Profile for Choklit Biskit > Reviews

Choklit Biskit

Autoglym Hi-Tech Wheel Brush
Autoglym Hi-Tech Wheel Brush

2.0 out of 5 stars Can scratch lacquered alloys, 3 Mar. 2013
Bought this brush to help clean the wheels of a 2012 Volvo estate with lacquered alloy wheels. Used Autoglym Clean Wheels to help and followed the instructions. Used this brush to agitate once the cleaner had been left to dwell for a number of minutes.

After only 4 times using this brush I now notice that I have tiny scratches all over the face of the alloy wheels, which look exactly like brush marks. These are not specialist alloys - but even then Autoglym claim these brushes are suitable for ALL wheels - so really surprised and disappointed.

Have asked around and a quite a few people in the car-cleaning profession see this as too harsh a brush for wheel faces. Good on tyre walls and perhaps on some engine bay components, just would not use on the wheel rims.

Now have a set of expensive but scratched alloy wheels thanks to this brush :-(

Philips DS3020/05 Portable Docking Speaker for iPod/iPhone - White
Philips DS3020/05 Portable Docking Speaker for iPod/iPhone - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good - but a few minor niggles.., 11 Sept. 2011
OK - so the first thing to say is that this produces some very good sounds for such a small package, particularly managing to get some decent bass! It really does sound impressive for it's size and can fill a fairly decent size room if turned up. It certainly 'punches above its weight'!

The controls are easy to use, and there are very few of them (on/off button on the top, and volume + and - on the base).

So to the first 'niggle' - the docking connector is on a spring so it can accommodate different size iPods and iPhones, but the spring is a little too strong. I'm getting slightly nervous that it will damage my iPhone connector, particularly as the connector does not initially line up with my iPhone (but ok for an iPod nano).

Second niggle - every time I connect my iPhone it tells me I should download the Philips app that apparently adds more functionality. I did, it wasn't that good, and I uninstalled it. But the docking station (through my iPhone) keeps nagging me and it is just starting to become irritating...

So back to the sound... For the price this really is good, though not perfect. It manages to play solidly across all of the ranges, only being challenged by very deep bass. But perhaps its weakness is that the whole of the music doesn't always join up very well, and at times part of the music you are listening to can sound separated from the rest. This is when you realise it isn't a B&W Zeppelin! But again, look at the price and you can forgive it somewhat especially as it doesn't necessarily spoil the overall musical 'experience'.

I would definitely recommend this docking station for the price.