Profile for V. Berlin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Blackout Edition
Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Blackout Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame because the mic itself is awesome., 16 Jan. 2016
After we had it a couple of months, the bit where the lead goes in has gone wobbly, so I'm not sure how much longer it's going to last. Shame because the mic itself is awesome.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
I'm currently reading it for the third time. Inspirational.

A Quiet Life in the Country: Volume 1 (The Lady Hardcastle Mysteries)
A Quiet Life in the Country: Volume 1 (The Lady Hardcastle Mysteries)
by T E Kinsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2016
I enjoyed this on my Kindle so much I got another copy for my friend.

Run Yourself Fit: Simple Steps to a Healthier You
Run Yourself Fit: Simple Steps to a Healthier You
by Christina Macdonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me off the starter blocks, 16 Jan. 2016
There's so much out there written about running - what shoes, what to eat, how to train - very daunting for us 'never run in my life' types, but this book cuts through that and gets you going in a practical and encouraging way. Concise, easy-to-reference, and has everything you need to make the switch from non-runner to runner — whatever your age, size or fitness level. Really nice book too — thick pages, sunny design, hey it all helps.

The Audition: Welcome to Rock War: A Free Sampler
The Audition: Welcome to Rock War: A Free Sampler

1.0 out of 5 stars ... teenage son but it's so ridiculous that it reads like a comedy, 27 Mar. 2015
I'd hoped this would grip my teenage son but it's so ridiculous that it reads like a comedy. And you know all that stereotyping they teach them at school NOT to do, well it seems like Robert Muchamore missed the assembly on that.

The Universe versus Alex Woods
The Universe versus Alex Woods
by Gavin Extence

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Mar. 2015
I've read this three times, and will read it again soon I imagine. Any chance of a sequel, Gavin?

Viking Myths: Stories of the Norse Gods and Goddesses
Viking Myths: Stories of the Norse Gods and Goddesses

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the best yet., 10 Oct. 2014
A fresh re-telling of the Norse myths with authenticity at its heart. I have read many translations of these myths; this is the best yet.

Stuff Matters: The Strange Stories of the Marvellous Materials that Shape Our Man-made World

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this book, 3 Jun. 2014
After searching for eons for a popular science book on this fascinating subject, we saw Mark Miodownik do a talk at the Royal Institution and saw that he had written a book. Now we need to wait for him to write another one.

Sony Walkman W273 4GB Waterproof MP3 Player for Swimming, Running and other Sports, with Wearable design - Blue (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear amazers, 22 April 2014
These are just brilliant. They do what they're supposed to. I swam for about 10 laps without noticing my goggles had fogged over.

Super Scratch Programming Adventure! (Covers Version 1.4): Learn to Program By Making Cool Games
by The LEAD Project

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, 14 Oct. 2012
This is an exciting book -- glossy, colourful, and clear instructions that children can easily understand. My son was so psyched that he gasped at the different chapters and I had to stop him from doing it all at once. It's expensive compared to the books we normally by, but worth every penny. More please!

Page: 1 | 2