Profile for Robert Ryan > Reviews

Content by Robert Ryan

Robert Ryan "boabatude" (Glasgow, Scotland)

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (PS2)
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars One Problem With Pro Evo 4, 17 Aug. 2004
My friends and I are avid Pro Evo fans and have been buying the game since the days of ISS Pro Evolution. Having read the reviews and previews of the new game we can't wait for it to come out. HOWEVER!!!... the only thing we are disappointed with is that of the five new stadia included in the new game, Ibrox Stadium and Celtic Park are still not included. How can the producers ignore two of the biggest (Ibrox - 51,000 Celtic Park - 60,000) and most atmospheric stadiums in Britain? Not forgetting that Ibrox is also a 5-star stadium, unlike many of the stadia already included in the game. The Old Firm are without doubt the biggest clubs in Britain behind Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd and we feel that to leave out their stadia is leaving out what would be a great and popular addition to the game, and I am sure many others will agree. Apart from this, Pro Evo was, is, and always will be the greatest football game ever.

Soccer Systems and Strategies
Soccer Systems and Strategies
by Jens Bangsbo

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well rounded book., 7 Jun. 2003
I am I5 and am aspiring to become a football coach so although I did`nt maybe need such a tactical book,at this age, I found this book interesting,informative and such that I learnt about different systems and continetal styles.(In which this had a chapter.) I did have some stumbling points with the writer when he wrote about a sweeper in a back four as I would regard a back four as quite flat. eg: Arsenal ,Adams and the offside trap of the 90`s. The writer Jens Bangsbo ,who is now at Juventus as assistant manager, details famous formations from past Juve and Barca sides to describe particular systems in more detail for the reader. In conclusion this is a book which can educate the reader about different systems and one that describes the defence, midfield and attack. Not a wasted buy and as one of my first coaching books it is one I hold in high regard.