger than a cabinet door (~2ft square)

Also you are not going to be able to use complex routing bits, such as the ones with ball-bearings that cut more than one type of shape at once.

I didn't regret this purchase, I still use a proper router for larger projects, but this offers me the unparalleled ability to get in for small detailed work without ripping tiny pieces of wood out and sparing me some chisel work :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2013 1:58 AM GMT

Moon and Blood vol.1 (Manga)
Moon and Blood vol.1 (Manga)

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not read entire manga, 22 Jan. 2012
Hi there, if you're reading this, you're probably wondering the same thing I was - "Can I really put Manga on my Kindle?"
The short answer: Yes!
The longer one: Not through the amazon store, yet at least!
The sample will demonstrate it clearly for you, there is a massive border (okay, about 8mm) all the way around the pages, and you can't easily zoom in or change the text size, other methods such as "otamangle" or "mangle" are a better solution currently, as you can maximise the screen use and really get the most out of your kindle

My advice - read the sample, but as I didn't read the whole book, I'm really more reviewing the display ability of purchased manga vs. scanlations etc.

I hope you get to reading manga one way or another, it's totally do-able, and highly enjoyable ^_^

piece out otaku brethren.

Philips HQ110 Shaving Head Cleaning Spray
Philips HQ110 Shaving Head Cleaning Spray

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 26 Oct. 2011
My shaver probably needs replacing, but I thought I'd try this to see if I could squeeze a little more life out of it - just shaved a moment ago and it cut a LOT smoother, I gave it the whole disassemble deep clean and then applied this to the blades and the covers whilst out of the head, dries on its own I wiped the excess off afterwards.
I'd recommend this wholly - and I'd probably go as far as suggesting that it's suitable for any shaver - but I guess that's up to you :)

Pair of Japanese Chopsticks - Chinese Designs
Pair of Japanese Chopsticks - Chinese Designs
Offered by Got-Bonsai?

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 26 Oct. 2011
Beautiful chopsticks, tapered to a point (not sharp in ANY way) rather than like the flat disposable ones or the plastic ones that I see so often.
They look great and they are really smooth, they have a coated finish so its not just the raw wood (Lacquered I think is the right term) however the designs on one of my pairs faded (looks scratched to me) after I washed them in hot water (it was close to boiling as I forgot to put the cold tap on!) but the other two pairs (I ordered three - none came that were the same, I got the ones pictured) have stood up to washing in normal water (still hot, just not AS hot - so I wonder if that is the cause)

but yeah - these are the finest "cheap" pair of chopsticks I've ever owned or used, I'd have another set in a heartbeat!

Philips mens shaver replacement power lead/charger - Quadra/Sensotec/Speed XL/Smart Touch/Arcitec
Offered by SussexSpares

5.0 out of 5 stars functional, 26 Oct. 2011
What can I say, I bought it for my "SmartTouch-XL" and it charged it just fine, the cable is of sufficient length to go from my bathroom light plug socket to the stand where the sink is, and from my wall adapter to my desk, it looks of a far higher quality than pictured (the image looks a bit orange and a bit knock off in my opinion)
Everything went better than expected!

Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy
Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Aurgasm!, 26 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
I've had this disc a while now, beautiful soundtrack to listen to, and I found it a real help getting through my coursework in college, as the tracks are quite powerful and "heavy" without any lyrics to drag your concentration away from what your supposed to be doing.
The poster has accompanied me to university and was the first thing I put on my wall, the corners are a little worse for wear after a few moves, but the glow in the dark effects are spot on!
Viva le Daft Punk!