Profile for James C > Reviews

Content by James C

James C

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
T10 Wedge Type - W5W 194 168 5050 5-SMD Cool White LED 12V Interior Car Light Bulbs - Pack of 10 - Direct Replacment and Reverse - Auto - RV - Used For Signal, Dome, Trunk, Dashboard, Parking Lights
Offered by BriteNway Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars Currently I'm using these in my 94 roadster as dash lights and they are fine. and only took about 30 mins to install, 20 Jan. 2016
similar price as the other LED's but what made me get these was the warranty. These were replacing some no-name LED's that I had ordered years ago but had begun to blink just around a year later. After looking around it was clear that most of whats on Amazon are cheap led's that had more then a few negative reviews or very expensive bulbs sold in small numbers.

Lucky before I had given up I found these. While these are cheap and don't look too different from what I had before. the paper work inside states they have a lifetime warranty. So if they do die I should not have to fork out for any more.

Currently I'm using these in my 94 roadster as dash lights and they are fine. and only took about 30 mins to install.

TRANSFORMERS Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure
TRANSFORMERS Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure
Offered by Fayre Trade Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of nostalgia for me, 3 Jan. 2016
Great bit of nostalgia for me. I remember seeing this guy in the shops decades ago and now I can finally own one. As far as collectable tf's go this one is actually also quite good for kids. He's very simple to transform and the motorised gimmick is interesting. There is potential to loose the extra parts but you can always store them in the box when in his dino mode.

Escape From New York [Blu-ray]
Escape From New York [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars great film but the transfer quality is not really any ..., 2 Jan. 2016
great film but the transfer quality is not really any better then the DVD or what you would find online.

AKG Y20U Soft Touch In-Ear Wired Headphones with Universal One Button Remote Control/Microphone and Three Changeable Earbud Sizes Compatible with Apple iOS and Android Devices - Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars ... perfectly into my ear and the sound quality is great. Not the most bass I've ever heard but ..., 2 Jan. 2016
They fit perfectly into my ear and the sound quality is great. Not the most bass I've ever heard but more then what I need. Downside? the cable is rather thin so I'd avoid wrapping them too tight.

Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards
Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars good way to kill an hour of silence" Well I ..., 2 Jan. 2016
Seen the picture on Youtube while at work and thought "hey why not? good way to kill an hour of silence" Well I loved it. Good music with some rather entertaining lyrics. Also the packing is really nice and it's very eye catching. I really recommend picking it up if you into this kinda thing.

Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Wired Professional USB Keyboard with Win Key Lock - Black
Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Wired Professional USB Keyboard with Win Key Lock - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars have to say its a great keyboard to start with, 1 Oct. 2015
have to say its a great keyboard to start with. I wanted something I could game with but did not have Macro keys I'd never use and a back light I'd get sick off and this has all the go with non of the unwanted extras and a much cheaper price then Razor etc.

Also since its Cherry if I did want to change the keys etc its all cross compatable so if you did want taller keys its a simple process.

fan NOCTUA 120x120x25 NF-P12, 14400010
fan NOCTUA 120x120x25 NF-P12, 14400010
Offered by NOCTUA - Designed in Austria

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best fans I've ever had, 18 July 2015
I had 2 of these for about 3 years from an old CPU cooler that I was no longer using and just decided to use them as case fans to make do. Best idea I've had for cooling my PC even on full load they are almost silent, So I ordered 2 more for my new build and I'm really happy with them. I might even get 2 more to replace the fans on my Corsair H100i.

EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 980TI SuperClocked GDDR5 Graphics Card (6 GB, HDMI 2.0, DVI-I, 3 x DisplayPort 1.2, 384 Bit, PCI-Express 3.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great card when matched with a high end CPU, 10 July 2015
The card is a solid 10/10.

before I get into it I'll list my PC specs as results may differ PC to PC. I have a I7 5930k, 32gb of DDR4, a Samsung 850evo SSD, MSI X99 board and so on. So a fairly top end PC but nothing crazy.

This is a great card when matched with a high end CPU, if your running a low end CPU then your going to find that you will never truly be able to get the most out of this card as its always going to be held back by a bottle neck somewhere else in your system. With that in mind its still an amazing card only 1 game I've got has really pushed it to its limit and that was GTAV while going crazy with the advanced graphics options and frame sampling. Every other game I have does not even come close to stressing the card.

If you want some cons it does blow out a fair bit of hot air so I'd recommend having a window open in summer. Also its a heavy card while its not drooping I can see it starting to give way over time.

And my big problem with this is not the card itself but the sellers.... I found plenty of sellers however almost everyone was out of stock or in one case lied about their stock level. One of my orders was put on backorder without telling me. I don't mind waiting if something is out of stock but being told its on back order only when I chased up why my card was 2 days late really annoyed me. I finally just ordered directly with Amazon and just used my old R9 280X till it arrived. Also shame on Amazon and other sellers for bumping up the price before the cards arrived in stock that's quite shady. Luckily I ordered mine before the price bump.

So to sum it up its a great card and worth buying if your really into your PC gaming.

So all in all a great card if you want to build a machine thats going to last years.

Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (3.70GHz, 6 Core, 15M Cache)
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (3.70GHz, 6 Core, 15M Cache)
Offered by ZippyTom

5.0 out of 5 stars Honestly an amazing CPU it just shrugs off games that gave my ..., 25 Jun. 2015
Honestly an amazing CPU it just shrugs off games that gave my old 3770k a hard time even without over clocking it.

Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2400C14 Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 2400Mhz CL14 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Module - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jun. 2015
Plug and play install and great so far with no issues as part of my gaming machine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3