Profile for Fromsnickerstomarathon > Reviews

Content by Fromsnickersto...

Fromsnickerstomarathon

Lean in 15 - The Shift Plan: 15 Minute Meals and Workouts to Keep You Lean and Healthy

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice range of tasty looking recipes, 3 Jan. 2016
Great quality book with lots of tasty looking recipes. As a graduate of the 90 Day plan I'm surprised that there are no macros to go with the recipes. Good to see lots of new recipes that I've not seen before, but quite a few of them aren't Lean in 15 at all - many of them take a while longer - not a huge deal but from the title of the book I was expecting more quick to prepare meals. Overall though it's good and at the pre-order price value for money.

Ignite: 4 Weeks to a Leaner, Faster and hotter Body
Ignite: 4 Weeks to a Leaner, Faster and hotter Body

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workouts, great results, 2 Jan. 2016
I followed this programme as part of the pilot group and had fantastic results. I lost 5lbs in 4 weeks and my jeans went from feeling tight to fitting well. The workouts are easy to follow, but not easy to do! They push you outside of your comfort zone which is exactly what you need to make progress. No equipment required and you can do them anywhere. Highly recommended.

You can read more about my experience here http://fromsnickerstomarathon.com/?s=Ignite
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2016 9:42 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The only running bag you need, 2 April 2014
I've had my Fleetfoot II for nearly 2 years now. I tried out many different bags before finding this one and there was always something not quite right. Mainly they didn't fit well and bounced up and down when I ran. Not with the Fleetfoot. This bag is shaped to fit a woman's body and it stays in place. Once it's on I forget it's there. It has loads of space and can fit my smart phone, inhaler, keys, oyster card and gels. I love that it has a space to loop through a jacket and then keep the jacket out of the way of your legs. It's a clever little bag. I'll be wearing it next week when I take on the London Marathon for the second time!

For a more detailed review head over to my blog [...]

The Fat Burn Revolution: Boost Your Metabolism and Burn Fat Fast
The Fat Burn Revolution: Boost Your Metabolism and Burn Fat Fast

5.0 out of 5 stars The most effective fat loss programme I've ever followed, 3 Jan. 2014
I've been waiting to get my hands on this book for months now. I've been training with Julia Buckley and following her Fat Burn Revolution programme online with her for the last year so I've been eagerly anticipating seeing the programme documented in book format. It definitely doesn't disappoint! Julia covers everything that you need to know and consider before embarking on her 12 week programme which is simply the most effective form of fat loss training I've ever done.

If you want to see what's possible in just 12 weeks then check out my blog [...]

If you're stuck in a rut with your current exercise regime or just not quite sure how to get started on your New Year goal to get fit and healthy then look no further than this book. Julia's down to earth and engaging writing style make this a great read and the programme, while hard work, is very easy to follow.

I really can't recommend this highly enough.

The Lazy Runner
The Lazy Runner

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Lazy Runner (Kindle Edition)
I've been following Laura on Twitter for a while and have read and enjoyed her blog so was excited to find out that she'd written a book. I downloaded it to read while on holiday and finished it in two sittings! It's a very easy to read account of Laura's journey from running novice to sub 4hr marathoner. Having completed my first marathon this year in just under 6 and a half hours that's a time that I could only ever dream of, but shows what is achievable in a relatively short space of time.

Laura has an engaging and enjoyable writing style. As a fellow runner I could identify with many of the situations that Laura described. This would make an excellent read for anyone just taking up running, especially if you're thinking that you could 'never run a marathon' - chances are you could and Laura's book provides advice and inspiration. For other more seasoned runners this is still a great read.

I hope there's a part two once Laura gets her 'good for age' qualification time for the London Marathon. I'd love to read more of her running adventures.

Nothing needs to be the way it's always been
Nothing needs to be the way it's always been

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and inspirational, 12 Jun. 2012
This is an honest and moving account of one woman's journey to change her life through a series of Cognitive Hypnotherapy sessions. Without giving too many of the details away, what Dawn has achieved with the help of her therapist Trevor, is absolutely incredible.

The book is a collection of blog posts, written over the space of around year. They chart Dawn's transformation from someone who, following a traumatic childhood, literally hated herself and dreaded each day to someone who is now genuinely happy and planning for an exciting future.

It's an emotional read, which had me close to tears on a couple of occasions, but mainly left me full of admiration for Dawn and wanting to understand more about Cognitive Hypnotherapy technique. It's really well written and engaging - a real page turner and great value for money.

Highly recommended!