Profile for doxd > Reviews

Content by doxd

doxd "doxd" (Uk)

Garmin eTrex Handlebar Mount Bracket compatible with Garmin eTrex, eTrex H, Vista, Summit, Legend and Venture series handheld GPS products

5.0 out of 5 stars This does work with memory card models, 26 Jun. 2007
This does work with memory card models.

See this faq on the garmin site

[...]

The memory card gps units are supplied with a battery cover with a threaded hole. They are also supplied with a clip that can be attached to the battery cover via the threaded hole.

Once you screw the clip onto the battery cover you have the equivalent of the battery cover with integrated clip supplied with the handlebar mount.

Shure E2C In-Ear Headphones
Shure E2C In-Ear Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars n/a, 4 Nov. 2006
A few problems I had with these.

1. The silicone sleeves are quite thick material so they don't flex a lot. This means your ear canal needs to be quite close to the size of the sleeve to get a good fit. None of the supplied sizes fit my ears so I was stuck with the foam ones which need replacing fequently.

2. The cable wraps around the top of the ear. This means the cable is bent in use and often gets straighted when removed and shoved in a pocket. This flexes the cable a lot in the same area. The cables are also exposed to sweat/oil where they rest against the skin on the top of the ear. The sweat appeared to make my cables harder and more brittle and that combined with the flexing caused the cables to fail much sooner than on any other headphones I have used.

3. They are big. Presumably why they have to use the over ear cable routing to help support the bulk and keep them in the ear. Not really a big problem but they can look a little odd on some people and make it difficult to rest the side of your head against something while wearing them.

I recently replaced them with some Sennheisser CX300 which so far address all these problems. The sleves are much thinner material so deform much more and fit my ears much better. The cables drop straight down from the ears so are much less exposed to sweat and frequent bending. They are also much smaller.

A while ago I think the E2C was a fairly good buy but more recent competition addresses some of the problems for a fair bit less cash.

Fuji FinePix A101 Digital Camera  [1.2MP]
Fuji FinePix A101 Digital Camera [1.2MP]

4.0 out of 5 stars great camera, 26 Oct. 2001
A good camera, small and light enough to carry around. Good pictures but so far I am not to impresed with the movie capture it is a bit small and over compressed. I found the Lcd display to be a good size and to be bright enough. The menu system is easy to use. I also liked the macro (close up) function.
I only had one problem, It would crash one of my computers when I tried to access the images but works on all others I have tested it on.