Profile for Michael Smith > Reviews

Content by Michael Smith

Michael Smith "m smith" (united kingdom)

Clubland 11
Clubland 11
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Why don't people like it?, 6 July 2007
This review is from: Clubland 11 (Audio CD)
I have been reading reviews on Clubland 11 and they have mainly been negative stating that the Clubland's have went downhill since Clubland 6.I only starting listening to Clubland on number 8 and have been impressed with every 1, including Clubland 11.

I personally believe they have done a good job with putting together Clubland 11 and there are only a few of the 42 tracks i actually dislike.

My genre of music is usually Indie Rock material and Clubland is the only dance music i really listen to, I find Ministry Of Sound unbearable to listen to.

The only songs I dislike on Clubland 11 are:

You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) - Day, Inaya -I really hate this track

Headbone Connected - Maximum Spell-Its OK but not 1 I would listen too much

Electrica Salsa - Aeronautics & Greg-not a fan of this

These 3 are the only songs I would avoid listening to, the rest of the tracks are worth listening to.

The best tracks on Clubland 11 are:

Baby Baby - Sunblock & Sandy
Never Ending Dream - Cascada
Sure Feels Good - Ultrabeat & Darren Styles
Amazed - Dancing DJ's & Caroline Griffin

I think this is 1 of the best Clubland's I have listened to and I recommend you buy it.

The Black Parade
The Black Parade

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB!, 30 Mar. 2007
This review is from: The Black Parade (Audio CD)
I have not heard of My Chemical Romance til there latest album release and i was against them without even listenin 2 wot they had 2 offer. However a few days ago i bought this album 2 c wot they r like. All i can say is this album is brilliant. The best album i have heard since The Klllers-Sams Town. Here is how i rate the songs.

1.end-a short opening song. ok song but the album certainly gets better as you go down the track list 7/10

2.dead-upbeat catchy song 8.5/10

3.This is how i dissapear-at 1st i wasnt a big fan of this song but after a few playbacks it is now one of my favourite songs on the album. I have heard nothing of this being released as a single in the future but if it is then its a top 20 guaranteed. 10/10

4.Sharpest lives-good song up there with the best on the album 9/10

5.Welcome to the black parade-only song i new prior 2 listenin 2 this album. liked it then but lyk it even more now after listenin 2 it constantly on this album. up there with my favourite songs of all time! 10/10

6.I don't love you-next song they r going 2 release prior 2 this review.This is definetly good enough 2 reach the top 20. 9.5/10

7.house of wolves- another catchy gud song on this album 8/10

8.cancer- emotional song not wot i expected frm these but none the less a good song. 8/10

9.mama-this song cetainly deserves 2 b on the album and is no filler 7/10

10.sleep-strange start lol but is a decent song none the less 7/10

11.Teenagers- rele catchy song.4th song which will be released from the album and no surprise. Should become one of my chemical romances top charting release. 10/10

12.disenchanted- one of songs which stands out from the album 9/10

13.Famous LAst words- made the top 10 and understandable why. usually the ending songs r not the best on a album but this is an exception,up there with the quality songs on this album 10/10

It is a joke how people refer these as emo music and if u lyk them your an emo becuase it is far from it. A mean am into dance music and even i liked this album. worth buying

Hot Fuss
Hot Fuss
Offered by 101Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB!, 12 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuss (Audio CD)
I have both the killers albums;hot fuss and sam's town and this is by far the best of the two, infact its my favourite album of all time. This album is so good i just had to write a review. Here is how i rate each song:

1.Jenny was a friend of mine-great opening song 9/10

2.Mr Brightside - excellent song, 1 of my favourites 10/10

3.Smile Like You Mean It - one of the songs that got me hooked on the killers-was my favourite song by them but changed my mind after hearing the other songs on this album 10/10

4.Somebody told me - Song that introduced the killers to the world- great song, 1 u never get tired of listening to 10/10

5.All These Things I've Done -Shocked that this is their lowest selling single to date, my favourite song from the album 10/10

6.Andy your a star- not one of their best-average in my opinion 6/10

7.On Top - Just when i think the album is going downhill after listening to Andy your a star this outstanding track comes on. Cant believe they didnt release this as a single, would of surely made the top 10. 10/10

8.Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll -Very catchy, one of the weakest on what is a excellent album,but this would prob be the best song on other albums 7.5/10

9.Believe Me Natalie -Emotional song, one to listen to when your feeling down, very good excellent lyrics and background music 9/10

10.Midnight Show- good song especially the start, one to have on in your car 8/10

11.Everything Will Be Alright- very dissapointing track, only song by the killers that i would recommend not to listen to, change your mind is on the us version and this would have been a much better song to put on 2/10

try getting a hot fuss album which includes the bonus tracks ballad of michael valentine and under the gun as these are very good for bonus tracks

A Weekend in the City
A Weekend in the City
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!, 9 Feb. 2007
This review is from: A Weekend in the City (Audio CD)
what can i say about this album, it is fantastic!.I am a big bloc party fan after hearing their 1st album silent alarm i didnt think they could do any better, how wrong was I. This has got to be a contender for album of the year as all 11 songs are great and i dont have a bad thing to say about any of them. If i have to pick out the very best tracks it would have to be song for clay, waiting for the 7:18, uniform, where is home and i still remember. Since getting this album on Tuesday i have listened to it all the way through about 15 times and have not got sick of it once. This album is a must and if this album is not the UK number 1 on Sunday then its a travesty.