Profile for zebra2006 > Reviews

Content by zebra2006

zebra2006

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Snuggle Pets Cuddleuppets (Brown Bear)
Snuggle Pets Cuddleuppets (Brown Bear)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and cuddly, 4 Jan. 2013
"Santa" left this for my daughter and she was over the moon. The bear is very cute and she loves chatting away to it. The blanket is very soft and cuddly and just right for a three year old, although not sure how well it would be received by an older child. All in all a good toy for those little ones into teddies, seems durable and well made.

Apple iPod nano 8GB - Graphite - 6th Generation (Launched Sept 2010)
Apple iPod nano 8GB - Graphite - 6th Generation (Launched Sept 2010)

1.0 out of 5 stars Fashion over function = poor sound quality, 3 Jan. 2013
The design is great and really usable (hence the one star) but sadly even that cannot compensate for the fact that the iPod nano has terrible sound quality. For anyone who is serious about music I definitely would not recommend this product - the output is flat and tinny sounding. Using the EQ is no help as it actually sounds better when set to none. I even bought some more expensive headphones believing this to be the root if the problem but there was no difference in the iPod (although they sound great on a mate's Sony Walkman).

I am sooooooo disappointed with this iPod. I have used it a handful of times and got so annoyed by my phillips CD Walkman from yesteryear surpassing it on sound that I have now ordered a Sony Walkman MP3 player and the iPod alas will be sold.

Sugar Women's Otto Flower Power OFPWH 7 UK
Sugar Women's Otto Flower Power OFPWH 7 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes, tight fit, 19 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Sugar Women's Otto Ballet (Shoes)
These shoes were really nice and just what I wanted..... Except for the fit. They were pretty tight. Most places I am a uk 7 but these were a tad on the small side. Ended up sending them back and wasn't able to get an 8 so I will never know whether they would have been as good as they looked.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pressie for little ones, 19 Sept. 2012
I bought this for my daughter as an extra birthday present as she is really into 'play' food and making sure all her teddies have some! My daughter loves the cookies (not so bothered about the oven tray and all the other bits although she was somewhat confused by only one oven glove) but we've had good mileage out of it and it's still a favourite. The quality of the product is very good and it does look really lovely with nice packaging. It would make a great gift and I personally think it was good value for money.

Quilting For Dummies
Quilting For Dummies
by Cheryl Fall
Edition: Kitchen & Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 12 Oct. 2011
I bought this book before I ever attempted a quilt and I must say at first it almost put me off quilting anything at all!! There is so much information in this book that it is quite daunting at first. After weeks of having pieced and basted and unpicked and re-stitched I am glad that I have this book as it is a great reference tool. If like me (a bit of a numpty) you have difficulties following long instructions and prefer to get stuck in then I think that the book definitely made more sense once I had the practical experience and was able to work stuff out with the quilt in front of me. The patterns contained in the book are probably on the more traditional side - so maybe not relevant for everyone. All in all a great book that you can just pick up and look up whatever you need to know.

Material Obsession: Contemporary Quilt Designs
Material Obsession: Contemporary Quilt Designs
by Kathy Doughty

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing contemporary quilts for all levels, 12 Oct. 2011
As a beginner quilter I bought this book before I even started my first quilt. Just seeing the lovely creations in this book alone motivated me to get on with it and start hunting down lots of lovely fabric. The quilts in this book come in three levels beginner intermediate and advanced so there is something for everyone. What I love about this book is that the patterns are very contemporary and the fabrics used are wonderful. The patterns themselves are very clear and the images that accompany each designs are very good. There is a brief section at the back of the book about quilt making - piecing, basting, binding etc but to use this book you would probably need to know a bit about the basics of quilting. If you know a bit (or even a lot) about quilting and are looking for some modern designs then this is the book for you.

in search of
in search of

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now!!!, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: in search of (Audio CD)
One of the best Stoner rock albums of all time. Blows anything else out the water. Mean riffs and fuzz, check out Neptune's Convoy and the cracking bassline. I can't explain how good this album is - just go and buy it!!!!!

Batavia's Graveyard: The True Story Of The Mad Heretic Who Led History's Bloodiest Mutiny
by Mike Dash

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, shocking, engrossing, 13 Sept. 2011
I found this book by chance after searching for sea voyages and exploration on Amazon. Even though I had never read anything at all concerning Dutch shipping I couldn't put this book down. The author does an excellent job steering us through the events as they unfold on the archipelago of Houtman's Abrolhos and has done an incredible amount of research considering the date that these events took place - 1628. Although I found the book a bit heavy going at times, overall it is well written and definitely an excellent read for those into history/exploration.

Womens Black Winter Warm Waterproof Comfort Rain Snow Boots
Womens Black Winter Warm Waterproof Comfort Rain Snow Boots
Offered by tack n hack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots at affordable price, 24 Aug. 2011
I was looking for something that would be waterproof and comfortable when out walking in the winter months as wellies are just far too cold on my feet! For the price these boots are great. They are really comfy and flexible. I did read the other reviews before ordering and took the advice to get a size smaller than I usually am. They fit perfectly and are a bargain.

The Company: The Story of a Murderer
The Company: The Story of a Murderer
by Arabella Edge

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but....., 8 Aug. 2011
I read Batavia's Graveyard and was so intrigued as to what led someone to act in this manner that I searched for more information. This was pretty much the only book that came up that looked interesting. It was also interesting to read another person's thoughts on why the events unfolded as they did, although I feel the book lacked substance and the end wound up too quickly. Although this could have been because I read Batavia's Graveyard prior to this one. All in all an entertaining read but nowhere near as good as Batavia's Graveyard.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7