Profile for fiddlur > Reviews

Iceking RL111AP2 92L White Larder Fridge
Iceking RL111AP2 92L White Larder Fridge
Offered by Electrical Appliance Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars good fridge, 21 Mar. 2016
Nice-looking fridge, very quiet, very cool. Perfect.

Benetech GM550 Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer
Benetech GM550 Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer
Offered by Storage Depot Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny gadget, 9 Mar. 2015
I bought it for fun and it is fun. I spent a few minutes measuring around the room. I was interested to find that the outside wall was cooler than the others and I found a real use within minutes, the temperature of the top of our Aga which had scorched something left on it. So I am pleased that I have it, although I have nothing planned for it. I offered to measure the outside temperature of a joint my wife was cooking, but usually it is the inside temp you need. Thoroughly recommended, and occasionally essential, but always fun.

The Bride of Science : Romance, Reason and Byron's Daughter
The Bride of Science : Romance, Reason and Byron's Daughter
by Benjamin Woolley

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent biography of Ada Lovelace's scientific work., 21 Nov. 2014
The book deals mainly with Ada's scientific interests and the Victorian scientists she met and worked with and all of this was very interesting to me Also her relationship with Lord Byron which goes from being estranged to remarkably close, which I found interesting. Early in the book time is spent describing her life in high society, which is necessary for a proper understanding of her life, but which I found tedious. I almost put the book down, but I am very glad I persevered as the majority of the book was fascinating.

My copy of the book was second-hand and the early pages were thumbed, but the greater part of the book seemed to be unopened, so maybe the first owner also had problems with the nobility.

niceeshop 18 Sizes 36cm Bamboo Knitting Needles Single Pointed Sizes 2.0-10.0mm
niceeshop 18 Sizes 36cm Bamboo Knitting Needles Single Pointed Sizes 2.0-10.0mm

5.0 out of 5 stars These needles are beautiful. I was not a knitter, 22 Aug. 2014
These needles are beautiful. I was not a knitter, but a newspaper article suggested knitting something and I did a scarf. I havent worn it yet. I made it too long and too warm, since I get hot walking, but it is very nice.

The needles are nice to use. They are svelte.

Tweezermate 10x Lighted Mirror
Tweezermate 10x Lighted Mirror

4.0 out of 5 stars nice optically and the little light, 22 Aug. 2014
I broke a previous 5x mirror and bought this one. It is well made, nice optically and the little light, which I thought would be de trop, is useful. The field of view is smaller than the 5x, which perhaps was better for me

How Late It Was How Late
How Late It Was How Late

5.0 out of 5 stars I found the book absolutely gripping and easy to pick up and put down, 22 Aug. 2014
I found the book absolutely gripping and easy to pick up and put down. As I neared the end, I began to wonder how the author would tie up all the loose ends - there seemed to be so many. I think I should say no more so as not to spoil it for others.

Petrol Chainsaw 58cc 3.4HP with Premium Chain 20" Guide Bar & Free Carry Case, Tool Kit. Perfect choice for Semi-Professional & Home Users - Unbeatable Value

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Chainsaw, 16 May 2014
It starts well and it is quiet. It is heavyish, clean, efficient, well supported and preferable to my old Husqvarna.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Case, 27 Jan. 2014
Lovely quality case in mock leather. Fits the Touch perfectly except that the top right strap covers the on/off switch. The strap can be pushed to grip the right side and leave the switch alone. Thoroughly recommend the case, which is a constant pleasure to me.

TP-LINK TL-WPA281KIT AV200 With 1 LAN port 300M Wireless N Powerline Extender Starter Kit
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy,quick gadget., 16 Sept. 2013
Straight from the box it worked. The laptop worked wherever we plugged the extender in. I unplug it when not in use and it works seamlessly when I plug it back it in again.

Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ 1240mAh Lithium Ion Replacement Battery for Sony RX1 DSC-RX1, RX100, DSC-RX100 Digital Camera - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice battery., 16 Sept. 2013
It seems to be a perfect replacement for the OD battery. The camera seems to be quite happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3