Profile for Donna Maguire > Reviews

Content by Donna Maguire

Donna Maguire (Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Girl from the Sugar Plantation: A gripping and emotional family saga of love and secrets (The Quint Chronicles)
by Sharon Maas

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book to read, 19 Oct. 2017
This is a beautiful book to read!! I adored the writing style and the story was perfect - for me the whole thing was evocative, emotional and simply exquisite - it really is such a perfect addition to the Quint Chronicles and I loved every page.

The characters are great and they lead the story so well, the descriptive nature of the scenes makes you feel that you are with them in the book, it really is a treat to read - Sharon is definitely one of my favourite authors for this genre - no hesitation in giving the book 5 stars

Christmas at Hope Cottage: A magical feel good romance novel
Christmas at Hope Cottage: A magical feel good romance novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas at Hope Cottage, 18 Oct. 2017
The first thing that attracted me to this book was the absolutely stunning cover, I then read the blurb for the book and knew that it was one that I needed to read.  I have read a few of Lily's books so far and this has to be the best of hers that I have read to date - I loved everything about this book- the storyline was great and I loved the characters - Emma was a fantastic character and I loved following the story with her - superb writing and a really enjoyable story - 5 stars from me - you can get the book on the links below - enjoy!!  It definitely is worth getting a copy to read for this winter!!

Little Detectives At Home: A LOOK and FIND Book
Little Detectives At Home: A LOOK and FIND Book
by Sonia Baretti
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Oct. 2017
I loved these books when I was younger and would definitely recommend this one.
It has just the right amount of fun and learning for little ones. 5 stars

Her Dark Retreat: a psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming
Her Dark Retreat: a psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it, 17 Oct. 2017
I really enjoyed this one, the plot was great and I really enjoyed how the storyline really creeps along and builds up the suspense to give it an added darkness to the book.  I am really enjoying my psychological thrillers at the moment and I really liked the writing style used and how the characters made the book so suspenseful.

This is my first book by this author so I have gone and bought a copy of Undercurrent her debut novel after reading this one - a solid 4 stars from me - most definitely worth getting a copy if you like this genre - and it is a creepy one!!

With This Christmas Ring
With This Christmas Ring

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enoyed it!, 17 Oct. 2017
I really enjoyed this whole book!  It was a genuinely delightful story that made me smile and I felt happier after I'd read it - it's a (not that short at 184 pages) and sweet novella that is set at a great pace, I really didn't feel like the book was that long as I read it in an afternoon.  The characters are great and believable, the plot is great as the romance builds up nicely and you feel it grow with the story - 4 stars from me, a feel good romance!

Deck the Halls: A Darling, VT Christmas Romance Novella (A Darling, VT Novel)
Deck the Halls: A Darling, VT Christmas Romance Novella (A Darling, VT Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five festive stars!!, 17 Oct. 2017
I really enjoyed this book, it was a brilliant story - idea for reading in the run up to Christmas! The characters were great and I loved how they interacted for me it really made the story sop beautiful to read.  A genuinely heart warming story that made me feel warm and cosy inside - 5 stars from me - really enjoyed it!

A Season of You: A Cloud Bay Christmas Novel
A Season of You: A Cloud Bay Christmas Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars rounded up to 4, 17 Oct. 2017
I enjoyed this book and I thought that it flowed very well.  I thought that the characters were great and worked so well together that it made the story.  This is the first book that I have read on the Cloud Bay series and am happy to say it can be read as a stand alone book but you would potentially get even more out of the series if you were to read them in order - 3.5 stars rounded up to for from me for this one - enjoy!!

London Noir: A gripping crime suspense thriller: Volume 2 (Kal Medi)
London Noir: A gripping crime suspense thriller: Volume 2 (Kal Medi)
by Ann Girdharry

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it - 4 stars!!, 17 Oct. 2017
I was given the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review and I am so glad that I took the author up on the offer!!  The book was a really good read, it flowed well and I enjoyed the characters and the plot, it was really tense and full of suspense at times and I thought it was a great crime thriller - I don't want to give out any spoilers so will just say I definitely do recommend this one and I gave it 4 stars - I really enjoyed the ending - did not see that coming!!

Beneath the Skin: A dark psychological thriller with a stunning twist
Beneath the Skin: A dark psychological thriller with a stunning twist

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!!, 17 Oct. 2017
I thought that this book was absolutely thrilling and haven't hesitated to give it 5 stars!!  The story centres around the lives of four couples - their lives and their deepest, darkest and potentially explosive secrets - the writing style used is excellent and the story weaves it's way around brilliantly.  You can see the thought used when writing this and for me that made it more than just another main stream psychological thriller.  The characters are complex, some you'll like, most you might want to hate but that is what makes this story so great - that for me the characters were believable and it is that which makes the plot work so well!!

Christmas at the Gin Shack: Have a very merry Christmas with this feel-good festive read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, 15 Oct. 2017
Awww I loved this book!!  I thought that the storyline was great and I loved how the book flowed so well.  The characters were brilliant and I thought that their interaction was great, the pace was spot on and I loved every page whilst I was reading it - it genuinely is a treat and it really did leave me feeling all warm and cosy - absolutely perfect for a cosy night in - 5 stars from me!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20