Profile for Patricia > Reviews

Patricia

The Vegetarian Option
The Vegetarian Option
by Simon Hopkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book - his recipes are phenomenal makes me feel I could be a happy vegetarian., 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Vegetarian Option (Paperback)
I am never disappointed by Simon Hopkinson's recipes. There is a depth to them, his instructions are clear and when I follow them, they make me look like a better cook than I am. He understands the interplay between ingredients. And, there is no fluff, i.e., a focus on taste and honest cooking, not on tubes of beautifully placed stuff that doesn't quite come together on the tongue. I love reading his books and his recipes are spot on. I forgot that I had done a review previously, but since I wrote this, I have continued to use his recipes in this book, and continue to love this book.

Chez Panisse Desserts
Chez Panisse Desserts
by Lindsey Shere

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Chez Panisse Desserts (Paperback)
I was so sorry to learn that Lindsey Shere had written most of a second book of desserts but it was lost/stolen/misplaced whatever. I love this book. Phenomenal.